“Good if attending an event at the smoothie king or Mercedes Benz center”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #87 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Jackson, MS
“Good if attending an event at the smoothie king or Mercedes Benz center”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great location if attending an event at either of these locations but otherwise the location is less than optimum it seemed to us. Luckily the hotel has room service 24 hours or you would go hungry after the event.
Hotel service was awesome, it's an older establishment so rooms are smaller but they have done an excellent job with updates. Lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and maintained. What impressed us the most was the great service offered by all employees.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Korean first
Omaha
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel this week for Mardi Gras. We knew it was close to the parade route when we booked but, with the rainy weather, it could not have been a better choice! We made a run to the hotel between the Zulu and Rex parades and barely missed a thing. Additionally, we didn't realize that it is a straight shot to Bourbon Street as well. We were close to Rouse's grocery store and Enterprise car rental as well.

Irregardless of the location, the hotel itself is a great place to stay. Every member of the staff that we talked to was friendly and accommodating. From the doormen to the front desk to the restaurant to the cleaning staff, we felt welcomed by all. Anything we asked for was delivered in a timely manner. Our safe didn't work right and was fixed immediately. We needed trash bags for our rainy, wet trip to the parade and we had them within a few minutes. The computer printer didn't work and someone attended to the matter immediately. We really enjoyed our server in the restaurant, Frank. He had some good stories about the hotel and people he has met.

The peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at night were such a treat. What a fun thing to offer the guests.

As far as our room, it was clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows are comfortable. I was afraid the room would be small but we had plenty of space. I don't normally use the provided shampoos, soaps, and lotions but I tried these and found them to be of good quality and fragrance. We did always have hot water for our showers but sometimes the temperature fluctuated a bit. If I had a complaint, this would be it. Everything else was so great, that I will not grumble about this. We didn't use the pool or hot tub but did sit on the roof one evening. Others were using both and seemed to enjoy them.

We have already said that we will choose this hotel when we go back again. The last hotel we stayed at in New Orleans was a good one too (Hilton Riverside). We had no complaints about it. This one, though, is such a treat at every turn. Not only do we have no complaints but we also feel like we were honored as their guests and that they truly cared about our experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RREBELOmaha
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is very well kept and beautiful. From the moment we got out of our cab we felt welcomed, for the exception of the young girl that checked us in and out I believe her name was Anna. She wasn't very welcoming or offering much assistance when asked. Cedric the doorman was great, the bellman that checked us in was great, he was slightly older and also covered the desk for the overnight shift. Gustave, Lou and a young lady that worked the desk on Monday night was also exceptional. I will definitely will return to this hotel on my next trip to New Orleans. I forgot to mention Katrina in reservations, she was the most sweetest person and so helpful, she noted that it was my honeymoon and blocked us into a very nice room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We seek out historic properties when we travel and are usually rewarded with a more authentic local experience that outweighs whatever disadvantages flow from not updating a property. Le Pavillion is rich in personal touches--from the top-hatted doorman to the charming tradition of serving bedtime PBJs.(Don't miss the easel with the backstory!) The location is perfect for walks to the French Quarter, traveling on the St. Charles Avenue trolley and viewing the Mardi Gras parades. The bed was one of the best that we slept in. The bathroom, however, was tired. The ornate drapery-styled shower curtain made the shower seem dingy.
My husband booked our stay in one of the Junior Suites several weeks in advance of our arrival. He completed a questionnaire seeking our preferences and requested a upper level floor and mentioned that we would be arriving on my 60th birthday. When we checked in we were offered a room on the second floor. We requested a change and were offered a room on the sixth floor but were advised that we'd be giving up a jacuzzi for a quieter room. We opted for the quiet and wondered what was the point of volunteering that we were there for a special occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tasteful_10
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Le Pavillon hotel in New Orleans. It is a fine, majestic hotel. Lots of history.
2 blocks to Rampart Street. About 15 minutes walk to Canal Street and Bourbon Street.
It's a classic hotel with a nice bar lounge and good restaurant.

They serve peanut butter & jelly sandwiches & hot chocolate in the lobby every day ay 4:00 pm which has been a tradition for many years. A weary traveller asked for this as it was the custom to do it every day with his daughter when at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob L
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here Sunday through Tuesday for Mardi Gras. The hotel was in the perfect location for us. It it's just 4 blocks away from the French Quarter, where we dined and had drinks and it was only 2 blocks away from the parades. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds, pillows and blankets are extremely comfortable. We had the breakfast there one morning. It was okay but I would suggest venturing out. New Orleans has a few amazing places to go for brunch. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shelsmo
Elkins, Arkansas
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I arrived as part of a business trip with about 45 other travellers. Prior to arrival, I had requested a fridge in my room and a room on a high floor.

When I arrived at 4:30 PM, I went to the front desk for check-in and was told that there were no rooms on high floors available so I would have to wait for one. After I was told this, two others from my party who had not requested high floors were given rooms on the 9th (top) floor, and went on their way. I had to wait for an hour and a half for my room and I was finally given a room on the third floor.

When I asked about the fridge, I was told that they had overbooked their fridges (even though both of my companions got one). I was told by the staff that I could have anything out of the mini bar because of the error. To clarify, I asked Jessica, the front desk person, if that meant I would not be charged for anything I ate/drank from the mini bar. She said that was right. She said she would put a note in the system not to charge me for anything out of the mini bar. Because of this, I was willing to overlook the long wait after an exhausting flight and the lack of accomodations as I had requested.

That evening, as I was leaving for dinner, I re-asked the question about the mini bar and I was once again told that the mini bar was being comped. So, I used the mini bar. I only drank waters and a couple of sodas (I didn't touch any of the alcohol) and I ate some of the candy.

The day before checkout, I went to the front desk and wanted to make sure that Jessica's note had made it to everyone else. I was told by a rude front desk supervisor that Jessica would have had no right to make that decision and that I would have to pay for everything I took which added up to $140 ($6 waters add up quick). After arguing with her for a half an hour, she told me she would lower the bill to $43. I still didn't think that was fair, but I could tell that she wasn't budging anymore. Even if you took all that I ate/drank, it wouldn't add up to $43 in a normal setting.

Otherwise, the hotel was fine. The bed was comfortable. It had almost everything you would want in a hotel room. I just can't get past the horrendous customer service I experienced.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business