“Great for Business”

New Orleans Marriott
Ranked #74 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting last week. The rooms were nicely updated, clean and I had a great river view. For the meeting, the staff was prompt, food was of good quality and service was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a business meeting.

I did not use workout facilities as I took the opportunity of 70 degree weather to run outside. The pool area appeared as if it is shaded much of the day. No hot tub or spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wasn't crazy about New Orleans, but our hotel was wonderful. I've never had such great service. If you asked a question about weather, venues, or directions from anyone from the bell boy, desk worker or bartender, you got like everything you would ever want to know. They almost walked you there. Our room and hotel in general was very very clean and you couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and its in a good location. Just a few minute walk from the French Quarter. The hotel is older but I guess that is to be expected since it is an old city. The bathroom seemed small and I wish there would have been a fan/vent in the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first trip to NOLA, and it was extremely memorable! We booked this hotel for 3 nights with airfare through Bookit- it was a GREAT deal!
We got the shuttle from the airport, and upon arrival, our bags were held at the concierge, and the lobby was buzzing with activity. I think there were 2 or 3 weddings, and of course a few bachelor and bachelorette parties. Hubby and I were visiting for some well deserved R&R, and of course the good food!
Once we could get checked in, we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a king suite! Thinking it would be a little larger room, we were doubly surprised when we received 2 keys- one for our bedroom, and one for our living room! Walking into the room- we were on a 20+ floor- the view of the river was amazing! Not only did we have a nice king bed with a sofa and full bath, but the adjoining room had a full sofa, king size wall bed, 8 person dining table, kitchenette, and second full bath- and this room had a corner view of the river!
The staff was extremely helpful in recommending places to visit and eat. I was also pleased with the cleaning staff. One day we came back to the room while they were still cleaning, and as we tried to walk into our room, she stopped us and asked for our key to make sure it was our room. This little security measure impressed me, and I am glad she was looking out for our personal belongings.
This hotel allowed us to easily walk to Bourbon Street, the Riverwalk, Casino and the trolley through the Garden District.
I will definitely stay at this location on my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view- and if you can get a corner suite, the sunrises are beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay B
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Lindsay B, thanks for your review. We're so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time at the New Orleans Marriott. We always love to host travelers on their first visit to the Big Easy, because our central location makes it easy to access the city's finest sights.

It sounds like we had a fairly full house during your stay, but as you found, we're well equipped to handle crowds of any size--and will provide complimentary room upgrades whenever possible! The views from our upper floors are one-of-a-kind, and we'll do our best to give you another fantastic vantage point next time you visit.

If there's anything I can do to help plan a future trip filled with plenty more R&R and good food, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
New Orleans Marriott

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The real plus about this property is the excellent location, which is walkable to anything you'd want to see in the French Quarter.

The hotel charges $35 plus tax per night for parking, which seems high when compared to other hotels and other parking options in the area.

The room for the most part was acceptable but small. On our final morning the ceiling tile above our shower was clearly full of water and started dripping on our heads.

One major annoyance was the elevator beeping anytime someone entered their floor number. If you get a room near the elevator you will definitely hear this as it sounds like an alarm clock. I recommend asking for a room as far from the elevator as possible.

Overall, this property's location overrides any negatives and we would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently spent several days and nights at this hotel for a conference. It is everything I look for in a business hotel - comfortable beds, quiet rooms and good location! Being right on the edge of the French Quarter makes it easy to get to all the fun places, yet you are away from the circus atmosphere of Bourbon Street.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for the view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had been wanting to visit this city for a few years and finally got the opportunity to do so - it was everything I imagined it to be. We had a great time!
A girlfriend of mine and I arrived on a Friday and stayed until the following Tuesday. We were supposed to return that Monday but our flight got cancelled due to inclement weather in NY. We were happy to stay the extra day and the Marriott had no problems accomodating us.
This property is true to the Marriott brand, the lobby is modern and well kept, the service was friendly and helpful from the bell hops to the concierge. Maid service was good, we had no complaints. The room and bathroom were nice, average sized, and clean. The beds were comfortable. It's conveniently located in the middle of everything - fast food restaurants, ihop, a CVS and Rite-Aid pharmacy, and Bourbon Street is two blocks away. Staying at this hotel you do not need a car or taxi to get around unless you're looking to leave the French Quarter altogether.
Bourbon Street was exactly how it's conveyed on television and the party runs all night long. We met lots of interesting people from all over the country. The food in NO is DELICIOUS! Very heavy though so you'll need a good cleanse when you return home. The drinks were also really good and the seafood in particular is outstanding!
We took a few sight-seeing tours on this trip that were easily made at the concierge. One was the Hurricane Katrina tour and the other was the Voodoo and Cemetary tour. Skip the Hurricane Katrina tour, it was long and boring and more like a neighborhood tour. I also felt rather awkard gawking at some of the residents. We would literally drive through certain neighborhoods and slow down in front of some of the homes of the residents and just stare at them - which there really wasn't much to see because for the most part there's no damage left and the homes have been restored. Best part about this tour is you're on an air conditioned minibus. I highly advise skipping this tour.
The Voodoo and Cemetary tour is about a 2.5 hour walking tour which was pretty interesting but seeing as how we took the tour in the middle of the day in June we were scorched! Bring lots of water to drink, you will need it.
On a whole, I enjoyed New Orleans and would certainly make a return trip. The Marriot, not the JW Marriott, would be my choice of stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends