New Orleans Marriott
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$372
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$344
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$374
$223
$269
  • Fitness center
$356
$319
$265
3,722 results
All reviewsm clubcanal streetfloor numbergreat locationfrench quarterthe concierge loungebusy hotelriver viewcorner roomlarge hotellobby barhigh floorwithin walking distancebeignetsharrah's casinomardi grasvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

A couple of my friends and I spent the weekend here during Mardi Gras season and we were impressed by the staff and how nice the location was. The beds were incredibly soft and the staff dealt with the craziness elegantly! The location was very secure, which was a huge plus for us seeing as how Mardi Gras can be. Overall a great place to stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Tyler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you were impressed by our staff and our location. We do certainly have a lot of experience at handling the Mardi Gras festivities! Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I recently stayed here for one night during Mardis Gras as I was passing through. Canal street was closed off so I had to find the back entrance which took quite awhile. The hotel should have notified incoming hotel guests about the parking situation. The hotel also rented out part of it's front parking area facing canal street to allow vendors to sell items which took away from the parking spaces, too.

Check in was OK, Valet was VERY SLOW and be prepared to pay for the $36 per night parking fee. I had access to the VIP lounge and when I entered at 5:00PM a company was having their meeting in one of the tables. How tacky is that? That really took away from me wanting to eat or have a drink in this lounge.

Room Tip: Don't visit during Mardis Gras season
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you, Jasontraci2006, for posting your review. I apologize that you experienced a challenge arriving to the hotel during the parades this past week. Mardi Gras brings a lot of traffic to the downtown area and we appreciate the feedback you provided to further enhance future guests arrival experience. Additionally, I am sorry you did not find our concierge lounge to be comfortable. In July, we begin renovation on our new concierge lounge concept, the M Lounge, which I am sure you will find enjoyable. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Staff was excellent and the room was very comfortable, but, a bit small. Yearned for a reading chair. The HD TV did not work properly; pixel breakup, but we weren't there for the television. Concierge, valet, and maid service were terrific assets.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear de113,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the New Orleans Marriott. It pleases us to hear that you enjoyed the location in the French Quarter and the streetcar- we hope you had a chance to ride! It's also great to hear that you liked our active Greatroom area and found that the rooms were very clean. We hope to the pleasure of serving you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend and this hotel was fine. The location is very good, right on Canal and not far from Bourbon, or the streetcar. I do think this is more of a business hotel, which I knew it would be upon booking. We were mostly looking for the location being a short 3 night stay. If you want to get more of the feel of New Orleans in your hotel, this isn't it. The room was were clean, and fairly basic, a little on the smaller side. The staff was very nice and the central lobby bar would be a good place to watch some games The elevators are a little funny in that you enter your floor on the outside and it then tells you which elevator to take. This can be comical upon a late night return from Bourbon st.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear de113,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Marriott. Your feedback is extremely important to us as we seek to perfect the art of hosting. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, clean rooms, kind staff and vibrant lobby bar 55 Fahrenheit. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Being a Marriott Gold member, I stay at a lot of Marriott's around the country. The website, photos and amenities looked great for this hotel...beautiful lobby, nice views, but that's about where it stops...this hotel was average at best. First, they couldn't find the FedEx package I sent a few days earlier. Next, the room wasn't ready and I stated early check-in. If that wasn't enough, none of the 2 bed rooms are Queen size, they only have double sized beds, which is fine for 2 small people. The only option was 1 King, fine for 2 people, but when you have 3 people, not so much...unless maybe in Vegas. Lastly, they spoke of the 'river view' rooms as fantastic, and the views were great, but the tugboat and ship horns blasting 3 and 4 times a night were a bit of a problem, and I'm a heavy sleeper! So, lots of other choices nearby, I'll stick with my brand, but not this hotel ever again. Oh, did I mention that the Executive Lounge isn't open on weekends either, seriously, you get more from the Springhill, Residence and Fairfield hotels in the brand than the 'big' hotels in the brand!

Room Tip: Get the 'City View' only, if they say beautiful 'River View' then make sure you have ear plugs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for the review, Georgia2maine. I would like to apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your feedback is most important as we continuously strive for excellence. For our impending renovation this summer we will be creating the M Lounge, which will create an Elite Concierge Lounge experience and take it to the next level. It will provide full access to the buffet, bar service, and technology but most importantly it will be available 7 days a week. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.