“A wonderful weekend with friends!”

Lamothe House Hotel
Ranked #24 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I just got back on Sunday night from staying 3 nights at the Lamothe House. I was there for my bachlorette party with a bunch of girlfriends. I wouldn't have changed a thing. From Christopher in the day, to Harlan at night, everyone was so accommodating and sweet. I highly recommend rooms 101 and 102, they were huge and spacious with extremely comfy beds. The pool was a perfect day spot to escape the heat. We were able to walk just about anywhere from this location which was great! The next time I get back to New Orleans, I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a spacious room, hit up 102 or 101.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brooke S
There are newer reviews for Lamothe House Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Lamothe House is a wonderful hotel just outside of some of the busiest areas of the French Quarter, and helped make a fantastic trip to New Orleans even better. Rooms were clean and air conditioned, beds were comfortable, and building itself is within walking distance to both the French Quarter as well as Frenchman Street. It also features a pool, which we took full advantage of in the New Orleans heat. Staff was friendly and accommodating, and handled our minor requests with aplomb. Our only complaint - that we only had two nights to stay in New Orleans. We plan to return, both to this wonderful city and this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is split between the old carriage house and a guest house across the road. The guest hous...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is the best place to stay. It's quite, right beside Frenchman street and 2 streets down from Burbon street. Also very close to a street car and the French market. The staff was vey nice and they have a great pool.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2014

A beautiful collection of rooms and gardens that provide a nice quiet escape from the French Quarter with secure, card-access parking for your vehicle. Located within walking distance of everything. The very well kept rooms are air-conditioned and located around a pool and hot tub (closed for cleaning/maintenance when I was there). Plenty of atmosphere in this old house with the modern features you want. I'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vincent V
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel used to be a Carriage house.... back in the day. It still has the old wood floors, stairs, etc. from the original building. There is a lot of history for this building as well. We stayed out in the 'guest buildings' which were behind the hotel, across another street. The building was updated and nice. The original wood floors were still in place on a 'pier and beam' structure with high ceilings. (The wood floors did squeak when walked on) To me, this was part of the 'old flavor' of this hotel and I quite enjoyed my stay here. The bathrooms were completely up to date and nice. The beds were quite comfortable as I not only slept on it a night, but an afternoon power nap to get myself prepared for what the night had to offer. Well worth the stay. I found the day time desk clerk as well as the hotel staff quite nice and accommodating, on a daily basis, when questions or requests were made. Will definitely make a point to stay here again, if possible, my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank William I
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was my wife & I first time staying here which she called & they told all about what they had there. Once we got there we had access being walking distance to anywhere we wanted to go, Jackson square, French quarter, you name it it was right there! and the rooms were large & very clean, quite surroundings. So will we stay there again, oh Ya!! please visit it there you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Pick the one off from the pool by itself, nice!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray W
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We loved staying at the Lamothe House. The hotel had character & history, with modern amenities. Our room had a jacuzzi and a HUGE bathroom. We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it looked awesome! The hotel is in a great location because there are a lot of bars and restaurants close by, but the side street is really quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple