“Nice Stay”

New Orleans Marriott
Ranked #72 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I went for a conference. The beds were amazing as were the staff and a short walk to most everything. Two other firends though paid for internet wervice and they never were able to connect them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for New Orleans Marriott

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Hotel was nice but nothing special. We were on the 28th floor. The rooms were very clean but the bathroom was very small. There is no free wi-fi in the room but it is available in the hotel lobby with a limit of 4 hours/day. This hotel has a unique elevator system. You punch in your floor and it tells you which elevator to take. Seems to move a crowd fast, but sometimes overfills the elevator cars. The pool area is very nice. It's outdoors on the 5th floor. There are two pools, lots of seating, towels are readily available, and you can buy food. The hotel has restaurants but we didn't use as they were a little pricey. We asked for directions to restaurants off-site and were given directions, but they were very sketchy and we only found the places because we stumbled across them. I would say the people at the concierge desk didn't go out of their way to be helpful. The hotel is convenient to the French Quarter, the trolley line, and to Harrah's casino which is about three short blocks away. Overall, it was a good place to stay. Probably the most important aspect was that we felt safe staying here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2009

the whole staff was knowledgeable friendly accomadating
the location was incredible just a few blocks from the french quarter
restaurant was excellent ,the lounge was great
only thing is that starbucks closed early

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2009

For our first trip to New Orleans, we chose this hotel. It was extremely convenient to the casino and to the French Quarter. Opinion on check-in and check-out - Reception staff was not unfriendly, just not welcoming. Hubby described the hotel as functional, which in my opinion means “cold”. It was a good place to rest your head after a hard day of walking, gambling (speaking of gambling – hubby won and I lost), and drinking (try Big Easy Daiquiris for great drinks and tasty pizza). Despite popular belief, the “innovative” elevator seemed to work fine. We never had to wait at all. Oh by the way, we did use the pay for use Internet service in our room (it worked great), but I also saw several people using it for free in the bar/lobby. Hotel was close to several familiar fast food restaurants which I loved since because of allergies I can’t do all the fish and spice of some of the unique Orleans restaurants. Two things I didn’t like –again, the not unfriendly but unwelcoming staff and two: the drunk college students (young people) who hung outside the front entrance drinking and smoking. But for the same $75 deal on Priceline, I’d still come back because of the location and the deal. Next time, I might try the Doubletree though because it is right across the street from Harrah’s.

Reviewed June 10, 2009

My wife and I were guests here for four nights during a recent business trip. Had a king bed room on a high floor. Room size was standard, if not a little on the smaller side.

The location at the edge of the French Quarter was great. A streetcar line runs in front of the hotel and the French Quarter/Bourbon Street, etc are just behind you.

The hotel is a huge convention hotel and you feel dwarfed when you enter the lobby. The staff were friendly and willing to help solve any problem.

One error we encountered was information on the non-existent business center which is now a FedEx Office in the lobby.

Conference food was tasty, especially breakfast.

We weren't there for the nightlife, but did enjoy walking around the area and seeing the historic sights (don't miss the two National Park Service sites nearby). If you want to avoid the revelers, go out early.

If travels take us back to New Orleans, we'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank dangrad
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I would have rated this property a three after I found out about the hidden parking charge....($30.00 USD a night plus $7.30 USD Tax). I found that insane. I have stayed at many Marriott properties, I am a Marriott Rewards Member. I love the Marriott chain. Marriott fixed the problem, leaving me very satisfied.

I stayed 2 night at this property.

The hotel is beautiful.....and for the price I paid, you can not beat it. It is in a prime location to the French Quarter, it is a very beautiful stylish hotel. Beautiful lobby, beautiful rooms. We were assigned a corner room with a beautiful view on the 31st floor. We had double windows facing towards the river and the other one with a view of donwtown. The beds are always super comfy, the bathroom is a bit small, but that would be my only complaint. The outdoor pool is also awesome.

This hotel is super clean.....super clean. Thanks Marriott, you have made another say great.

If you are looking at this property for a prime location, this is the one. It is close to everything. You are steps away from the French Quarter, Harrahs Casino, and other great things to do in N.O.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

We visited mid-May and booked a room through Marriott's website for $89 a night. For that price, I was very happy with the hotel. Check-in was quick and we found the staff to be very considerate and helpful. Our room was on the 35th floor and was comfortable and clean (except for window's exterior).

I was also very happy with the hotel location. It is a short walk to the attractions of the French Quarter, but you do not have to worry about being kept up at night with noise.