“Location! and reasonably priced!”

Ranked #74 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here one night. Rooms are comfortable, staff is excellent. Beautiful pool. Location is close to Bourbon and French Quarter. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because we stayed at JW Marriott across Canal from this hotel and the accommodations were superior. Rate through Priceline was excellent for both hotels!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night while passing through. I wanted great location to park, see the sights and relax for a few hours while driving cross country.
Parking sucks, valet only, $35 night, they lost my keys and could not find my car for over 30 minutes. Keys were mismarked. It was suggested I took the car back out and used another receipt. Not possible as they take the ticket when you get your car!
Finally got the car. For $35 this is terrible service.
Furthermore I called at 0540 for baggage help, no answer on any number at the hotel. No answer front desk, no answer operator or baggage. Had to lug 4 huge bags myself. Not what i want to do in sweaty not July morning. I had no choice as for 5 minutes and many tries no answer on any phone.
Location great, service needs a refresher.

1  Thank MichaelF8
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here during the Essence Festival and it was great! The hotel is located a few blocks from Bourbon Street so you're right in the center of all of the action. There was DJ at the hotel during the day, so all we had to do was go down stairs if we wanted. The staff was very nice and professional. Although the hotel was VERY crowded because of the event, the check in and check out went smoothly. Since, check out was approximately four hours before our plane departure, we were able to leave our bags while we ate and shopped for souvenirs. I'll definitely stay here for all of my New Orleans visits.

1  Thank njs00
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for Essence Fest and the location was perfect! Breakfast everyday was awesome and the women making the omelettes were great! They had happy hour with a DJ in the lobby so it was the perfect pre-party location! We definitely be back when I visit

4  Thank Tamika M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we travel to New Orleans, we usually try to stay away from large hotel chains, but this was very enjoyable! We slept well even though the beds were a little small. The location is great. The food in the lobby bar was really good. My only complaint is that it was pretty loud in the lobby, but there was a lot of traffic each time we came through, so I guess that is to be expected. If traveling with a large group, I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm not sure where to start because I was so disappointed with this hotel. 3 stars is very generous, and I'm only giving it 3 stars because of service and the location (on Canal and a few short blocks from tourist attractions and French quarters) were very good.

I was in New Orleans over the July 4th weekend with my husband and two children, ages 5 and 16. We arrive at the hotel and walk into this beautiful lobby area. However, the rooms were SMALL and comparable to a Motel 6. The head boards were nailed to the wall. Seriously!! The bathrooms were so small that I could reach out and touch the bathroom door while using the bathroom. I was seriously expecting someone to jump out of the closet and inform me that I was being punked!

The hotel was extremely busy due to a music festival and we were prepared for that. What we were not prepared for was "Club Marriott" Full on club in the hotel lobby. Complete with DJ!!Try explaining half naked women and lewd dancing to a 5 year old. It appeared the hotel management had no interest in getting this under control.

The pool was nice and mostly quiet and the restaurant in the hotel was decent. The breakfast buffet was actually excellent. The concierge, valets and front desk staff were very attentive and helpful (they save this review from being "terrible")

I can't recommend this hotel...for the rates you can stay in a much nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelinglady01
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Travelinglady01, I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Though our beautiful lobby is typically a hub of activity, as guests come and go, during the weekend of your stay the Essence Music Festival was taking place in the entire New Orleans market. My hope is that the increased traffic didn't interfere with your plans. We do our best to maintain a consistent level of service no matter how busy we are, however I want to assure you that we understand your concerns and appreciate your comments. All of our guests are important and we never want them to feel uncomfortable.

It sounds as though there were a few bright spots, including our service, restaurants, and pool area. Our breakfast buffet, which you mentioned, is a guest favorite. There's no better way to start your day than with a fresh, well-balanced meal. Hopefully your next stay is a bit more balanced as well. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Robert Bray

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel always makes you feel important. The staff is very professional and kind. Great place to stay. Rooms are clean and the beds are to die for! Close walking distance to the French Quarter, French Market, Cafe Du Monde, WWII museum,and so much more. My business was a convention which they have hosted for at least 15 years. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby!

Room Tip: Rooms on the riverside give you a clear view of the river traffic. It's beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear sbspeyer, I'm glad to hear you had a good time here at the New Orleans Marriott. Your first sentence says it all! Our guests are the most important part of the entire equation, and we'll move mountains to make sure they leave happy. Having a Starbucks conveniently located in the lobby certainly helps our cause.

We're so glad you've made a home away from home at our hotel; it's a position we don't take lightly. If there's one thing we've learned, it's that no two trips to New Orleans are ever the same. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay that much more special.

Kori Johnson