“One week in New Orleans”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #89 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very good service and also price/service relation.
We stayed here for 1 week, had some very fine dinners (try the gumbo and the ribeye) and also good cocktails.
As the weather was not very good we took a warm bath in the Jacuzzi.
Our room was upgrated on arrival to a bigger suite. The concierge showed us all the facilities.
Short: we would book that hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,962)

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a lot of old world charm. 10 of us had 5 rooms and everyone raved about how nice it was. Beds were very comfortable. Rooftop pool and hot tub were well enjoyed. Only thing I regret about staying here was missing out on the pb&j sandwiches as we were away from the hotel both nights at the time they give them out. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Beautiful, up-scale lobby and restaurant. Nice rooms with comfortable beds. Luxury amenities. Gracious, welcoming staff. Having stayed in many nice hotels, I rate Le Pavillon very highly mostly because of the staff. Of course, the calling card of the hotel is the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with hot chocolate offered nightly in the lobby. After the first night of this treat, our internal alarms sounded every night after to make our way to the lobby—along with dozens of others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SummersUsa
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel makes a great first impression. The lobby is beautiful and it seems to be in the heart of everything...but our room was the smallest I've stayed in outside of Manhattan/NYC. TINY. For the price (we paid just over $200/night) in the southeast, I expect larger rooms with nicer finishes. The room was just OK.

The real star here was the staff...they were FANTASTIC. From the doorman to the front desk, everyone made us feel very welcomed and valued. That alone made it an overall good experience. Also, if you are planning to go to the superdome this is a decent location as it is sort of in between the dome and Bourbon street partying. We did like the convenience of being able to walk places - but they sometimes were LONG walks...pack comfy shoes and lots of light weight, breathable clothes!

Pros:
- Amazing staff - can't stress this enough, we were so impressed by the people at this hotel...everyone remembered our names and our car and made us feel very welcome
- Lovely lobby and exterior
- Free PB&J at night if you go at the right times
- Comfy (though Full/Queen?) beds
- Walkable location between superdome and Bourbon Street

That said, we wouldn't stay at this hotel again for three main reasons:
1. too far from Bourbon street - I'm a big walker (hike a couple of miles each day for exercise) and found the walk from this hotel to the action of Bourbon street a bit too far. Perhaps I should have packed better shoes, but I was under the impression it was a couple of blocks - but really, you're walking almost a mile to get to the real action. Add New Orleans heat and humidity and a few drinks and it gets a bit brutal :(
2. price - do not pay over $200 to stay here, to me personally, the room sizes and quality just don't warrant the higher prices
3. room size/condition - so disappointed in the size of the room and bathroom...bathroom reminded me of staying at my grandparents' house back in the 80s

Also, the hot tub was gross...I loved the rooftop pool but was afraid to submerge in the hot tub b/c I could see dirt/sediment along the bottom. Felt good on my feet though after all of that walking!

Room Tip: Perhaps specifically request a larger, remodeled room? I'm wondering if we got stuck in a bad ro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently went to New Orleans for a birthday weekend trip with my mom. We chose Le Pavillon for it's close proximity to the French Quarter and it's old history and style. It not only didn't disappoint, but it surpassed all expectations. The hotel was beautiful and historic, made me feel as if I were in a movie all the time. The room was spacious and clean and fully modernized. There was a rooftop pool and terrace that was fantastic, and the hotel is close enough to walk to the French Quarter and more, but quiet as it's off the main strip. The staff was outstanding - friendly, courteous, and attentive. I even found a bottle of champagne and chocolate cake waiting in my room after an evening out, compliments of the hotel management. The concierge "Lou" was knowledgeable, friendly, and gave us some fantastic suggestions. This hotel was truly a home away from home, and they made my stay in NOLA all the more wonderful. Can't say enough positive things.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NatalieR641
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in March 2013 - was upgraded on arrival to a beautiful suite. The bathroom was amazing, and the whole suite was extravagant.

The concierge helped us out with good recommendations on where to spend our only night in the city, and the staff at breakfast the next day were just as helpful.

Overall, a lovely experience in a stunning hotel. Would definitely go back and recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Our trip starts with a friendly valet named Dave, who promptly takes our vehicle off our hands and tucks it away. Antoine, our bellman, takes over and gives us an interesting and thorough tour of the hotel and helps us get checked in with the amazing night manager named Shane. After several wonderful recommendations for food, we opted for steak which was to die for. Upon retiring to our very comfortable bed, we slept in our cozy quiet delightful room. Ps the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are also heavenly. Please do yourself a favor and spend the few extra dollars on the accommodations that are sure to please!

• Stayed: April 2013