New Orleans Marriott
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
$238
$209
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$138
$102
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
$248
$209
3,749 results
All reviewsm clubcanal streetfloor numbergreat locationfrench quarterthe concierge loungebusy hotelriver viewcorner roomlarge hotellobby barhigh floorwithin walking distancebeignetsharrah's casinomardi grasvalet parking
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at this Marriott. I was here on a mix of business and pleasure. Short ride to the convention center and within walking distance of many things. It's at the edge of the French Quarter. Just far enough away from the madness but close enough to walk in and enjoy the shops and wonderful restaurants. It's also a 9 block walk to the World War II museum, which I HIGHLY recommend. There is a CVS Pharmacy just 1-1/2 blocks away, and there is a nice shopping mall with higher end stores two blocks in the opposite direction.There was a Starbucks in the lobby plus a small gift shop for drinks/snacks. The only food I ate here during my stay was room service one evening, and I was pleasantly surprised. My expectations for room service food are usually very low, but the shrimp BLT I ordered was very good and the fries were nice and crispy. The room is a bit on the small side, and the bathroom is small. It was fine for me since I was by myself, but it would be tough with an entire family. No mini bar in the room. Towels were rough, but the Bath & Body Works toiletries were a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfy. The streetcar passes right out front of the hotel, but it was down right now due to construction/repairs. Taxi was very easy to get. Staff was fantastic. Concierge was very helpful and gave me a map with routes to get where I wanted to go. Bell staff and front door staff were excellent, as was the gentleman who brought my room service. They were all so friendly and seemed to be genuinely happy I was there and interested in making my stay as comfortable as possible. On a future visit, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was here for WEFTEC and stayed two nights. I am a Platinum member of Marriott and extremely loyal to Marriott. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars.

Check in was a breeze. I was assigned a room on the 33rd floor with a city view in the taller tower.

As a platinum member I get free Wifi and access to the club lounge. Unfortunately, the club lounge is in the other tower which made it somewhat inconvenient. My welcome amenity of snacks with choice of beverage was delivered in a timely fashion.

I stopped by the club lounge. They had jambalaya and gumbo in the lounge. Nice local touch to the offering. Quality of "local" food was pretty good for hotel food. Lounge has a great view of Bourbon Street.

The bathroom is extremely small. Not sure if there is anything Marriott can do here. The hotel is an older hotel and in the past this smaller bathroom would be okay. Not much room between the tub, toilet, and the vanity. There is also a dropped ceiling in the bathroom that also makes it smaller. Bathroom was clean and stocked with Bath & Body Works amenities. Yes, it does steam up in the bathroom. There is a small fan that is constantly running but not sure if this is enough. I see this with all the Marriotts that I stay at. Yes, the towels were rough. Rougher than usual.

I came back after an evening on Bourbon Street. I didnt get dinner so I ordered room service. I ordered a Marriott burger medium. It was delivered to my room in less than 45 minutes. Service was with a smile. The lady was extremely friendly and made me very welcome. Nothing is more depressing than eating room service dinner while on the road by myself. But the cheerfulness of the lady made it easier for me to continue doing my work and enjoy my burger. The burger was cooked to medium just like I asked and the fries still crispy.

Now the room is a little small. I was working on my desk and there was not much room for the room service food. The small side table next to the chair was occuppied with the coffee maker. I need to make room on the desk for my food. I think Marriott could do something here. There was this completely empty space between the TV and the closet that might help alleviate this problem.

The bed and pillows were all very comfortable. The water pressure was good and I did not experience any problems with the hot water.

The lobby is extremley busy. Lots of people watching the Saints lose to the Packers on Sunday. Also, lots of convention people congregating and networking in the lobby bar the remaining evenings.

So the reason for the 4-stars is the staff. Front Desk staff very welcoming and helpful. Their cheerfulness and smile helps a solo business traveler like me a lot. Room service delivery staff had the same cheerfulness and smile.

Staff in the club lounge was also excellent during my stay. Breakfast was extremely busy in the morning but the staff was excellent. Keeping the food stocked and clearing tables as soon as people left. All this service with a smile.

Doorman staff were also excellent. Saying "welcome back" after a long day at the convention. The staff had a genuine appreciation of me staying here.

I stay at Marriotts a lot and I can say that this is the best staff that I have experienced. Its an older hotel that has been updated but there are just somethings you cannot change in an older building. They do need to change the towels which were rougher than usual.

1  Thank alexsndiego
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a typical Marriott experience. Nice room, comfortable bed, adequate TV and bathroom. Fitnes center is nice and the lobby area is well decorated. The Conference facilities in the hotel are very good with good food, meeting rooms and service. I would recommend this facility for a large corporate meeting.

The location is very convenient to the convention center, Bourbon Street, Old Town etc...all a short walk.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Attended a recent PCIC Conference here. Conference and organisation by the Marriott staff was very good and well executed.
Unfortunately it's not the best place to stay. My first allocated roon was of stationary cupboard size and was advised no other standard rooms were availble but a "room with a view" was but at $20 a day suppliment. The room was indeed larger and on the 26 floor but the view left something to be disired as it was over looking poorly maintained and rubbish littered rooftops.
The lift system is odd and took up to 20mins one veneing at 6pm to get from the 26th floor to th 2ndfloor.

The bed was extremely comfy. The bathroom inadequate for what is an upscale hotel. Tiny with a shower over a very small bath. No slip mat or slip proof surface. Very dangerous. The roof was extremely low and the bathroom filled with steam when the hot water finally pulled through. Towels were harsh and extremely small.

No safe or minibar but two bottles of warm Voss water at $4.00 each. Wouldn't return here out of choice. Close to Bourbon Street but also has a wiff of "drug dealing" in the road/alley between the Marriott and Arbys on the next corner of the block.

Room Tip: Check your allocated room prior to paying and make sure you are away from the lifts and vending areas.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

In addition to what I wrote several days ago, my impression has not improved. Husband is here on business and had fedex'd a box of documents to the hotel and was charged $20 to retrieve them from the hotel lobby as fedex has taken over the hotel's business center and shipping (business center charges for computer use by the minute as well). Paid for internet, which kept losing our service and taking us back to the Marriott homepage. Also, the tv was flakey the whole time we were here (cannot even turn it on this morning) and lost tv reception repeatedly (10+ times) yesterday when trying to watching an NFL game. Frustrating stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business