5,405 results
All reviews rib room rooftop pool observation deck french quarter great location bourbon street jackson square royal street beautiful hotel balcony room rooms are small bell staff within walking distance mississippi river two blocks valet parking mardi gras
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was highly recommended by a New Orleans native, and it did not disappoint. It is located 1 block from Bourbon St., a 10-minute walk to Jackson Square, and 5-minute walk to some amazing restaurants. You couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel, but they've found a way to modernize it while still keeping the vintage feel. The rooms are not big, but very comfortable. Their Rib Room restaurant has great food & drinks. Best BBQ shrimp I had during my trip. This the the only hotel my friend from New Orleans stays at, and the only hotel I will now stay at as well every time I visit the city. YOU MUST STAY HERE!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Omni R, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

loved this hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans !!Great staff--location--my room was on the 7th floor--overlooking the pool---there is a pool bar---that overlooks the city--and a higher observation area--love the fact that if u join the select guest program--you are entitled to free coffee--or beverage of Ur choice--brought to Ur room --along with a paper !! also--they have different value programs __will stay there again !!--

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had such a great time. This a beautiful Hotel. My room overlooked a courtyard, and had a nice view. The observation deck views were awesome. Friends I went with had booked a room with a balcony which overlooked St. Louis St. Both rooms were about the same size, although they did have a larger bathroom, equally as nice. I felt so welcome. Entire staff was outstanding.. Thanks for a wonderful experience. I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My girl and I were married on Sunday 10/13 at the Courtyard Terrace. We had a wonderful week and I wanted to mention some of the comments that i heard from our guests. If you want modern, large rooms this is not your place. It is a wonderfully updated, "old style" hotel where the rooms are on the small side, but very clean. If you have come extra money take a suite. They are nice and spacious.
Best parts of the Omni for me:
3. Location - smack dab in the middle of the french quarter, so you can walk everywhere. Far enough from Bourbon so you can sleep in peace.
2. Rooftop Pool and Bar - A real oasis. My group would meet there every afternoon, enjoy the water and drinks while deciding where to go for dinner!
1. PEOPLE - so nice. The front desk girls, housekeepers, and especially the bellmen. Loved the service and conversation with Marty, Roy, Rico, Duane, Leroy and Ricky. Those guys are the best!!!

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Congratulations on your marriage! We are excited to be forever a part of your new life together. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your 1st Anniversary stay!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We love the Omni. First time there, and we have been to N.O. 25 times in last 25 years. Usually stay at Marriot or Hyatt. Your location is great, especially for us older folks. Can walk to enough good food, fun, tours, etc. We took a walking tour with Ina, and it was great. My nephew and wife seen a Jazz Wedding from their room!! Planning a get together in 2015, and will have 6-8 rooms, instead of 3

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family