New Orleans Marriott
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$372
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$344
$299
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$338
$287
Omni Hotels
$269
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$394
$223
$356
$299
$319
$265
3,722 results
All reviewsm clubcanal streetfloor numbergreat locationfrench quarterthe concierge loungebusy hotelriver viewcorner roomlarge hotellobby barhigh floorwithin walking distancebeignetsharrah's casinomardi grasvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was attending a conference in New Orleans and decided to bring my mom along. We stayed a total of 5 days and were pretty satisfied with our stay here.

Service: Service here is excellent! The moment you walk into the door, there is someone that is there to help. What i love about their service is not only are they willing to answer your question, but they'll give you tips and recommendations as well. Staff was well informed about the conference and shuttles that were operating and ready to answer any questions I had.

Location: the location was perfect - right on the main street canal street with the french quarter behind our hotel. Almost everything was within walking distance (including the conference center) and anything that wasn't walking distance is accessible through the trolley.

Rooms: Rooms were a little on the smaller side, but for the most part, that seems to be the trend for any room you get in NOLA - you don't really see huge modern hotels like in vegas, more older, renovated, classic hotel, so this wasn't too much of a bother for me. We upgraded to a river view and it was wonderful! We had a view of the french quarter and the mississippi and could see the steamboat natchez take off from our window. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the TV service -- every now and then the channels would be unclear, but considering that we weren't in the room too much to watch tv, It wasn't something i felt the need to complain about.

Food:
We had brunch at the "5 fifty 5 restaurant" in the lobby. The mimosas and the food was delicious. They offered made to order omelettes, eggs, sausage, bacon biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, grits, beignets, muffins, toast, cereal, etc. It was delicious. Our server Jewel was extremely helpful and even gave us guides and cookbooks when we left.

I think you definitely get value for your money at the Marriott New Orleans. I would definitely stay here again when i come back to visit.

Room Tip: upgrade to a river view room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank charmaine f
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thanks for sharing your great review---I love all your tips and tricks for the hotel! It's a pleasure to be able to support out guests business and leisure travel needs. You said it best, "the location was perfect." All the best New Orleans sites are easily accessible from our hotel and our team is always happy to offer directions and transportation. A room with a view simply cannot be beat, especially in New Orleans, and we're glad you were able to make yourself comfortable and enjoy all the amenities in your guest room. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff. Everyone we hire has a passion for the hospitality and New Orleans--they love to share all their favorite things around town. Finally, 5 Fifty 5 is always one of my recommended dining spots as a delicious breakfast is a great way to start the day. Next time, be sure to pop in for an after dinner cocktail; one of our specialties!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I hope to be able to welcome you back for your next Big Easy visit.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! Hotel staff is wonderful and really knows how to treat its guests! Rooms are very nice and often offer a great view of the French quarter and canal street. The hotel is only a few blocks from bourbon street and is located right on the end of the French quarter on the Main Street called canal. We stayed here for Mardi gras and the rooms offer wonderful views of the parades if you ask for a canal view room. Despite it being mardi gras we didn't hear anyone at night the rooms and windows are very sound proof. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel in the heart of it all. What a awesome history rich city.. I love Nola!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelPro419
Reviewed November 2, 2013

It's a Marriott in the middle of a city. Rooms are on the smaller side, but clean. It was extremely packed due to several conferences going on, but NOLA is a conference city. You can't beat the location, however. Close enough to Bourbon Street and the French Quarter so you can easily walk, but far enough away you don't get all the noise. The Halloween parade went right by the hotel on Canal street, so that was fun.

The exercise rooms were really nice and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The beds were some of the most comfortable ever. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just got back from staying at this hotel in NOLA and was not as impressed with this hotel and most people were.
We got a great deal on Priceline so we went ahead and booked it because it was cheap - but overall, not a place I would stay going back.

It's so big, crowded, loud, and there's no free WIFI in your rooms. That's suprised me because most hotels now offer this service at no additional charge.

Our room was smelly and extremely small and cramped. We had to wait sometimes 15min for the elevator to come up to take us down to the main floor. We were on level 14 so it wouldn't have been ideal to have walked down 14 flights of stairs.

Overall, I prefer the true boutique type hotels that New Orleans has to offer with less craziness and minus the $36.00 a night for valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear SpanishGal77, thanks for sharing your recent experience. On behalf of everyone here at the New Orleans Marriott, I'd like to offer our sincerest apologies for what sounds like a disappointing experience. Our guests' overall comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us, which is why we're always willing to go the extra mile to improve a stay.

I have no doubts that a return stay would reveal the warm, friendly, and comfortable hotel that you've read all about in guest reviews. I hope you'll give us another chance to earn back your trust. If there's anything you'd like to discuss in further detail, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Robert Bray

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Convenient to everything, but far enough away to be quiet. Friendly staff, nice large rooms with great views of the city. Large bar, nice pool, good service! Starbucks and a nice gift shop in the lobby. Just a short walk to where all of the action is!

Room Tip: I like the higher floors, preferably a corner room with great views of the city!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business