“Great for New Orleans Arena/Superdome Convenience”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #83 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Le Pavillon is a beautiful hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was with 3 teenage girls for 1 night. The bathroom was small but there was a full length mirror on the walk-in closet door, a mirror over the desk, and plenty of power sockets...so, the girls could spread out to primp without being crowded in the bathroom. The hotel was a 5-10 minute walk to the New Orleans Arena which was perfect for our needs and we did not need to pay for a cab. From 10-11 pm there is a peanut butter and jelly station set up in the lobby. This was a great bedtime snack. The spreads were homemade and there was a good selection of bread along with milk or hot chocolate. Our room was clean and quiet (which is always a plus in New Orleans). I do wish there had been a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful experience! The staff treated us like old regular customers who have returned time after time. The hotel is an elegant well kept classic! The rooms are plush and modern, while maintaining its antique classic feel. This is a definite must return when in Nawlins!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We got the chance to stay at Le Pavillon when we visited NOLA during Carnival. From the moment we walked through the doors, it was just fantastic. The staff were very friendly and very professional. Talk about Southern Charm! Le Pavillon wrote the book on charm and continually excelled at making the charm a reality. It was not too much to make it seem artificial and fake. It was just a perfect amount. We stayed in a traditional room and it was beautiful. the bed was very comfy (and as i have difficulty getting to sleep on a new bed that first night), i fell asleep very quickly. And then the peanut butter (and jelly) sandwich station with hot cocao every night was a great treat. I had an orange or apple up in the fitness centre, worked out, showered, and it was a great treat after working out. We stayed at a lot of hotels but Le Pavillon just spoiled us and is now the bar by which we measure our hotel stays. We are heading back to NOLA this carnival season but unfortunately, we could not get a room at Le Pavillion for the time we would be there as it is Superbowl. But still no worries. the Memories gained from staying at Le Pavillon are priceless. I am really glad we got to stay there. the location was really good, especially for viewing the parades. In future, when visiting NOLA, would love to stay at Le Pavillon again. it made our first trip there even better.

Room Tip: we had a traditional room and it was on the seventh floor..so it was quieter. But made for a nice w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I absolutely adore this hotel. The ambience was wonderful, and the location was very convenient!
The room was very comfortable, and the service was impeccable. Don't miss the rooftop! There is a beautiful pool, lovely view of the surrounding area, and a great place to take your complimentary coffee from the lobby in the morning. Every night at 10:00 pm, there is a special treat of complimentary PB&J sandwiches, milk, and hot chocolate. It was so much fun to meet other travelers in the lobby - almost like a B&B atmosphere. I cannot wait to return to New Orleans and stay at this hotel once again. Very reasonable for all that you get!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The title of this review pretty much sums up my 4-night stay at Le Pavillon Hotel. It was lovely. The service was very good but never so much that the staff would forget to smile. There was always warmth behind the smile. I had to giggle to myself when, on one morning, I was addressed as m'lady ... that's a heck of a lot better than m'am.

One of my favorite parts of the hotel: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches between 10 and 11pm in the lobby. It's such a simple treat but it warmed the cockles.

The hotel has old world charm. A doorman with a top hat awaits you at the door, chandelier after chandelier in the lobby.

Since I wrote of of the things I like most about the hotel, I suppose I should write what I like least ... this is trivial, I assure ... the rooms were a tad small. My boyfriend and I expected it so we weren't surprised or disappointed ... just wish the rooms had been a tad bigger. Rooms were well appointed and the bed comfy.

In researching a place to stay in NOLA, I'd run across a review of this hotel that mentioned the distance of this hotel from the French Quarter. A couple reviewers thought the hotel was a long hike from the quarter. I suppose it's all relative. I'd broken a toe the week prior to arriving and had to wear a silly post-op supportive shoe but still found the 10-minute walk from the Quarter to the hotel very reasonable ... and after all that eating and err, (cough cough) drinking, the walking did me good. I've stayed in the Quarter a few times. I enjoyed the quiet location of Le Pavillon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LifeAsIz
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the close proximity to the Superdome. The hotel is very beautiful, historic and with great ammenities. The rooftop pool is a nice touch. It is close to St Charles Street, Bourbon Street, and the Superdome. We will definitely go back and hope to establish this as our yearly tradition of New Years celebration and Sugar Bowl.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor- no complaints!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel was fabulous. The rooms are clean,bright and comfortable.The staff is accommodating and friendly. My friend and I stayed here for a long wkend. It is a short walk to Bourbon and Royal streets. We loves the ambiance,dining room and cozy bar area. Would stay again next year!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends