“Consistently good.”

Ranked #72 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed at this property a number of times. I travel to New Orleans about once a year on business, and this has become my property of choice. It is nicely located near several of the locations I typically need to stop, as well as near a variety of casual spots that I like to hit. The facilities are always clean and convenient. The service is top notch.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is located on Canal St. and right around the corner to the French Quarter. It is close to everything and has a Canal St. Streetcar stop right in front of the hotel. We had a nice check-in with recognition of our Marriott Elite status. The rooms are small and a bit tired, but clean. Upgrading will be needed soon. We had a small refrigerator, coffee pot and iron and ironing board. The toiletries were very good and replaced completely on a daily basis. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby ($14.95 a day if you want it in your room). They provide a fantastic home-made fruit water in the lobby. The only problem I had was the night before we were to check-out, I ask the Elite desk person for a later check-out. She gave me a one hour later check-out. The other couple we were with, who are not Elite members, went to the regular desk and ask for a late check-out and they were given a two hour late check-out. Needless to say, I then went to the regular desk and also got a two hour later check-out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The New Orleans Marriott is a great hotel. Wonderful room, excellent lobby bar, beautiful view from my hotel room window, courteous staff, super clean - everything is just awesome. If I have just one suggestion - it is if they could please furnish each room with TWO BARS OF SOAP in the bathroom ... instead of just one. I noticed this here and also at the San Jose Marriott - so all of the Marriotts must be doing this. One bar of soap for the tub/shower, and one for the bathroom sink - otherwise you have to move the bar of soap in between. Such a small thing, I know - but that sticks out as the only negative. I did ask for (and received) a second bar of soap here at the New Orleans Marriott :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GregorySmith
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear GregorySmith, thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time here at the New Orleans Marriott. I speak for our entire team when I say that your feedback is greatly appreciated and we can't wait to host you again very soon.

We welcome any and all suggestions from our guests, as we are frequently reevaluating our processes in hopes of creating a more comfortable, efficient hotel experience. All Marriott Hotels & Resorts are currently changing to a new bath amenity soap package. This new packaging can be a little confusing, however I can assure you we have not reduced the amount of soap. The hand soap is now housed in a tower like box on the vanity and we changed our bath soap to a bottle of shower gel. However, based on your comments, we will look into the placement of these items so other guests are not confused as well. Your comfort is still the number-one priority to us, so if you ever need anything additional, a quick call to the front desk is all it takes.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Robert Bray

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was our first time at the Marriott in New Orleans. It sure was busy with just about every other person here wearing a "Ragin' Cajun" shirt. There was a big game in town. The hotel is nice, about 40 stories high not far from the French Quarter. The lobby has a bar area in the center, requiring you to walk around it to get to the registration area. We stayed in the River tower. There was a great view of the Mississippi River. Internet cost about $15 a day and it seems that most of the TV stations cost money too. Still, the room was nice with a comfortable mattress and covers. The desk in the room had a box containing coffee, tea and creamers and sweeteners...at no extra charge, and there's a refrigerator. The restaurants were a little pricey and room service was out of the question, though not too much for special occasions. Temperature controls worked well and the shower and shower curtain all worked satisfactorily. They use aromatherapy scented shampoo and conditioner as well as shower gel. I know you won't choose this hotel because of that but it is pretty neat. What wasn't neat is the roach my wife discovered crawling on the floor of the bathroom while she was in there. She killed it and I put it in the toilet. That was the only incident but I didn't report it because I forgot it. Looks as if they do receive a regular pest control service as it is. I'd stay here again. Had it been a bed bug, that would've been a different story. Parking is valet only at about $40.

Room Tip: If you want a river view, the higher, the better and the River Tower would be best. The other towers...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel has a Starbucks which is probably the most positive thing about the hotel. Rooms are worn/smelly and could be pimped. Bar area downstairs s pleasant.
Biggest turn-off is the $15/day internet fee, which i had to purchase, cause I don't have an American Cell phone. Marriot, you should be ashamed of yourself. Will never go here again because of that. Go to the Riverfront Hilton. Better Hotel, similar prices, complementary wifi.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can, there's a lot of noise coming from Canal Street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was in town in November for the HCIC Conference. The hotel had nice amenities such as the Starbucks in the lobby as well as restaurants and a bar. However, you could tell the hotel was old. The beds were relatively comfortable with a pillow top on the mattress. I tossed and turn a lot so I woke up hanging off the side of the bed. Anyway, the best part was the shower! Even a co-worker commented on how great the shower was. Besides the cleanliness and the bed I am really only concerned with the shower. After running on little sleep and not wanting to miss the night-life in New Orleans that shower was a life saver. So overall it was a good experience and I would consider staying there again. The staff was very helpful and friendly. A friend of mine forgot her trench coat in the room and it was returned to her. Kudos to them because some hotels conveniently cannot 'find' lost items.

Would not stay here for 'romance' or a couples retreat. I think its a good hotel for work trips or traveling with friends. Great location due to being in the French Quarter and so close to the St. Charles line as well as directly at the Canal street line.

Room Tip: I had a room in the south tower and it was very quiet. I was able to nap during the day and wasn'...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed for a conference at this location and I was not impressed. The location was great but the hotel wasn't so great. The power sockets seemed to big as our plugs were slipping out, I had to prop my phone cord in a certain way for it to charge. I'm 5'11 and I had to bend down to look into the mirror and step outside of the bathroom if I needed to stretch. The tub was clogged, it took a couple of minutes for the water to drain...Yukk

The servers in the restaurant area totally ignored our party and didn't even ask us if we wanted water. The bell staff and front desk staff were pleasant to deal with. If I had to come back I will choose another location.

Room Tip: 28 floor looking a the river is nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley C
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear SHERESE C,

I'm troubled to hear about your experience during your recent stay. It is our priority to provide top-notch service and amenities, and it does not sound like your stay was up to that caliber. While it sounds like you were pleased with our great location and friendly staff, I apologize that there were other disappointments. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns and hopefully make the situation right, if there is a way for us to get in touch with you directly, please let me know.

Kori Johnson