3,890 results
All reviews m club canal street floor number great location french quarter the concierge lounge busy hotel corner room river view large hotel lobby bar high floor within walking distance beignets harrah's casino mardi gras valet parking
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The service here is EXCELLENT! - valets, front desk, housekeeping, room service, security, bar - you name it...GREAT! I also love the lobby and bar of this hotel- kind of like Vegas meets NOLA. The flavored water in the lobby is also YUMMY! We had watermelon one day and orange basil another. We didn't swim, but the pools looked nice and it was neat to watch them change colors from our room. Rooms are also super quiet since you're so high up. There was a lot of security in the hotel- which made me feel better as there were a lot of extra scammers and pan handlers in town for the start of Mardi Gras. The elevator system takes some getting used to, but it's pretty neat how it pre-assigns your elevator based on your destination floor. The fitness facilities were also very impressive and had a nice view. My only real complaint was the humidity level in our room. It was so humid we had to keep temps low. It was so humid that my clothes were damp when I opened my suitcase after checking out. The rooms are also configured a bit awkwardly- I think they are just trying to fit too much in there. Either way- I'd return!

1  Thank HouCuseChickie
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The meeting rooms were good and comfortable. The hotel bar was a great place to watch people, and had reasonably priced food. Service was very good. My room was pretty standard for a Marriott-- meaning it was comfortable and well appointed, but nothing spectacular. The hotel is a bit old, and while the room had been updated, it was easy to see it was not new. But, that said I had a nice stay, in a nice local, with helpful service and no problems.

1  Thank travelingmom35805
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The service at this hotel was GREAT! The room wasn't really big but was very cozy. The bed is fantastic. It sleeps very well. There is always someone there to assist with whatever you need. This will be the hotel of choice when we visit again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MzPretti
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I book a room on-line for a last minute seminar. I pay full rate and ask for a High Floor room. I arrive and am on the 7th floor and RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR BANK. I take a nap -- can't sleep and go down to the front desk and ask if they are fully booked (thinking I got the best available -- albeit a crappy room). The clerk says "well, you must have asked for a King Bed room and this was the only one we had." No, I booked a twin queen bed room. Frustrated. she then gets the manager and while he was outwardly polite, he had a screw you attitude. To his credit, he did ask to move me. I said no.. too much hassle. I then told him (what an innkeeper should already know ) "put your "guests" in the BEST AVAILABLE (within same price range) ROOM in the first place." I said that is like a restaraunt serving a patron spoiled food, and when patron complains, saying "well, we would happy to bring you another plate food, but this time it won't be spoiled." After refusing the move, it did get worse, the bathroom intermittantly smelled of sewer gas, and the food in the restaraunt during lunch the next day was cold. Never again at the Marriot Canal St. (although I stay at other fine Marriotts elsewhere).

3  Thank Non-NativeHoustonian
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed in the New Orleans Marriott this past week for our our anniversary. We requested a room on a high floor to get away from the street noise. They put us on the 40th floor and we were very pleased with the room overall. Our room was around the corner and three doors down from the elevators, which seemed like a good distance. However, at night, when trying to sleep, it sounded similar to cars driving over a bridge all night long. Sort of a ka-thunk-hiss sporadically all night long. I'm no typically a light sleeper, but that noise at three or five on theosophy did wake menup more than a few times. I'm glad to be back home so I can catch up on my sleep.

If you stay at the New Orleans Marriott, stay as far as you can from the elevators or buy some ear plugs.

• Stayed: February 2011