“Wish I could have stayed longer at Le Pavillon”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #87 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wish I could have stayed longer at Le Pavillon”
Reviewed January 5, 2004

My coworkers and I spent one night at LePavillon. Since we were returning guests, we were treated to special amenities. How nice to be remembered!

The hotel restaurant is a wonderful combination of old world charm and down home southern hospitality.

I loved the details--a fruit basket in my room with a thank you note for choosing their hotel, peanut butter and jelly and hot chocolate for a late night snack, business cards showing us as "guests in residence," and the valet with a top hat and tuxedo.

My only regret is that we had to leave so soon.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 5, 2004

From December 13 to 21 I have been staying at Le Pavillon Hotel and everyone just made my stay "a lovely gift before Christmas": everything was just great because everyone at Le Pavillon has a way to make one feels at home. And as I was there for professionnal reason, I felt like working at home and wish you all to experience the same feeling. This hotel is UNIQUE and has a truly UNIQUE way to take care of the guests.
Thank you all: you were wonderful!

6 Thank Vitalis2012
NYC
Reviewed December 30, 2003

My husband and I just came back from a fantastic stay at Le Pavillon.
We chose this hotel because of all the great reviews and were so happy we did. If you've read some of them, you know all the good stuff (it's true!) already. I just wanted to let you know that there was a guest walking back to the hotel last week who was killed for no reason (he was right across the street). It was only 10:30 at night and nobody knows why. I DO encourage you to stay here, but DEFINITELY take taxis after dark as New Orleans is very sketchy. Even if you are only going a few blocks away, it is worth the four or five bucks. Keep in mind that Le Pavillon is in the business district so the streets are pretty empty after 6pm. We live in NYC and feel much safer here than in NO. Having said that, we felt the hotel was first class in every way and the staff was very helpful and offered great recommendations. We will be back!

12 Thank dananyc
Reviewed December 28, 2003

Excellent accommodations. Staff is very helpful and pleasant. Beautiful dining room and excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this charming hotel.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2003

After reading the rave reviews here, I was not disappointed one bit.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms gorgeous, and the turndown service heavenly.We enjoyed the late night snack and the rooftop pool and jacuzzi. The walls are a little thin and we could hear the staff vacuuming and people coughing next door. Location is a bit far from French Quarter (4 blocks to the outer edge) but perfect if you plan on going to other parts of the city like the Garden District.I would definitely stay here again- the place is well-kept and gorgeous, especially with all the holiday decorations! Don't settle for cookie-cutter bland chain hotels when you can stay here.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2003

I have to knock off a point because the bed was so hard and the pillows so limp that my partner and I had three awful night's sleep, which is important to imsomniacs like ourselves. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, and next time I'm in town I'd consider visiting for that but not staying there.

All the people there were very friendly and the common rooms gorgeous.
Our room had a lot of atmosphere and was very nice, though very small.
Also, street traffic (tons of buses, shuttles, and trucks!!) and lots of doors slamming as the maids cleaned very morning also made for a crap night's sleep. I think one night I only got 3 hrs!!

Our fourth night, which was an unexpected surprise due to weather back home, we moved a few blocks down to the Sheraton on Canal St. and slept phenomenally.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2003

We stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans. It was the most beautiful room we had ever stayed in. The 2 bedrooms were large & decorated with beautiful furniture. This suite has a dining room, den and living room w/a fire place. Needless to say, we did not want to leave the next morning. You will not be disappointed in this hotel. Sherry J.