“A good nights rest”

Ranked #72 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Melbourne, Australia
“A good nights rest”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room was clean and spacious and I must say I slept very well here, the beds and pillows were quite comfortable. The only critique would be for the bathroom, it really needed a proper extraction fan, everything got a bit damp in there.

The location is great, right on the French Quarter and short walk to all the tourist sites.

Room Tip: Our room down the end of the hallway was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank landersonic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed from 05/31-06/04/2013. Overall fantastic stay, staff is very responsive and quick to assist.
We had an air conditioning leak in our room and were accommodated for a relocation same day. Great location, wonderful little cafe called Jimmy J's right across the street on Chartres (use parking lot exit at far left corner of lobby). Easy walk to all attractions and the St. Charles Street Car.

Lovely to have a pool on the property, we managed to use it a few times.

Most amusing thing was to watch people clearly on business in the area have to share the elevator with people completely drunk. Ah, Nola.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: High floor is nice. All rooms are quiet. Rooms that face the pool have floor to ceiling glass...no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kori J, Resident Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear yaltachick, those last two words just made our day. There's nothing better than when a guest leaves with a smile on their face and can't wait to tell the wold about their experience. I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orleans Marriott; I sincerely hope you had the time of your life here in the Big Easy. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to relocate, but I'm glad that things were taken care of quickly.

I hope you return soon, because as I'm sure you know, no two visits to New Orleans are ever the same. If there's anything I can do to help plan a great trip, just let me know.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, great location. Real value for money. The room was spacious, quiet considering the large number of guests staying at the hotel. The information desk staff were very friendly and gave best advice on what to do in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Central location, easy walk to Bourbon street, 15 minute walk to convention center. For a Marriott hotel was disappointed. The hotel is in need of a refresh. My first room- which was to have been an upgrade, was a small corner suite near a service elevator - which was noisy. Ordered room service- Cheeseburger and fries. It was inedible. The french fries were not cooked, they were cold and soggy, the hamburger was dry, no flavor, the bun stale - like it had been sitting out for a week. I called to complain and was told I would not be charged, but it was on my final bill. The room had a musty smell I was transferred to another room with city view., This room was more spacious. The mattress and bedding were comfortable. There is a fee for parking, fee for internet access, the restaurants are over priced. Another travel companion saw two mice in her room, complained and was transferred. That night we found out our co-worker who checked in later was given her room- I don't think they had time to catch the mice before checking him in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kori J, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear LGoehle, your feedback is very troubling, and I hope we can speak in greater detail about these issues. While I'm glad that we were able to find you satisfactory accommodations with a city-view room, it sounds like there were numerous shortcomings uncharacteristic of the New Orleans Marriott and the Marriott brand. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience so that we can begin to to make things right. We're committed to your comfort and satisfaction, and I'll personally see to it that the appropriate changes are made. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Robert Bray

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend... huge lobby with helpful and friendly staff (reception, bellhops, bar...). However the room seemed a bit outdated, as well as the bathroom. For some reason, we didn't get a visit from housekeeping so didn't get our room cleaned. We had to pop outside and ask for new towels.
Aside from that, it all seemed fine and people appeared to enjoy the pool outside. Was also very conveniently located downtown close to all the major attractions. It did the job!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank niciwiki
Dear niciwiki, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent weekend stay. It sounds like things went well for the most part, but that we could have done more to make it great. That's why we appreciate any and all feedback; we can make the necessary adjustments so that next time you visit, everything is perfect. You can always count on our service to be prompt and helpful, and I can assure you that housekeeping won't be an issue in the future. You should feel confident in your decision to stay at a Marriott property, and we'll do everything in our power to earn that trust. Feel free to contact me directly if you ever need assistance planning a stay.

Kori Johnson

Resident Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went to the Marriott in New Orleans on 555Canal Street for a conference from May 12-20.The room is pretty standard with 2 beds (nice bed with good duvet and sheet). They will offer you an upgrade when you check in. $20 bucks for a larger room with a view of the river. I stayed with the standard room. You have to keep your air conditioning on otherwise the room becomes damp and musky... They will constantly set your temperature to 65degrees (A bit cold for me...), my collegues had there larger rooms set to 60degrees (freezing!).
This hotel is massive with 2 large towers (River tower the bigger of the two). There was no fridge or safe in the room. If this is important to you, you may want to opt for an upgrade. The cleaning staff tended to do our room later in the afternoon and one day we didn't get it cleaned as we were back in the room by 1:30pm and it hadn't been cleaned yet.
The pool is nice - 2 pools, one is about 5.6-8 feet deep, the second pool is about 3.6feet (up to one's waist). The unfortunate thing about the pool is that the River tower completely blocks the sun until about 12:30-1pm! So if you want to tan you only have between 1-4:30 to do so...
There is also a starbucks in the hotel. It is about 3 blocks from Bourbon street, so it's close to walk,but far enough from the craziness! about 3 blocks in the other direction is a small mall for shopping and a casino. All in all a great location! People were also very nice at the hotel! Everyone says hello or good morning (southern hospitality and all!). I would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great location in downtown that is within walking distance of all the major attractions. From our arrival to the time we departed, we were very happy with all the services we received. Drew, at the front desk was very accomodating to give us free upgrade to a suite since it was our 17th wedding anniversary. The valet parking only took about 8 minutes to retrieve our vehicle on departure even though they were extremely busy. This hotel provided all the comfort and details we needed and cannot wait until we return and we also felt very safe and secure in the area. This will be our hotel of choice in New Orleans.

Room Tip: The higher you get on the floors,the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen R, congratulations on your 17th anniversary! We're honored that you chose to spend such a special occasion at the New Orleans Marriott. Becoming your "hotel of choice" is also a great honor, and one that we won't take lightly. No matter when you visit, and no matter how full the hotel is, we aim to provide consistent, prompt service. From the valet, to room service, to concierge recommendations, it's all about you. I hope you'll return again next year to celebrate another anniversary, but I won't blame you if you can't wait that long. If there's anything I can do to be of assistance, just let me know.

Robert Bray