“Excellent Location”

Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
stouffville
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed with family for a weekend. We had 3 rooms. 2 of the rooms were on the 21st floor, across the hall from 1 another. They were corner rooms so they had terrific views. The 3rd room was on the 10th floor overlooking the pool. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathrooms need some freshening up though. The 555 restaurant was closed for part of our stay, as they were undergoing renovations, so breakfast had to been eaten across the street at the Sheraton. They did still serve breakfast in the lobby area, however it was a damp and rainy weekend that we were there, and it was very BREEZY in the lobby bar area. We chose to sit as a family 1 afternoon on the 2nd floor outside the banquet facilities, as it was warmer there to play games with the kids. (Sometimes, sitting in the hotel rooms is just not an option with so many people. The elevator system is amazing. So efficient. Never have seen anything like it before. We would stay there again as it was convenient to everything. My niece and nephew both swam in the pools that are located on the 5th floor. (Outdoor temp was too cool for me to get into my swimsuit). Lovely pool area. :) I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I would definitely go back there. There was nothing outstanding about this property, but also nothing bad either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear gone_again18,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. I'm very pleased that you chose the New Orleans Marriott for your family weekend. You bring up so many great points from the stunning New Orleans views to the cozy guest rooms--not to mention our fabulous location!

I do apologize about the inconvenience with breakfast service at 5 Fifty 5. We are always working on making improvements to our space and we hope you're able to come back to see the finished product.

When the time comes for another trip to New Orleans, we would certainly love to welcome you back and show you more of the signature Marriott service. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you plan your next family vacation.

Robert Bray

New Orleans Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colchester
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. The hotel was perfect for our requirements centrally located to the heart of the Big Easy with everything i easy walking distance. Despite being a very busy hotel, the rooms were quiet and the staff gave a very personal touch and were all polite and helpful. Can certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I work at a hotel as well, and must say this was a great stay for me and my family. Everyone was very helpful and nice. The location is right down the road from all the sights. The breakfast buffet was really good and had plenty of options. The only downside was, we randomly for some unknown reason had a housekeeper walk into our room at 430 without knocking. Not a big deal but definitely something of note. I would definitely come back again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I'm not really sure what to make of this hotel. First the good points:

1. The staff - friendly, helpful and a joy to speak with
2. The location - right in the centre of New Orleans, 5 minutes walk from the French Quarter
3. The quality of the hotel - clean, well appointed

Now the weird things:

1. The elevators - in the lobby you tap in the floor you require on the keypad, you will be told which elevator to take. if you take the wrong one, you will have to travel to the preselected floor and then get out and select to go to the lobby. There are no floor selection buttons in the elevator cars
2. The room - the one I had was huge. It had an 8 seat dining table, full sofa suite, a sink, an empty fridge and bizarrely a pull down bed. The light switches were in strange places and I had to scramble round in the dark to find them. Finally, there was a lack of power sockets in convenient locations. There was one by my sink but not by my bed. Strange layout.

The bad things:

1. The cost of the room - I paid a phenomenal amount for my room due to a conference in the area at the time. It was bordering on the type of money you'd pay at the Four Seasons in many cities. Breakfast wasn't even included
2. Wifi - seriously with the cost of the room, could they not have included wifi instead of charging an extra $15/day?
3. Parking - again expensive
4. The tram noise - Canal Street has a tram line right down the middle. From very early in the morning the trams ring a bell - I assume to warn people to get out of the way. It's loud and annoying

The hotel is good but the cost is not justified. I get that demand pushed the price up but even so I would have expected more for my money.

Room Tip: Ask for a regular room, not one that has the massive dinner table and pull down bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sav_c
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear sav_c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at the Marriott New Orleans. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our friendly staff; they are the best around. Our location, as well, simply cannot be better. We are located near all the best New Orleans hot spots. I'm glad to hear that you could take advantage and enjoy the city!

To address your other concerns, we find that our elevator system is most efficient for accommodating a large number of guests. Our goal is to reduce wait-time and get our guests where they're going as quickly as possible.

In addition, from the description of your room it sounds like you were booked in a suite. I apologize if this was not to your specifications and we always encourage guests to speak to the desk regarding any issues with guest rooms. While we understand that cost is a consideration, we make sure that our rooms are competitively priced and provide the highest standard of accommodations and amenities.

I hope we're able to welcome you back again in the future for another visit. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to be of service.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
Kansas City
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice Marriott. The rooms seemed to be in good shape. Was put on the 30th floor with great view of Canal to the north. Club is in the other tower but not a big deal. The best thing about the NO Marriott was the service. Top notch front desk. Probably better than any other Marriott in NO (and I have stayed at most of them). Also, the housekeeping staff one night surprised me with a wonderful turn down, including a lovely towel animal. She also left a very nice note saying how they strive to take care of their guests. Top notch place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mayan_Brian
Oklahoma
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place was in a great location. It is a conference hotel, so expect a lot of people. We were in the River Tower on the 20th floor and had a wonderful view of the Mississippi river. The room was a standard, business class room. No bells and whistles, but still comfortable and a nice place to rest after a long day of sight-seeing. The staff were great. The lady at check-in was so nice and the staff handling valet parking were so nice and accommodating (often asking and making sure we had directions to places in the city). Again, I can't stress how convenient this location is. There is a trolley stop right outside the hotel. We only had to use our car once during our whole visit because of the hotel's location in the French Quarter. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsWright2008
Dear MrsWright2008, thanks for your kind words. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the New Orleans Marriott. It's especially gratifying to know that our staff made a lasting impression with great service, since guest satisfaction is our number-one priority.

As you noted, we're very fortunate to be located in an ideal spot for exploring the city. Whether you want to board the trolley, hop in a cab, or take your car out for the day, it's all a breeze here at the Marriott. Of course, venturing out on foot is always an option, too, and every member of our team is always willing to provide a recommendation or directions for nearby destinations.

We're looking forward to hosting you again soon, so if there's anything we can do to help plan a stay, just let us know.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
Independence, KY
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the first week in November. The location is great for tourists. It is on the edge of the French Quarter and only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street. Many great restaurants and live bands within walking distance. Room was the typical nice Marriott but not large. In fact, the bathroom door was narrower than normal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice large bar in the lobby. My only complaint was the $15/day charge for wifi in the room. It was available for free in lobby bar, but I think paying about $300/day should include wifi.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again myself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple