“Small room with thin walls”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #82 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Decatur, IL
Reviewed February 1, 2004

The least expensive rooms are a bit small for anything beyond one night. The wall and connecting door to the next room were far from soundproof and we were treated to continous noise from neighbors. We spent one night in an upgraded room -- there is a huge difference in space, appointments, luxury. Don't expect a first class stay at the lowest price.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dana Point, California
Reviewed January 31, 2004

My brother & I had to make a last minute trip to New Orleans because our 94 year old Nana was in the Cardiac Care ward of Ocshners Hospital.

My experience at Le Pavillon began at the front door when I was greeted like an old friend instead of just another hotel visitor. The staff at Le Pavillon were very coridal and professional when they thought we were on holiday, and went even above and beyond when they knew our visit held potential for great sadness.

Two of my three favorite people I never even met face to face. The ladies answering the phone in Room Service. Amazing. I spend most of my time in hotels in South East Asia and other parts of the world, so I can tell you these ladies were fabulous. The food was served in the time frame they stated, and was wonderful. From oatmeal to their house specialty beouf bourguignon, I recommend it all.

Our other favorite was their very talented singer/piano player. What an incredible voice, and a personality to draw you out of any sadness.

The entire staff shouldn't be forgotten, everything was imaculate and so much southern charm!

I must admit, my brother and I really got a kick out of the Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich bar with Hot Chocolate at night. We had never heard of such thing, but what a crowd pleaser. Imagine standing in an elegant lobby with everyone gathering between 10pm - 11pm making PB&J sandwiches... my brother of course, put too much jelly on his and spilled all over the nice carpet... even in our mid 40's he is still a little boy.

SO, book a stay at the hotel and enjoy the experience, the rooms were nice & the beds comfortable. My brother & I look forward to going back for a happy occassion and taking our spouses for the experience!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Farmington, NM
Reviewed January 31, 2004

We wanted to stay somewhere nice in New Orleans for our 30th wedding anniversary so we selected Le Pavillon after visiting their website and reading reviews in TripAdvisor. The hotel was great. It's close enough to all the attractions without being in the middle of all the noise of the French Quarter. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable and the lobby, dining and lounge area were all beautiful. We look forward to staying there again the next time we go to New Orleans and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed January 29, 2004

This is the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in!!! It was comfortable and the service was wonderful!! The food is awesome and they have great bartenders that make the best drinks I've ever had.
(just don't get a room next to the elevator, its kindof loud.) Otherwise, its wonderful. I'll never stay anywhere else in New Orleans and I've learned this the hard way.

5  Thank Vanilla1217
NY, NY
Reviewed January 27, 2004

We stayed at Le Pavillon for our marriage in New Orleans & it was wonderful -- from the courteous, competent & knowledgeable staff to the small details like the heated mirrors - it truly was one of the highlights of the city.

Paula, at the check-in desk, went above & beyond and was so sincerely cheerful she could brighten any damp day.

Now there's only one place to stay when we return to New Orleans!

Reviewed January 26, 2004

We just returned from a 4 night stay at Le Pavillon and had a wonderful time. We had a combined air/hotel package...but I'm guessing the hotel part was only ~$75 a night! Book online thru Expedia. The room was very ornate and the bathroom had black marble. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was a bit over the top and enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi one night....which are located outside on the top floor. I didn't have any PB&J sandwiches...but I did enjoy some hot cocoa at night. Would definately stay there again.

5  Thank Buggybug
North Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed January 26, 2004

This hotel had old world class and elegance that you don't find in most hotels. I travel about 35 weeks a year and you don't find hotels like this very often.

The room was very large and extremely clean. Everything was well appointed, even the packaging of the soaps and shower cap.

The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. At night when they serve Peanut and Jelly sandwiches and hot chocolate it gives you a feeling that you got when your Mother served you this comfort food.

Everyone should experience a hotel like this at least once. I have sent extra brochures to my traveling friends so they can have this experience.

• Stayed: January 2005