3,884 results
All reviews m club canal street floor number great location french quarter the concierge lounge busy hotel corner room river view large hotel lobby bar high floor within walking distance beignets harrah's casino mardi gras valet parking
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the first week in November. The location is great for tourists. It is on the edge of the French Quarter and only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street. Many great restaurants and live bands within walking distance. Room was the typical nice Marriott but not large. In fact, the bathroom door was narrower than normal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice large bar in the lobby. My only complaint was the $15/day charge for wifi in the room. It was available for free in lobby bar, but I think paying about $300/day should include wifi.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed December 1, 2013

my sister and I stayed here in Oct for my birthday the staff was fantastic, very accomodating. I stay in a lot of resorts because my family has a timeshare but this hotel was one of my favorites, I come to New Orleans often but never stayed here now when I return I know where I will be staying. The rooms were a bit small but the view was incredible. Wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SikaaRenaa
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great hotel in the perfect location in the French Quarter. Just a 5 minute walk to the heart of the French Quarter, (Royal St, Bourbon St, French Market, Frenchmen St), but far enough away that you don't hear all the rowdiness and noise from the Bourbon St party-goers. Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. The Starbucks inside was an added bonus. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to be in the action but not hear the action.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley3202
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here for 2 nights and we were very pleased with the experience overall. Compared to many of the French Quarter hotels, this one offers a great value for a family stay. It is conveniently located for sightseeing. I would suggest that the hotel display signage directing visitors to proceed directly to their adjacent parking upon arrival. Perhaps we missed any such signage, but since the hotel provides valet service, we parked at the entrance and were assisted into the lobby with our multiple bags. However, we then were told to pull our car into the garage where a valet would park the vehicle for us. In the lobby several staff members passed by myself and my children and offered no assistance with our luggage after checking in nor did the front desk staff offer to locate a bellhop. However, had we known to proceed to the parking garage originally, we learned there would have been a bellhop readily available. The hotel is equipped with multiple elevators so we never waited more than a minute for an elevator which is excellent for a large hotel. The room was very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. The television remote was missing from our room, but within minutes of contacting the front desk, one was delivered to our room. The bathroom was a bit small, but well stocked with fresh linens, etc. The view from our room was excellent. The hotel has an excellent security staff which is a consideration when staying as a family. We will definitely stay here again when visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nanette L
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear TexasTravel201313, it's great to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to review your family's recent stay here at the New Orleans Marriott. We're delighted to know that everyone had a positive experience and that you felt you received a great value. We pride ourselves on creating an inviting environment for guests of all kinds, from couples to families to business travelers.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of assistance you encountered upon first arriving at the hotel. We know how important first impressions are, and such a lapse in service is incredibly uncharacteristic of our staff. The responsibility is ours and we promise to do better next time.

Speaking of next time, we look forward to hosting you again soon. There's so much to see and do in New Orleans, and we'd love the opportunity to help you discover it all.

Robert Bray

New Orleans Marriott

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our family of five stayed in two rooms here for three nights over Thanksgiving. We were on the 16th floor in the River Tower. The view of the French Quarter and Mississippi River were fantastic, and the hotel's location is perfect. Short walk to Bourbon St, the French Market, great restaurants, etc., etc. The lobby is nice, with plenty of comfortable seating, a café and a Starbucks. Front desk staff were friendly and eager to recommend good restaurants. Unfortunately, our rooms were disappointing. On the small side, and the bathroom ceiling was probably barely over 6ft high, and tiny. Also no mini fridge in our rooms. $35/night for parking is also robbery, in my opinion, but that's about par for the heart of NOLA. Nearby surface lots were $25-27 per night, so we just left our car in the hotel garage.
I'll give the hotel a 3 rating for the location and reasonable price, but the rooms (at least ours) are about a decade overdue for remodeling.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tad L
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Tad L, thanks for taking the time to review your family's recent stay over the holiday weekend. With decorations starting to pop up around town and events of all kinds on the calendar, there's never been a better time than now to visit New Orleans.

It sounds like there was a lot to love about your stay, like the stunning 16th-floor river views and central location of the hotel. As you noted, our staff is always happy to make a recommendation for the restaurant or activity. With so much within walking distance, there are certainly plenty of options. All that said, I'm sorry to hear that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. We appreciate your honesty and will take your feedback into consideration as we make future improvements. If there's anything else we can do at this time, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kori Johnson