“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the NO Marriott and it was very nice! The hotel staff was friendly and nice - not to mention the excellent valet drivers! Class A acts! Great location to the French Quarter which is directly across the street. We loved everything about the hotel. The Hurricanes served in the lobby bar were OFF THE CHAIN! The only thing that needs improving is the hot water - it was cold by the time the second person took a shower.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear MsEvette, thanks for joining us and taking the time to share the specifics of your visit. From our outstanding staff and on-site amenities, to the close proximity to New Orleans' favorite attractions, we aim to deliver a first-class experience. And the fact that our talented bartenders can mix a truly tasty cocktail is a nice, little bonus for all of our guests.

I assure you that the water temperature issue you encountered is not typical of a visit to the Marriott. We will make sure everything is functioning at full capacity by your next stay. Should you run into any issues in the future, please contact us as soon as possible so we can make the necessary adjustments and ensure your comfort.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your glowing review and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

New Orleans Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Bend, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great location, walking distance to the convention center as well as Bourbon St. The housekeeping staff were extremely accomodating to late sleep-ins. Decent sized workout area with multiple machines aerobic and weight machines, as well as some free weights. Lobby bar is great place to start or end an evening, good food and service. This will be our new base of operations whenever we are in NOLA.

Room Tip: Higher the better to get a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken R
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Aside from the problems in the subject line, this hotel was mediocre!

I stayed at the hotel for a recent conference and was struck by how small the rooms were, how tired the furniture in them was and how pathetic the internet service was. The internet frequently cut in and out making things like emailing and using the internet for work nearly impossible. I could not connect to work servers or have documents emailed to me. And the best part is that they charged $15/day for the privilege! And for nearly $275/night for the room itself!

My favorite morning had to be Wednesday when the hot water went out in my room. The hotel was apologetic and they were nice enough to offer me a $10 gift card to Starbucks for my trouble. I handed them back their pathetic trinket and demanded a refund for the day. We settled on 50% off. When the hot water did finally come back, the water pressure was such that getting all of the shampoo out of my hair was an exercise in frustration. I would have been better served by washing my hair under the little sink in the bathroom. Maybe this is why New Orleans has that funky smell - all of the guests at the Marriott can't properly bathe given the shower conditions.

If I ever have to return to this hotel for a conference you can be guaranteed that I will stay someplace else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim S
I'm shocked and disappointed to hear about your visit with us. Please know that we take our guests concerns very seriously, and I am looking into each of these issues. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the quality of your room. We always encourage guests to contact the front desk with any such concerns and we do our best to accommodate any changes. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority and lack of hot water is unacceptable. I appreciate you making the decision to stay with us for your business travel. It is my hope that you'll chose to stay with us again someday, so that we can change your mind about out hotel.

Corona, California
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is in the heart of canal street, close enough to cafe du mon & other attractions. However, the room is very small & very outdated. Your lucky if you get a river view because there always sold out. They have two pools, fitness room, FedEx, Starbucks, & a gift shop.

• Stayed November 2013
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review of your recent stay and some of the details about our property. While I'm pleased to hear that you made good use of our central location and on-property amenities, I'm disappointed that you were not entirely pleased with your guest room. It's our goal to provide comfortable and well-appointed rooms with the quality service that guests expect from a Marriott experience. We always recommend that guests book as early as possible and let our staff know about any preferences regarding their room. We do our best to accommodate any and all requests. I'd love the opportunity to welcome you back for your next New Orleans getaway. If there is anything we can do to earn your repeat business, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Robert Bray

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I just spent four wonderful nights here at the Marriott New Orleans on the southern corner of the French Quarter. The service hotel staff was splendid, attentive, and professional. We were upgraded to a two room city view suite on the 30th floor of the River Tower. This building is 40 floors and overlooks the adjoining Quarter Tower, which is 20 floors and houses the concierges' lounge. (As an older property, there are no 13th floors.) We were appreciative of the extra space as the standard rooms are rather on the small side. The second room was actually a spacious meeting/entertaining space with a Murphy bed and we spent most of our room time there. The only downside was that we awoke each morning to what faintly sounded like a power washer on sheet metal. We have no idea what was causing it. This was the week that they switched from the old Bath and Body Works line to the new Thann products. The staff at the concierges' desk were incredibly helpful with recommendations for dining, entertainment, and activities throughout our stay. The lobby and open areas have been recently updated and the central bar was always filled will lively activity. However, this is not a place one stays for the hotel experience but for all that the engaging French Quarter of the Crescent City has to offer - incredible dining, enchanting music, charming shops, history, and of course the beignets at Cafe' du Monde!

Room Tip: If you stay in the River Tower, request a higher room as the lower ones will simply look across the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

When I saw this hotel on my schedule I thought great I've stayed here before, well it was 2 decades ago anyway the lobby was nice but after getting into my room I knew something was wrong, it was quite smaller than I remember but I thought hey I just got what they had left, we'll let me tell you my issues .1 Dirty bathroom yes dirty I had to clean it before using it. .2 no one picked up at the front desk even after being transferred there twice I eventually had to got down. 3. No laundry bags why? 4. House keeping knocking at 8:10am which is the last thing you want to hear after a late night. Not what I remember.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am shocked to hear about your recent experience at the New Orleans Marriott. I'd like to assure you that we take your concerns very seriously and this is not the caliber of service we expect from our staff. I plan to look into the issues you had with your room and the service at the front desk. Please reach out directly if you'd like to discuss your stay in greater detail. I hope you'll stay with us again someday so that we can change your mind about our hotel.

Robert Bray

Kansas City
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a giant, convention oriented hotel. The guest room furnishings are tired and old. Desperately in need of an update. But the room was clean and smelled good. The bed is very comfortable with good pillows. One weird thing about the bed - it has a topper that slides around. When I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, I slid right off the bed and onto the floor! A surprise. But the hotel is too big to give good service. Long lines to check in and then to get on the elevator. Extremely average food from room service. Waited over an hour to have a package delivered when I finally had to give up to attend a meeting. This hotel is resting on its location and the convention traffic. I've been to massive conventions at other hotels that were much nicer with a better guest experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your review of our recent stay, and joining us for your business travel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of your room and the central location. However, I'm disappointed that you felt your stay was sub-par overall. While we certainly cater to many guests, we make a point of providing personal service and all the comforts of a more intimate space.

We'd love to be able to welcome you back for a return visit, to show you the Marriott caliber service and quality you've come to expect. Please feel free to reach out directly if there is anything I can do to be of service.