“Great french Quarter location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olivier House Hotel

You added Olivier House Hotel to your Saves list
Olivier House Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   828 Toulouse St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #5 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great french Quarter location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Olivier house. We were stationed in NOLA for 6 years and we really missed this place.. I wanted to celebrate my 50th Bday in NOLA...we picked the Olivier house because of the location/cost and because they allowed us to bring our lil dog and did not charge a fee. After reading many reviews I took others advise and ask for a specific room..I picked room 301..The room was great! it was clean, has a small frig /microw in the cabinet under the flat screen TV.. the bathroom has been remodeled.. lighting in there wasn't great.. but It made me look better..lol.. The shower/tub is a little small I think..but I am 5'10 n by no means tiny.. The elevator to get to the 3rd floor is like walking into a coat closet.. my husband and I did squeeze into it with a suit case each.. I have never seen anything like it.. They were remodeling while we were there so there was a lot of noise and mess.. but everyone was so nice that we really didn't mind.. only reason I gave the lower rating was because this place is not for everyone..its a old house turned into a hotel..snobs/picky people stay away.. I for one will be back to stay again n again ONE THING..if you stay in 301 bring ear plugs.. it is noisy .. we slept like babies in the comfy bed/sheet but did wear ear plugs.. I hope the remodeling doesn't mean they are going to change things here.. the location is great.. Camillas just up the road is great for breakfast!! we went there each morning... THANKS OLIVIER house for a great Bday week!!! I can't wait to have a family get together here!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 301 and were very happy.. we did sleep with ear plugs in because the street is noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank afmommax2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited New Orleans for three nights, on holiday so we wanted somewhere convenient. The location is perfect - very close to the French Quarter, but very quiet as it's on the other side of Bourbon St to most of the bars, restaurants and shops. A glass of wine on our balcony, which looked onto the inner courtyard, was perfect before venturing into town for the evening.

We reserved a standard room, but it turned out to be on a split-level, with the bed upstairs and a living room-type space downstairs, with balcony. It was really a very nice space, and as we were passing through reception one time, the receptionist stopped to ask how we found it, because the owner wanted to know how the recently renovated room was being received by guests. Extremely well, we answered honestly.

I will definitely try to stay at the Olivier House if and when I'm in New Orleans again, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed May 2012
Midway, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite overlooking the courtyard, which was absolutely beautiful. The building is very old, but its exactly what I look for when staying in the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is 1/2 block away! Price for the room was reasonable, and the staff was extra friendly and helpful. I have stayed at several other hotels in the quarter, but this place is by far my favorite. Great overall experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paint50
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love the location of this hotel and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I don't even mind the "faded glory" appeal. But when you've got mice and roaches in the room, faulty wiring, and inconsistent water pressure and temperature, I have to ask myself if I can't get the charm somewhere else without the hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing Bourbon Street if noise is a problem for you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank SuSu49022
Lake Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We loved our stay at the Olivier House. The staff were very friendly. We loved the layout of the rooms. The location is perfect and only steps away from Bourbon Street. If you prefer a typical 5 star hotel then this hotel is not tor you. This hotel is sn old authentic New Orleans hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The location was perfect. JUST far enough off of Bourbon St. to be quiet but close enough to stumble home to...in case that might happen. Very interesting space with stairways that lead all over the place. We had a group of 14 in seven rooms and it was perfect for a group. There are two common areas where we could gather before we started out. It is a very old building and is a little worse for the wear. But it wouldn't stop me from staying there again. Each room was different so there was a great deal of fun in going to each others room to see what it looked like.

The staff was amazingly helpful and gracious. Asked if we could check out late because it was raining and we didn't feel like walking around in the rain and they let us stay in our room until 3:00 when our taxi came for the airport.

Room Tip: The common area where the courtyard was did get a little noisey for one couple who had a room right...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is part of what makes new orleans charm.no rooms alike,lots of character.If you want to experience the city,this type of hotel fits the bill.close to everything,friendly staff and just typical of why one should go to the city.Will stay here again. Beautiful courtyard and unique rooms.Some rooms might not be too quiet so ask.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple