“Mathews review”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #84 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our family stayed there for ten days last year right about the time a tropical storm hit.
The staff starting fromthe doorperson to the concierge, front desk and room staff were excellent.
They were always very professional. The rooms were a throw back in time and the Hotel with its elegance and decor definitley set the tone for our first New Orleans trip.
We especially loved the late night snacks.
The reason we picked this hotel over the more modern ones was because of the authenticity and it made you feel like you were in New Orleans. That is what seperates it from the other modern hotel chains that you find in anywhere USA.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a genuine experience in New Orleans.
My family will definitely be making plan to return. Hopefully this time without the Tropical Storm darma.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here because it is part of the Leading Hotels of the World and we are loyal members and have always found their hotels to be top-notch.

This hotel is no exception and is even above average compared to the other Leading Hotels we stayed in. The room was rather too opulent compared to our usual tastes but it was a good experience because it is different.

The staff especially at breakfast is extremely warm and our first morning there is a very good introduction to New Orleans hospitality.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indoboi
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at Le Pavillion many times when I go to New Orleans on business to support LA Civil War Museum. When I arrive, my hotel room is beautifully clean, basket of fresh fruit and cold water and peanut butter and jelly cookies at night. Bell staff is very helpful and friendly and it is truly the nicest hotel I have stayed at in New Orleans. The Concierge staff, Justin and Lewis are wonderful and helpful.

I love the location because I can walk to work at night and in the morning and feel very safe.

I love the hotel!

Room Tip: I like high floors - just a preference.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my second stay at Le Pavillon. I was only in NOLA for one night, but I had remembered how lovely this hotel had been when my husband and I had stayed there for Jazz Fest 2011, so I booked it again. The staff was gracious and pleasant. My room lovely. Taxis at the ready by the side door. Pleasant walk to French Quarter.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank obriens19
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my first ever trip to New Orleans. We went in the very beginning stages of Mardi Gras....2 weeks before Fat Tuesday. Le pavillon was walking distance to the French Quarter & Bourbon Street. Le Pavillon hotel is like a step back into history. You are greeted with bellmen darned in tux & tails that are prompt and courteous. Polished brass and lovely furnishings adore the lobby. Upon check in, the girl at the front desk was not as helpful as we would have expected for such an amazing hotel, but the concierge more then made up for what the front desk lacked. We found this consistant throughout our stay. The breakfast buffet was plentyful but a bit pricey when you have many other walkable choices. The rooms were very clean and had ample towels. We chose this hotel based upon a deal we found on Orbitz. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Le Pavillon Hotel for five nights during a nine day and eight night vacation to New Orleans. The Le Pavillon Hotel is in terrible condition, the staff is obnoxious and the service is horrible. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed a noxious odor resembling mold, permeating throughout the hotel. The interior of the hotel appeared to be poorly maintained. The exercise equipment in the hotel’s fitness center is scarce and in disrepair. I understand that the Le Pavillon Hotel is a historic property. However, historic properties undergo restoration all the time and still manage to preserve their charm. The Le Pavillon Hotel is in need of major renovation. There is no excuse for the toxic smell and the disrepair I observed during my stay at the Le Pavillon Hotel.

I had a king room. The key card constantly malfunctioned, making it an ordeal for me to enter my room. The furniture in my room was old and dusty. The bed linens were damp and yellow from years of use. The paint was chipping of the ceilings and walls in the main room. The carpet flooring was filthy and stained. The wallpaper was pealing of the walls in the bathroom. The white tile flooring in the bathroom was cracked and black from dirt.

There is no privacy lock on the entry door to the room. The room does not boast a “Do Not Disturb” sign. While I was in my room, housekeeping staff entered my room as they wished using their key. This was done virtually daily and at all hours of the day. I do not know why housekeeping staff would enter my room with me there. They were obviously not in my room to clean it. The invasion of privacy was the most disturbing aspect of my stay at the hotel. I would have gladly given staff a show, if it prevented them from further entering my room while I was still there.

The noise level at the Le Pavillon Hotel is extreme. The walls appeared to be paper thin. I heard every sound and word spoken by guests in the adjacent rooms. The Le Pavillon Hotel is situated on a busy street. My room was located on the sixth floor of the hotel and I still heard all of the street noise.

A movie was being filmed on the evening of my arrival to the Le Pavillon Hotel. I went down to the hotel restaurant for dinner. After finishing my sixty dollar meal, I was informed by hotel staff that the filming crew was utilizing the lobby and the elevators. I was then told by hotel staff that I would have to wait to access my room because the elevators were inaccessible due to filming. I was held hostage in the hotel’s restaurant for five hours. I was allowed to return to my room when the filming crew finally took a break and the hotel staff permitted guests to utilize the dwelling’s elevator. The hotel staff appeared to be completely indifferent regarding the inconvenience they inflicted upon their guests.

On the third day of my stay at the Le Pavillon, there appeared to be an unspecified emergency at the hotel. In the early morning hours, a loud announcement was made informing guests that an emergency had been reported in the hotel. The announcement further instructed guests to immediately exit their rooms, proceed to the only stairwell in the hotel and evacuate the building. It appeared that this was a false alarm. However, the hotel staff failed to cancel the alarm. As I was evacuating the building, other guests had to advise me that this was a false alarm. I was appalled at the way the situation was handled. This false alarm could have turned disastrous. Hundreds of terrified guests evacuating the hotel via a single stairwell could have led to a stampede. I was shocked that the hotel staff failed to announce the false alarm after instructing guests to promptly evacuate the building via loud speaker. With their inaction, hotel staff displayed complete disregard for human life.

I will definitely refrain from staying at the historic Le Pavillon Hotel in the future. I would strongly advise others to do the same.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank Meticulous_One
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were overwhelmed by the elegance of this hotel. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful at all times. It is located within walking distance to French Qtr, Bourbon St, and Riverwalk. The hotel itself is very beautiful and filled with antiques. That being said, if you are looking for a modern/ contemporary hotel this is not it. If on the other hand you want a traditional southern beauty, this is it. We really enjoyed it and are planning on returning in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple