My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Olivier house. We were stationed in NOLA for 6 years and we really missed this place.. I wanted to celebrate my 50th Bday in NOLA...we picked the Olivier house because of the location/cost and because they allowed us to bring our lil dog and did not charge a fee. After reading many reviews I took others advise and ask for a specific room..I picked room 301..The room was great! it was clean, has a small frig /microw in the cabinet under the flat screen TV.. the bathroom has been remodeled.. lighting in there wasn't great.. but It made me look better..lol.. The shower/tub is a little small I think..but I am 5'10 n by no means tiny.. The elevator to get to the 3rd floor is like walking into a coat closet.. my husband and I did squeeze into it with a suit case each.. I have never seen anything like it.. They were remodeling while we were there so there was a lot of noise and mess.. but everyone was so nice that we really didn't mind.. only reason I gave the lower rating was because this place is not for everyone..its a old house turned into a hotel..snobs/picky people stay away.. I for one will be back to stay again n again ONE THING..if you stay in 301 bring ear plugs.. it is noisy .. we slept like babies in the comfy bed/sheet but did wear ear plugs.. I hope the remodeling doesn't mean they are going to change things here.. the location is great.. Camillas just up the road is great for breakfast!! we went there each morning... THANKS OLIVIER house for a great Bday week!!! I can't wait to have a family get together here!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans