“Good location, good service”

New Orleans Marriott
Ranked #73 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent 4 nights here. Very clean rooms, great location (just a short walk from Bourbon). Nice elevator system. Housekeeping was fantastic as well. We did stay up on the 34th floor, I think that did help keep some of the city noise at bay. I would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,609)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for work this week. Its in a good location. A short walk from Bourbon Street or the Casino. The rooms are pretty average to small. They have a great elevator system that every hotel should adopt.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank worldclasstvr
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Its a large hotel and check-in took some time. That was the only downside we experienced. Otherwise the service was very good and the receptionist spent time working with us to select the best combination of rooms and work through the possible upgrade options.

We ended up in two rooms with connecting doors and two doubles in each. The beds were a little soft for me but I sleep on an extra firm at home. The rooms are comfortable but not overly spacious. However, air conditioning is great, TV is large and plenty of channels and the bathroom is what you would expect.

The internet was free in the lobby so we did all our work there and so did a lot of the other guests. The lobby is large and very well planned with sofas and tables and large screen TV showing the latest sports games. This made for a really nice community feel and we were so comfortable hanging out here. The waitresses here were extremely friendly and so comforting. They didn't mind in the least when you just sat and did your own thing. When we did order food and drinks, they were very well made and large food portions. I must say this was my best part of the hotel.

We didn't use the pool but saw it and it is well done and inviting.

Location was excellent. Just on the edge of the French Quarters but away enough from the noise and unsavory street walkers.The security and outside staff were very good and making their presence known and creating a friendly but safe welcome.

I recommend this very highly and will certainly make this my hotel of choice from here on (did I mention this was my third visit to NO)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 2 nights there on business. Very convenient to the French Quarter - the hotel is located right on the edge of the quarter so you can be on Bourbon Street, etc within minutes. I was upgraded to a corner room overlooking the river. I've stayed in hotels in the French Quarter before and they tend to be old and not so charming. This was at least fairly modern, although the room was small to the point it was difficult to get to the door as the chair & desk got in the way. The staff were very friendly and went out of the way to be accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a view of the river - stay away from the offer of a room with a murphy be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a typical Marriott, decent room, comfortable bed, adequate TV and bathroom. There is valet parking for $35.00 for with no option to park yourself which is expected in this area. I have noticed several complaints about the valet service. I would recommend checking in before dropping your vehicle off with the valet. I would also suggest you request you vehicle far in advance to ensure you don't have to wait. I was surprised the service here from the valet to the front desk was not up to par of the typical Marriott. I would recommend staying elsewhere unless you get a great deal on the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First night on getting into bed found blood on the sheets. Room service were quick to reset the whole of the bed linen and was then offered $50 voucher in compensation. Having paid $450 for 3 nights we thought that was poor. More importantly how did it happen?
Last 24hrs no water available to wash with, clean teeth or shower due to probs with East side water supply. But staff were most reluctant to provide bottled water at reception, hiding supplies under counter so that guests were forced to ask staff for water rather than they be supplying it in abundance. On checking out no offer of compensation to any of the sweaty unwashed guests - poor service and PR. Reception staff always difficult to find - 4 desks rarely manned by two, more often by one receptionist. Restaurant meal good but very slow seemed understaffed.
Situated in great location. Elevator system the best we have yet encountered. No safe or fridge in room. Parking is too expensive. Overall 3 out of 10. Will try elsewhere when next in NO.

Room Tip: Do not be conned into paying $20 extra for a French Quarter view and upgrade room as we were offered...
1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and it is fine. I used to think it was pretty nice but now it is just above average. It is missing the little things that make a stay outstanding. The rooms are showing their age. My specific complaints are that for that price ($500 for 2 nights) there should be a safe in the room, and seriously, they need to use laundry softener. The towels were rough. Our TV had a problem so reception was lost every five minutes so I had to tighten the connection. Other than that, we love the location, the service is very accommodating, and the beds are comfortable.