New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Paramus, New Jersey, USA
“Luxury and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for both business and pleasure. It is on a quiet street but only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street. I was personally not fan of Bourbon Street, but if it is your first time to New Orleans, I guess you need to see it at least once. This hotel was also a short, but pleasant ride along the St. Charles streetcar to the convention center. The rooms were a little small, but that is to be expected in New Orleans - think of it as if you were travelling to Europe. The concierge was more than helpful with tour and dinner recommendations. When I go back to New Orleans, I will definitely choose to stay here again. Also, while I was there, I walked into some of the other nearby hotels that I was contemplating to stay at and though some were very nice, I was happy I chose the Omni in the French Quarter.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Omni R, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit New Orleans! If Bourbon Street is not for you, check with the Concierge about directing you to activities outside the French Quarter. There is so much to do in New Orleans that is only a Street Car ride away!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The service at this hotel was amazing, worthy of 5 stars. Newly renovated but still had old world charm. Close to EVERYTHING, in the heart of the FQ. I celebrated my 40th in NOLA and had friends from all over the US join me at the Omni and we all LOVED it. Great property and I cannot WAIT to go back. Thank you Omni for making my birthday so special!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tmagoots
Thank you for letting us be apart of your Birthday Celebration! We will surely hope see you next year.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and it is conveniently located within the French Quarter, without being too close to the action to make sleeping an impossibility. I stayed here solo, in the Pavigny Suite on the 5th floor, just after the Super Bowl. I have almost no complaints about this hotel. The hotel staff is lovely, the rooms are elegantly appointed, and I was able to sleep through the night without any noise waking me up. That last one, in my experience, is a high bar in the French Quarter. The balcony in the room was very well maintained, and it was large enough to accommodate several people -- if you have the need (I didn't).

My only complaints about the room are of the maintenance variety. First, the toilet in the bathroom next to the bedroom would not flush at all without multiple tries. I cannot explain this one, and I found it rather bothersome. Second, the sink in the bathroom next to the bedroom leaked water from the knob area. I wish I had noticed it earlier, but I turned on the water and went to answer a call. When I returned, water was all over the floor of the bathroom. I'm sure this is simple to fix, and I notified the hotel staff, but this issue and the toilet issue did leave me with the impression that the bathrooms may not be as maintained or updated as they should be. Plus, I was unable to use this faucet in this bathroom for the remainder of my stay. Of course, the hotel is quite old, but, for the price they charge for these rooms, everything should work perfectly.

Overall, though, I love this hotel and would stay here again in a minute. If you want to be in the middle of the French Quarter without being on Bourbon with the crowds, this is a perfect place to stay. That said, if you want to be in the mix, you may want to stay closer in than two blocks away from Bourbon. Given I was here on business, and only for a short time, this was a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Chartres St. side of the hotel are immensely quieter than the ones on Royal -- one bloc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WShort
Your comments have been reviewed by our Engineering staff and issues have been fixed since your recent visit. It is important that not only do we provide the service expected but that we also provide the product. Thank you for bringing this to our attention during you stay. We hope to see you again!
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a great hotel and has a slightly faded old world charm. The heated swimming pool with a view of the Mississippi from the rooftop is to die for. We saw there on the morning of our departure, saw the suncome up over the river, and melt the mist. We swam there at night under the stars and the moon.
We identified three draw back to the hotel. The service in the bar at night is slow even by Louisianan standards. The room service kept on failing to replenish the coffee in our room. Finally, the bottle of water on the dressing table is not free as it would be in any other decent establishment it is $8 – what a rip off.
Still New Orleans and French Quarter is a great place to visit. I would return, just bring my own bottled water!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank simon_ellis
Glad to hear about your most recent stay! The next time you plan to stay at an Omni Hotel be sure to sign up for the loyalty program. It is complimentary and you receive many great perks such as, free wifi service, two complimentary bottles of water on the day of arrival, and so much more! You can read more about it at omnihotels.com.
Round Rock, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great hotel near many fun places to visit! The rooms were up to date! I was able to comfortably walk to Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and more. The only issue we gad was with the limited hours of the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LisaBirkman
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for the Super Bowl--all in all a crazy time for NO and to be in NO--and the Omni did a stellar job managing the chaos. I was nervous the rooms were going to be SMALL, and while my Queen room wasn't large, it was perfect. Perfectly clean, totally comfortable and seemed all new, though I think they did just go through a remodel. No complaints about this hotel. Staff was wonderful. Rooftop pool is great though it was too cold to use and the gym is well equipped.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EliStu
Edwardsville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past December. First time staying in this particular hotel in NOLA. We enjoyed it and if the price is right, we’d definitely come back. As other reviewers stated, it’s worth it to sign up for the rewards program for the free Wi-Fi and the morning coffee deliveries. We had our vehicle with us and the guys running the valet parking (while expensive, but they all are, Omni wasn’t more than the other hotels or anything) were very accommodating as we do like to get out of the Quarter while we’re visiting. There was construction but it didn’t cause us any headaches; had a few drinks at the bar, clean rooms, nice turndown service at night, friendly staff, attractive hotel. Positive experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank StephTodd
Omni R, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I are pleased to hear about your recent experience and look forward to provide you the same service your next visit!