I have stayed at the Olivier House many times over the years but most recently was for 8 days over Halloween in October (a late review I know but...better late...). I have always had the greatest experiences while staying here, especially this last trip. All of my friends backed out for one reason or another; some had reasons out of their control, others, let's say are no longer friends. So, I am never one to miss returning to NOLA so I went solo. When I arrived Bobby was incredibly accommodating to my situation and helped me in every way possible. They always checked in with me on how I was doing. Bobby and Deborah and the entire staff have always went above and beyond to make me feel like I am a valued returning friend. I have stayed in most places in the quarter and this is the only one that I am committed to and refer all my friends to. That being said, my friends and I have personalities that match the style and funkiness of the Olivier House and it suits us perfectly. The rooms are large and are all different, the hotel itself is gorgeous and old New Orleans from and old world perspective. The location cannot be beat, center of the quarter, half-block off Bourbon St. and you can always walk Dauphine if you've had enough of Bourbon. There's a little market across the street so you can grab a cold one and hit the streets. It's close to everything including Deja Vu when you stumble back and need a late night snack! The pool and courtyards are beautiful and balcony rooms are wonderful to sit out on in the mornings and evenings. It has personality and character that sets it apart from most of the other places I've stayed.
If you require a brand new, ultra clean & shiny, cookie cutter hotel with a starbucks in it then I recommend you stay at one of the big hotel chains on Canal St.
To me, this is part of loving NOLA, a little run down but with true character including ghosts and music on every corner. I have stayed here during Halloweens, Mardi Gras' and various other times throughout the year and I will continue to do so. In fact, I'll be returning next month and I cannot wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans