“Wonderful experience at the Le Pavillon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #85 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston
“Wonderful experience at the Le Pavillon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this marvelous hotel for four nights in early March. Valet parking in the lot next door was lighted and very safe. The bellboy and door man were efficient and friendly, as were all the staff we interacted with. At check-in my husband jokingly mentioned an upgrade, and to our surprise we were given one. Our deluxe queen/queen room on the 5th floor was small but the high ceilings made it feel larger. Lots of interesting details in the room--framed prints of local plantations hung by gold cord on the walls, black granite countertops in the bathroom, a ceiling fan, plush curtains (that really blocked the morning daylight), lots of decorative pillows piled on each bed and a doorbell outside each door on this floor. Other amenities were also impressive. The 32-inch TV in the armoire was unexpected. The bathroom, while small, was nicely done with plenty of towels and a heater fan to warm the chill. The closet had plenty of room, as well as a fair-sized safe. The beds were moderately firm and comfortable, with double-sheeted blankets.

The gym on the top floor had the customary endurance machines as well as weight training. The fridge there was stocked with Powerade and water, and there was a large basket with complimentary apples and bananas on top of the fridge. The rooftop pool area overlooking the city was very nice, with a small heated pool, hot tub and cabanas. We did not eat in the restaurant while we were there, but we did order room service for breakfast one morning. My eggs benedict was found to have quite a bit of egg shells in one half, but this replaced quickly after one call to dining, and the new dish was excellent. We did the PB&J one night, and thought it fun and quirky. Turn down service was prompt and included a complimentary PB&J cookie and bottle of water.

Although the hotel decor (especially the lobby) is very ornate, we never felt out of place on those days we were wearing casual clothes. The hotel is withing walking distance to the French Quarter (Bourbon Street is three blocks away) and a bit more of a hike to Riverwalk and other nearby attractions. There is a Garden District streetcar stop a block-and-a-half away.

Our receipt at check-out reflected accurate charges and was a great deal (special internet rates), considering all the amenities we enjoyed. We would not hesitate to stay at Le Pavillon again.

8 Thank easw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Korean first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2005

We stayed at Le Pavillion for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon trip. On arrival we had our room upgraded automatically. I've stayed in some very nice hotels and I can honestly say that this is as good as I've seen. The staff were very helpful and the location is ideal..only 5-10 mins from Bourbon Street on foot. We never sampled the food..far too many other places in New Orleans for that but in all other respects, this is a fine establishment in a great location.

1 Thank shoutyman
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2005

Stayed at Le Pavillon for 4 days in early Feb 2005. I had expected great things but have to say the experience was generally disappointing from the minute I arrived. Although there were a number of bell staff around there was no offer of help with bags etc. Then had to play guess the window at reception - they were all too busy having a chat to check me in! The room itself was OK although extremely dark - it also had an unusual odour which was also noticeable along the corridor (I was on the 3rd floor).
Breakfast was ok - but dinner was very disappointing (try Smith & Wollensky - 2 blocks up Poydras - a much better option). I met some business contacts and we tried to have a quiet drink in the bar - however this proved impossible as within minutes the "entertainment" began - consisting of a lady playing piano and singing very LOUDLY! I know New Orleans is famed for its music but could really have done without this. I also understand that the PB&J is a bit of a tradition but it seemed rather a waste of time and money to me- the only time I was actually in the Hotel at 10pm there were very few takers - most people still being out on the town (this is New Orleans after all!)
Final straw was at check out where I was accused of having emptied the mini bar of snacks and candies - which I hadn't actually touched . Nevertheless took some persuasion to get it taken off the bill.
Overall the hotel's supposed "belle epoch" character didn't gell with the reality of staying there - it was ok but for the money I'll try soemwhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank gazza53
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2005

A friend and I stayed at the Le Pavillon last week for 2 nights. It was the most beautiful hotel. It was such a lovely hotel, everyone was friendly, and it was a wonderful stay. We walked to the french quarter, rode the trolley, and this hotel was a great location. The view from the top floor with the pool area was just gorgeous especially at sunset. This hotel is my favorite and I will stay there any time I am in New Orleans!!!

3 Thank rondo60
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2005

I stayed at this lovely hotel in August of 2003 and it was great, my favorite place to stay in NOLA. Nice quiet location but only a short walk to the French Quarter. There is also a street car stop very close by. Perhaps one of the best things about this hotel though is that starting around 6pm on Friday until Monday morning, there is an abundance of free and safe parking on the street behind/beside the hotel. We could see our vehicle from our hotel room and it was perfectly safe all weekend...for FREE, no $15 - 25 a night fee. The staff was also great (was a staff member who let us know about the great free parking!) and the room while on the small side was extremely cozy and quite lux with a nice padded armchair and beautiful furniture (even decorative throw pillows for the bed). New Orleans is my favorite weekend getaway spot, I get there at least once a year and Le Pavillon is best place I've stayed.

• Stayed August 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Belleville,NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2005

We found a dirty toilet paper upon using the bathroom. The walls are too thin that you can hear the people in the hallway. There was false alarm at 3 am. The hotel did not even compensate for that disturbance. Staff is helpful, some are snooty. Housekeeping was great. The bellman are very helpful. The pool view is nice and romantic. Good distance to to Bourbon street and other tourist sites.
I would like to try another 4 star hotel in New Orleans if ever.

• Stayed February 2005
8 Thank herleiness
mays landing, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2005

the atmosphere was lovely & the staff members were warm and accomodating-highly recommended

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business