Some people should just stay at national chains, but the rest of us should stay at Olivier House. I feel obligated to state that I'm not a risk-taker, and usually I prefer the beaten path. After reading the reviews here, I was afraid I'd be staying at some kind of third world youth hostel, and that's not the case at all.
This place is old skool, family run, and a blast. It's an old New Orleans mansion that feels right out of an Ann Rice novel with a glorious courtyard, a grand parlor and staircase, labyrinthine hallways, and a time warp of an elevator.
Our room was huge, more like a mini-suite, and $90/night, with coffee maker, microwave, fridge, powerful AC, flat-screen TV, and a whirlpool tub. Parking was $10/night. And unlike chains, we weren't nickeled-and-dimed throughout our stay. Although we were 1/2 block from Bourbon Street, we had no noise problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans