“Simply beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Tallahassee, Florida
“Simply beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful! The beds are very comfortable. I won't stay at any other hotel on future visits to NOLA. I will definitely this hotel recommend to all of my friends and colleagues.

The personalized card was lovely and impressive. The oversized umbrella and complimentary PBJ were great customer service perks!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in November. First let me say that the staff was fantastic but the experience was disturbing. After checking in a wet washcloth was found in the shower but we didn't make an issue of it. Later when we retired to bed we were horrified to discover a pair of women's underwear in the bed. We called the front desk and were treated very well and moved to a second room. Initially the room looked ready but we found trash on the night stand, a rose on a table and shampoo in the shower. Again, we were taken to another room. This room was adequate. The staff was very accommodating. When we checked out, I asked the manager if she was aware of what happened and she was not. She removed the parking charges from my bill. I was not looking for anything but the right thing to do would have been to remove all charges. She said she would discuss with housekeeping manager immediately. I later wrote the general manager an email describing what happened and he had not been made aware. Again, I said that I did not want anything other than to have this housekeeping issue addressed. It was an opportunity for him to do the right thing but he simply chose to respond with the comments that he takes my concern seriously and would talk to his housekeeping staff immediately. I didn't expect a refund but the gesture would have been the courteous thing to do. Or at the very least, he could have offered us another opportunity to stay at his hotel and get a chance for a better experience. The hotel was beautiful and the staff fantastic, it is just unfortunate that their housekeeping department failed to take their job seriously. I shutter to think that inappropriate behavior by staff members is taking place in random rooms!

• 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank CLB22
Mobile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very old hotel with lots of old world flair and class. Be sure to check out the bar area. Valet parking for all, but at a cost - $35 per day, even for guests! That's a bit extreme, considering the cost of rooms here. But the staff was great and the furnishings and decor are amazing. I will consider staying here again when I am in the New Orleans area.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Genelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a group of eight adults in 4 different King rooms. The hotel is a century old and is full of character and beautiful accents.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very comfortable in our rooms as well as the rest of the hotel. The dining room was gorgeous and offered not only wonderful meals but great service.
We also enjoyed the peanut butter and jam/jelly/marmelade sandwiches offered between 10-11pm and oh, the hot chocolate was delicious!

Room Tip: two of the four rooms had a mini fridge (empty) as well as a coffee maker. All rooms had the mini b...
1 Thank David L
Rochester, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I used Tripadvisor reviews to find this hotel on a busy weekend in November. Rates weren't cheap, but comparable to other chains in the area. I had read reviews that included pros and cons so did come in with some reasonable expectations. It's true that the hotel is not brand new- it's old and quaint with character and amenities. I found the Peanut Butter & Jelly tradition and the turndown with bottled water and cookies very refreshing. Every detail was considered and staff go out of their way to make you feel pampered. Rooftop pool and hot tub and gym weren't huge, but a nice bonus that we did take advantage of. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends who are looking for charm and warmth.
We opted not to rent a car and I'm glad we didn't. Although this isn't located in the French Quarter, it is very walkable. We didn't even bother renting a cab other than to get to the airport.
We ate brunch at the hotel one morning for $19.99pp. They have a variety of choices and it was convenient with quality service. I have had better brunches however at other resorts.
Possible cons - hotel is traditional, not contemporary if that's your thing. Walls are thin and plumbing is old. Expect this and you'll be fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
reisenelisa1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had five great days and nights in New Orleans, spending our honeymoon in this great city. Staying at Le Pavillon, based on a friend's recommendation, was the best decision we could have made. We extended our stay at the hotel by another three nights now that we had originally left unbooked in case we wanted to travel around a little. But it's so nice here at the hotel, and there is so much to do in NOLA, we decided to stay right here at Le Pavillon. All the staff (reception, concierge, room managers, dining room staff and dining room manager) were --without exception-- very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and bathrooms spotless. We could not imagine having had a better time anywhere else. We like that the hotel is not in earshot of the French Quarter ruckus, but that it's in easy walking distance to it. The bus lines are close by as is the River with all of its attractions. Le Pavillon is excellent and we recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: First we had a room on the 4th floor with two queen beds, which was fine. When we booked the three e...
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I highly recommend this charming hotel in a wonderful location as it is not far to walk to the French Quarter during the day only, and an easy car drive to the Garden District. The staff were awesome and the rooftop provided an incredible view. Would have liked to have enjoyed the hottub and a glass of wine, but neglected to pack a swimsuit. This is my second time in several months to NOLA (won't be my last) and I will definitely return to this hotel. My only quirk was that the bed was a bit lumpy and I recommended the heavenly beds be considered that the Westins use..

Room Tip: I preferred the 9th floor as it was quick access only one flight up to the rooftop. there are wonde...
    • 3 of 5 stars