“Great Place!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #84 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Le Pavillon is a beautiful hotel...no doubt about that. The decor is very elegant and there are extras that I've never seen at other hotels...shoe polish, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, hot chocolate & milk, and pb&j cookies, a card with the weather forecast, etc. However, I would have given up those extras to have had coffee in my room. It's free in the lobby but it's not available in the room. It was funny that the free coffee was located in front of the restaurant but it was not free 10 steps away in the restaurant. The pool area is beautiful but the pool is kind of small and when we were there, there was a religious convention going on (in New Orleans?) and there were a BUNCH of kids at the hotel...you couldn't get near the pool. Also, don't stay on the ninth floor because that is where you have to get off the elevator to walk up a flight of stairs to the pool and that floor is very noisy if there are a lot of kids like there were when I was there...our room happened to be the one next to the elevator. I think we had the absolute worst room in the hotel. Otherwise, the hotel is great and I'd stay there again... just not on the 9th floor.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cricket K
There are newer reviews for Le Pavillon Hotel

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had an early flight and expected to stow our bags and move on with our day but when we checked in at 930am, M said our room was ready. It was great to know that our bags were safe in our rooms. Wayne escorted us and even filled the ice bucket when we went to the room. We loved the location of the hotel, the CBD is far enough away from Bourbon so as not to be bothered by the noise but close enough to make an easy walk to see the french quarter. Lou the concierge had great information. And the doorman was super in coordinating shared rides to destinations farther away. We really enjoyed the peanut butter and jelly bar from 10-11pm, on Saturday there was Nutella, and the hot chocolate with freshly whipped cream was fantastic. We made a point to get there nearly every night. The rooftop pool with jacuzzi was lovely, we had happy hour up there several times, meeting other visitors and getting great dinner ideas from them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I am a former New Orleanian and come back frequently for business. I have always been fond of Le Pavillon and have stayed here on many occasions because it is close to the court house and I love having coffee in the beautiful grand dining room. The hotel rooms are a bit shabby , I had a dirty bathtub once, and the hotel is a few blocks from anywhere a tourist will want to go. My main complaint is, however, that I feel I was ripped off the last time I stayed there. I made the reservation the day I arrived and had a two night stay planned, but we finished early and I went to check out after the first night. Although it was very early afternoon, I was not allowed a late check out, but was instead charged for the second night ---because according to the manager, my delay in checking out prevented the room from being turned over. The hotel was not booked up on this Monday night, nor was I paying a reduced rate. Through unpleasant discussion with the manager, I was able to get the reduced to 1/2 of the room rate. However, I felt cheated and will not stay there ever again.

On top of that, I left my phone charger in the room. I called within 1 hour of leaving the hotel and the phone charger of course, was gone...

Bottome line is, I am sad to say, but I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Lori24
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My college friends and I had a mini-reunion in New Orleans for July 4th weekend. We were happy to get rooms next door to each other. I like more modern hotels, but the decor here was still very beautiful. Our problems began on the first evening when my friend pulled the comforter back as she was getting into her bed to take a nap. There was a HUGE round blood stain on the inside of the comforter. We called the front desk to tell them about the situation and asked that they send housekeeping up to our room to change both bed sheets and comforters. A VERY nice housekeeper came to replace the sheets and requested new comforters for both beds. We were supposed to get them the next morning. Of course, we didn't. While the housekeeeper was in the room, I noticed that the entire shower head (which was one of the larger ones) was completely covered in mildew. I asked her to look at it to confirm and she did. At this point I was completely annoyed. I called the front desk again and asked that a manager call our room. Someone named Justin, who I'm not sure is even a manager called to speak with us. He was so nonchalant about the bloody sheets that I was convinced this had happened before. The mold didn't seem much of a suprise at all. He offered to send the engineer up to change the showerhead. Ya think? I told him how disgusted we were with finding blood and mold on our first night in the hotel and he didn't seem to care much. A few minutes later he called back and offered us a bottle of alcohol. I don't know about anyone else, but drink didn't seem like much compensation for mold and bloody sheets in our hotel room. When I told him that we didn't drink, he offered us cheese and crackers. Really? I told him we weren't interested in that either. When the engineer came in to change the shower head with the smallest showerhead I'd ever seen in my life, he screamed upon entering the bathroom and seeing the mold. That's how bad it was. He couldn't believe it. The next evening, the lovely housekeeper from the evening before came back to check on us. When we told her that no one followed up with us or brought comforters, not only did she bring comforters to our room, but re-made our beds, which weren't made properly. Then brought us a few free bottle of water. When we received our bill on the last night, there were charges for liquor that we hadn't purchased in the minibar. Another annoyance. When we checked out, they gave us absolutely no problem with fixing the bill. I'm pretty sure they usually sneak these extra charges on their bills because there were two other guests in the lobby complaing of the same thing. When we asked to speak with a mgr about our ordeal, the woman that was checking us out said she was a mgr. When we explained to her all that happened, she responded, "oh I heard about that." I told her that it was unacceptable that no one even thought to call and check in with us throughout the rest of our 3 day stay. She stated, "you know, that's my fault. I was supposed to. I'm sorry, I didn't." This was one of the most expensive hotels I've ever stayed in and by far, the nastiest. The rooms and most of the staff just STUNK. Let me be specific... the concierage had a HORRIBLE attitude along with the front desk staff and manager. Please don't stay here. I don't care what it was rated, you can have a better stay elsewhere and spend less money. It was the ONLY unpleasant part of my first New Orleans experience. Another thing - don't buy into the pics of the hot tub and pool. They look NOTHING like the pictures. If you choose to risk staying here, you'll see that I'm not lying.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shaunte79
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is a gorgeous, boutique hotel that made me feel like I was in Europe again. I did not want to leave the hotel even for dinner. I enjoyed my room, it was cozy, homey, I felt like I was in a friend's living room rather than a hotel room. Everything was clean and comfortable. The gym had large windows, nice plasma TV screens, variety of equipment and weight machines. The breakfast was delicious. The hospitality was amazing, everyone was so friendly and helpful. It was wonderful experience. And best of all, it was affordable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Gracesmom_4
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Staffed not pleasant, informative, inviting or knowlegable. Management staffed not quick problem solvers or able to make sound decisions. I reserved a king non-smoking and was told they were not able to find my reservation and to have a seat in the lobby. After returning 30min later to say they have a large party going on and only have a double queen. So after going back and forth with the third party I booked with they called the hotel to try and get them to fill my reservation with no luck, I took the double queen because at the point it was already 8:30 p.m. After dinner and returning to my room is where I had the biggest disappointment, my room was an accessible room that you can tell was not used often. The shower curtain was full of black mold and mildew, the sink was clogged, the telephone did not work, the fridge was broken. I called the front desk from my cell phone to only be told to call back in the morning to talk to the front desk manager.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsTraveler39
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Le Pavillon is a truly a gem! It's a beautifully decorated historic hotel with very pleasant, helpful and accommodating staff--WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING THERE!! I surprised my husband with a trip to New Orleans for our 25th Anniversary and we can't stop telling everyone about our experience! As well as receiving an upgraded deluxe room (surprise to us upon check-in!), we were also surprised with Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a "Happy Anniversary" balloon, complements of the Manager and Staff!! The room was very nice and the bedding very comfortable. Great location, close to everything and a nice walk to see the Dome, Bourbon Street, the French Quarters and other sights. The restaurant was a little pricey so we ate elsewhere, but overall the hotel stay was a wonderful experience and we would definitely stay at Le Pavillon again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple