“Le Pavillon - NOLA with kids - great!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #84 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Spent 3 days at the Le Pavillon. Easy access to streetcars and quick walk to Canal St. and French Quarter. Staff was really attentive. Rooms were clean, quiet, and comfy. Kids *really* enjoyed pb&j and hot chocolate at night in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momoeb
There are newer reviews for Le Pavillon Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just got back from staying here during the week of the 4th of July. I will break this down in sections.
LOCATION: excellent, 1 block walking distance to trolley stop, and about 6 blocks to canal street, 7 blocks to Bourbon St. Far enough away that you don't have to deal with a bunch of dumb drunk kids.
HOTEL: I felt like I jumped in a time machine and went back to 1920. Most of the decor was imported from Europe; from the chandeliers, furniture, carpet, paintings, drapery, etc... The main dining room made me feel like I was eating at the White House. Truly lovely furnishings. Roof top deck was very nice, pool a bit small, but well designed and inviting. They had a Greek goddess thing going on up there with the intricate statues. No bar on roof but you could always order a drink from the roof deck phone. Views were also very nice.
ROOM: beds were really comfortable and room was beautiful. Bathroom was a little small but modern. Great TV with a nice selection of stations.
STAFF: everyone I came across from the bell boy, door man, waiters, front desk, and concierge were all extremely friendly and helpful. Service is important here and they deliver. On the day I checked out we asked if we could check out at 2p.m. due to our flight schedule, to my surprise they said no problem. This doesn't happen normally so easily.
BAR/RESTARUANT: breakfast buffet a little steep but the food was good. I had a few drinks at the bar and they were great.
OVERALL: this hotel far exceeded my expectations. I would take the whole ghost story rubbish with a grain of salt. No one that worked there that I spoke to ever saw anything. The nightly peanut butter and jelly atb10 p.m. was a neat little tradition which we both enjoyed. It was my birthday on our stay and to my surprise they provided a happy birthday cake, bottle of decent champagne, and a really nice letter even signed by the hotel manager. So mention it if its your birthday. For the price I would absolutely recommend staying at this hotel you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baltscottie
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 nights at Le Pavillon. The hotel was classy, staff and concierge were helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable. Its actually well situated between the French Quarter and CBD, but since we hung out at the quarter mostly, it was a bit of a walk. otherwise, its great for adults, couples. etc.. no kids. And thats okay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

From the moment the car pulls up to the door flanked by classical white marble statues, where a helpful bellhop carries your luggage and shows you through the grand, high-ceilinged foyer, you feel as though you've stepped into a private palace where everyone has anticipated your arrival. I have such love and admiration for this exquisite hotel, which is such a historic treasure. When I travel, I appreciate places with history and character, and tend to avoid those that cater to the nouveau riche. Le Pavillon has fun, charming traditions like the nightly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and piping hot cocoa. It's quite close to the French Quarter, but not so close you can't find a quiet night's rest after traversing Bourbon Street into the wee hours. Each time I have occasion to be in New Orleans - which is never nearly enough - I try to stay at Le Pavillon.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you unparalleled views of the New Orleans skyline. Also, parking is available for...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HeatherJPT
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was really nice and very helpful, but the room was a little rundown as far as the paint, wallpaper and amenities went. The phones were old and dirty, and the one on the nightstand didn't even work. I specifically booked this hotel because it had a pool and a hot tub. The pool was so milky and dirty looking that i NEVER went in it, even after going out to it 3 times. Other people were in it, but a dirty pool indicates that something is off with the chlorine, and i didn't want to risk it. The dirty pool was a big disappointment. The beds were really comfy. the shower was weird bc it's designed to only have half of a door, and there was not any q-tips in the vanity. Otherwise the place was fine. I just thought it was okay. If you're looking for a modern luxury place, then this is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
3  Thank Ernie S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at Le Pavillion. It was very easy to find from the airport in our rental car. I was not impressed by the high cost of parking per night but every downtown area hotel had high parking rates, so we anticipated it. I was glad we chose not to stay in the French Quarter. This hotel was an easy walking distance and was so quiet at night. We slept so well, which is rare in any hotel for me. We heard no street noise from our room. Honestly, I have never slept in a more comfortable hotel bed. It was heavenly. The rooftop pool deck was also a highlight, loved being out there at night and the fact that it was open so late was great. The staff were all friendly, accommodating and helpful. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was a sort of musty smell that was in the lobby and room. I realize it is an old hotel and that in the humid weather with the AC on it could be a little musty so this wasn't enough to detract me from a high rating for this hotel. Also, I think the rooms need a deep cleaning. I spilled some water on the floor and used a washcloth to dry it up, the cloth came up quite dirty. Wear slippers or shoes on the carpet and you should be fine.

Room Tip: ask for a 9th floor room to be closer to the pool deck and have no street noise.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I want to thank Nicholas Cage for a film that he dashed in and out of this hotel and cos of this we hunted for a good price and went for it.
The valet service is what you expect and the car (for a price) is whisked away to a safe place.
The reception is grand full of elegant french style furnishings and lavish trimmings to all windows etc. Our check in was good and managed to get an early room. The room was a little small but two lovely comfy beds and again all the elegant furniture. Bathroom as nice -
One small moan was that the plug to the bath was not working and if you wanted a bath you had to keep the water running. A supervisor had asked us if all was good withe cleaniless of the room and we mentioned about the bath but nothing had been done by the time we left.
We were there at a weekend and the best part of this stay was the Champagne brunch with music on a Sunday. Great value and we were treated SO well.. Effortless service. Food great. Nice to chill in lovely surroundings - good timing for us as it was half way through our trip. As others have said its walking distance to the French Quarter but its nice to be away the noisier part.
One nice little touch is th complimentary hot chocolate and peanut butter/jelly sandwiches at 10p.m... That is if youre in the hotel at 10p.m.!!
Yes this was our highlight of our trip.. Thank you Le Pavillon