“Nice Hotel BIG, Great Location.”

New Orleans Marriott
Ranked #74 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We just wanted a nice place to stay in the French Quarter and booked this 4 star hotel for just that. We liked everything about the room except the bathroom. The tub/shower was small and the plumbing need to be updated. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Taxi to the French Quarter $33 each way.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have to say, I have stayed in this hotel 3 times, for 4 days or more each stay. I have never seen the service that I have seen in the negative reviews. First, this is a very nice hotel in the French Quarter. You are going to pay a little extra. Get use to that. Other than that, The bellmen open the door when you get there, everyone smiles at you and make you feel welcome. They do everything in their power to accommodate your request.. If I run out of something like coffee, or need an extra towel, pillow whatever, they jump through hoops to help me out and never a scowl as some suggested. I don't love the $14.99 a day internet, and wrote about that in one of my previous reviews.. and I will give you that one, But the location is excellent, the view in all windows are beautiful. The rooms are all nice, and yes, I am going back here to the Marriott New Orleans again in October for 5 nights. I will write an honest review then too. I never had anything stolen from the valet, and never had anything rearranged. Sorry, I don't have Marriott stock or anything, but some of these reviews depicted a picture of the place that was not real. Email me if you want to know anything about it. If you are nice and call down to the front desk, they might even take a one night charge away for the internet or let you have a movie for free. This is real! Mattscards@aol.com

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank mattscards
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I've stayed at the New Orleans Marriott several times, both before and after its multimillion dollar renovations. The rooms are clean and comfortable, standard Marriott fare- not fancy, but perfectly acceptable for a business trip. The restaurants on site are pricey and the food is nothing out of the orginary, so you're better off venturing out on a short walk to one of the French Quarter's many dining establishments. It's very well located- far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street, but only a few minutes walk if that's your cup of tea. There always seem to be at least two conventions going on at the hotel at any one time, so the lobby and common areas are always hopping. For business travel, this is a great option, but I doubt I'd spend the money were it on my own dime.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was our first time at this hotel and we'll stay here again. We visit NOLA every couple of years and normally stay just outside the quarter. The location for this hotel is so convenient for both access to the French Quarter, and to catch the streetcar to go to the Garden District and Uptown. No car is needed.

The night auditor that checked us in at 2:30am (thanks to US Air) was pleasant and helpful and even offered an upgrade. All the staff we came in contact w/ during our 3 days smiled and said hello -something not so commonplace these days. Housekeeping service was great. Rooftop pool was ideal w/ the hot, humid days. Elevator system is a bit odd, but quick.

I wanted to write a review because our stay was so good. I was shocked to see how far down on the list it is for NOLA hotels. If you come across this one, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The room (on the 20th floor) was very nice. Checked for bedbugs - found none. Lots of pillows on the bed. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a decent sized counter. The shower has one of those huge rain type showerheads. This is like taking a shower in a really light rain - no force behind the spray.

Overall, decent, clean, responsive hotel staff, but nothing to make it exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed in this property for 4 nights and it's a very good choice if you want to be near French Quarter. The location is really great (only 2 ou 3 blocks from Bourbon street), with lot of shops, restaurants and supermarkets(CVS and Wallgreen's) at the front door. I found the area pretty safe, day and night.
The hotel is huge and in the lobby there's also a Starbucks, which is perfect. The hotel also has a pool, on the 5th floor.
The rooms aren't very up-to-date, it's true, but they have one of the most comfortable beds i've slept in! Great! My room, on the 12nd floor, had a good size and a huge window where you could see the Mississippi. The only negative point was that the room was a little noisy (I could not find due to what, but I guess it was the a/conditioned).
The staff is quite attentive and really nice, from the lobby to the maids and to the lady who was making the breakfast omolettes. You fell they are there to help you and make you feel at home.
The breakfast was good, not great, but the food/juices had good quality and were enough for me.
To sum up, this is an excellent hotel if you want to explore New Orleans French Quarter but also do some shopping in the nice shops nearby!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We Price Lined this hotel for $70 and thought the room was pretty. No free breakfast or internet here. The internet cost $14 or $15 per day. The parking cost $36.96 ($33 plus tax!) Outrageously expensive. We will Priceline a room in Metairie next time.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family