“Thoughtful Staff & Comfortable Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #86 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta GA
“Thoughtful Staff & Comfortable Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Beautiful, up-scale lobby and restaurant. Nice rooms with comfortable beds. Luxury amenities. Gracious, welcoming staff. Having stayed in many nice hotels, I rate Le Pavillon very highly mostly because of the staff. Of course, the calling card of the hotel is the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with hot chocolate offered nightly in the lobby. After the first night of this treat, our internal alarms sounded every night after to make our way to the lobby—along with dozens of others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SummersUsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel makes a great first impression. The lobby is beautiful and it seems to be in the heart of everything...but our room was the smallest I've stayed in outside of Manhattan/NYC. TINY. For the price (we paid just over $200/night) in the southeast, I expect larger rooms with nicer finishes. The room was just OK.

The real star here was the staff...they were FANTASTIC. From the doorman to the front desk, everyone made us feel very welcomed and valued. That alone made it an overall good experience. Also, if you are planning to go to the superdome this is a decent location as it is sort of in between the dome and Bourbon street partying. We did like the convenience of being able to walk places - but they sometimes were LONG walks...pack comfy shoes and lots of light weight, breathable clothes!

Pros:
- Amazing staff - can't stress this enough, we were so impressed by the people at this hotel...everyone remembered our names and our car and made us feel very welcome
- Lovely lobby and exterior
- Free PB&J at night if you go at the right times
- Comfy (though Full/Queen?) beds
- Walkable location between superdome and Bourbon Street

That said, we wouldn't stay at this hotel again for three main reasons:
1. too far from Bourbon street - I'm a big walker (hike a couple of miles each day for exercise) and found the walk from this hotel to the action of Bourbon street a bit too far. Perhaps I should have packed better shoes, but I was under the impression it was a couple of blocks - but really, you're walking almost a mile to get to the real action. Add New Orleans heat and humidity and a few drinks and it gets a bit brutal :(
2. price - do not pay over $200 to stay here, to me personally, the room sizes and quality just don't warrant the higher prices
3. room size/condition - so disappointed in the size of the room and bathroom...bathroom reminded me of staying at my grandparents' house back in the 80s

Also, the hot tub was gross...I loved the rooftop pool but was afraid to submerge in the hot tub b/c I could see dirt/sediment along the bottom. Felt good on my feet though after all of that walking!

Room Tip: Perhaps specifically request a larger, remodeled room? I'm wondering if we got stuck in a bad ro...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently went to New Orleans for a birthday weekend trip with my mom. We chose Le Pavillon for it's close proximity to the French Quarter and it's old history and style. It not only didn't disappoint, but it surpassed all expectations. The hotel was beautiful and historic, made me feel as if I were in a movie all the time. The room was spacious and clean and fully modernized. There was a rooftop pool and terrace that was fantastic, and the hotel is close enough to walk to the French Quarter and more, but quiet as it's off the main strip. The staff was outstanding - friendly, courteous, and attentive. I even found a bottle of champagne and chocolate cake waiting in my room after an evening out, compliments of the hotel management. The concierge "Lou" was knowledgeable, friendly, and gave us some fantastic suggestions. This hotel was truly a home away from home, and they made my stay in NOLA all the more wonderful. Can't say enough positive things.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NatalieR641
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in March 2013 - was upgraded on arrival to a beautiful suite. The bathroom was amazing, and the whole suite was extravagant.

The concierge helped us out with good recommendations on where to spend our only night in the city, and the staff at breakfast the next day were just as helpful.

Overall, a lovely experience in a stunning hotel. Would definitely go back and recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Our trip starts with a friendly valet named Dave, who promptly takes our vehicle off our hands and tucks it away. Antoine, our bellman, takes over and gives us an interesting and thorough tour of the hotel and helps us get checked in with the amazing night manager named Shane. After several wonderful recommendations for food, we opted for steak which was to die for. Upon retiring to our very comfortable bed, we slept in our cozy quiet delightful room. Ps the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are also heavenly. Please do yourself a favor and spend the few extra dollars on the accommodations that are sure to please!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank FLTravelPro
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were early for check in, but there was a room available which was great - we'd been traveling since 3:30am and were badly in need of showers. The room was smaller than I expected, but the hotel itself is an older hotel and so small rooms are ok, considering. I did notice that there was some dust on the tv stand, one of the straps on the luggage rack was broken and there was a small stain on one of the chair cushions (I flipped the cushion over, so I wouldn't sit in it). The toiletries were really nice - my husband enjoyed the soap-on-a-rope. The service was absolutely exceptional. Everyone was so great - especially Gustave, the concierge. If you are staying in Nola and it's your first time, listen to Gustave. Every suggestion he gave us was completely on point. Wayne, the bellman was also really friendly and made our welcome really nice. I liked the PB&J late night snack. The location was perfect for us. Close enough to the Vieux Carre to make it easy to party, but far enough to be quiet at night. We were close to the Warehouse district and the bars in that area. If you need to be close to the Superdome, this is the place to stay. All in all, I would DEFINITELY come back.

Calgary, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and we stayed at Le Pavillon. The staff are all very very friendly. We were checked in to a room on a high floor away from the elevators as we had requested. When we entered the room, it was very dark and smelled very musty and like stale cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The windows don't open in the rooms either, so you can't get any fresh air. We didn't complain, we just thought that it was an old hotel and likely should be expected. We tried to go to sleep that night but our neighbours next door were being a little loud. The walls are paper thin, so even though the they weren't having a big party, we could still hear them from midnight to 5 am.

The next morning, I asked the front desk what their policy was on noice disturbances, and I thought I would also mention the smell in the room at the same time. The girl at the desk was very nice and showed us a new room no questions asked. Long story short, they moved us to a Jr. Suite. The suite was much larger, brighter, and did not smell at all. We could hear the elevator shaft noise, but it didn't bother us as much as the loud neighbours we had in the other room.

The cleanliness of the room I would say is average. The carpets could use a good cleaning, and the bathroom tub/shower was so so. The beds are very comfortable. There are no coffee makers in the room, and the coffee served in the lobby is not great. We didn't try the breakfast there, so I can't comment on the food.

The hotel is in a great location with easy walking distance to the French Quarter and the street car. The lobby is very nice, and what you would expect in an older hotel with a lot of history.

Overall great service at this hotel, but for the price, I think you get a better and quieter room elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want light and bright and room to move around, try the Jr Suites.