“Best stay ever at a hotel!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #86 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best stay ever at a hotel!”
Reviewed September 6, 2003

Had such a great stay, almost didn't want to leave the room. Had breakfast on the day of departure in the main dining room and had one of the best breakfast you could have, with excellent service.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2003

Le Pavillon is very elegant. Every detail is beautiful - for example the magnificent crystal chandeliers and the painted elevator doors. The concierge was extremely helpful in making suggestions, making reservations, and giving directions. The hotel is in a great location - in the business district with an easy walk to the French Quarter, Casino, and only a block to the street cars. The rooftop pool is awesome - a beautiful setting. We enjoyed breakfast in the hotel, the hotel bar, and even had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich one night.
We would definitely stay here again and give this hotel our highest recommendation.

2 Thank kaykay4800
Reviewed September 5, 2003

We travel quite a bit, so we have a lot of hotels to compare with Le Pavillon . In our opinion, Le Pavillon rank as one of the very best we have stayed in. The rooms were great and the hotel has a helpful and friendly staff. We are nobody special but we felt special at Le Pavillon Hotel. If we ever go back to New Orleans, we will certainly stay at Le Pavillon (if there is room). Thanks again for a great stay.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2003

Le Pavillon sit eh most enjoyable hotel I have stayed at in years. I kid you not. I was there for a conference, and I was amazed at the beauty of the antique furnishings. The entranceway is so grand, and the staff so welcoming. Since I was not there with my family, I was a little concerned about being alone. I felt very safe and taken care of.
The room was large and decorated within the style of the hotel. The houskeeping staff were so professional, that I didn't even know they had cleaned the room until I returned from a class to see a perfect job done! The pool on the rooftop made me feel like I was whisked to another place in time. I was so relaxed. I would bring my drink up there and just sit and look at the sun and sky - and the stars at night. I want to go back with my family. and have breakfast in the gorgeous ballroom with the staff, and have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cocoa at 10:00 PM! Really..

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2003

We stayed one memorable night in New Orleans on our way to Pensacola Beach. Le Pavillion was gorgous! Doormen, Bellman, conceirge, outstanding decor..... Our room was one with bay windows. There was a raised, decorated ceiling with a ceiling fan. The beds were covered with beautiful decorative pillows. The furnishings, linens and room decor were quite fancy. The bathroom was unbelievable! Wonderful shower, beautiful sink, and black tile floors. They even provide comfortable bath robes to use in the room. My children were extremely impressed! We all went for a midnight swim in the rooftop pool. It was an experience I think my kids will always remember fondly. We walked to the French Quarter. It is not far and we never felt threatened, but it may be safer to take a taxi. Our children are 3, 10 and 13. Valet parking is required and I believe it cost $25 per night. It is billed directly to the room. Most, if not all hotels in the French quarter area charge for parking. The cheapest hotel parking we saw was $10. We got the beautiful room at Le Pavillion for such a great price that we could afford to park too. Note: I recommend you have your own sodas, etc. They are quite pricey at the hotel. **We found that there is complementary bottled water, sport drinks, and fruit in the workout room. We would definately stay there again if we could get the room for such a good deal.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2003

Perfect -- couldn't have asked for more. Luxurious rooms, a wonderful staff, and great location all for a more than reasonable price.

Reviewed August 11, 2003

We didn't quite make it to Le Pavillon because a grandchild of ours had a life-threatening accident just as we were about to depart Baton Rouge for New Orleans. I called the hotel prior to their noon check out time as to prevent any inconvenience to them. This is my e-mail response to the hotel:

(quote)I telephoned your hotel at 11:00 yesterday morning (before your noon checkout time for your departing guests) informing the desk that my wife and I had received a near-death family emergency notice just an hour before I called and that we had been forced to cancel our plans to come there.

We live in Baton Rouge, just 55-minutes away. We are local Louisiana residents.

We were packed and ready to come to your hotel and had been in fond anticipation regarding our trip there for over a week when this news arrived regarding one of our grandchildren.

I telephoned you early enough to prevent creating any inconvenience to your hotel regarding our stay there.

I understand "policy"......I was aware of your 48-hour cancellation policy.... I cannot believe the audacity of you charging my credit card for a room when we didn't stay there. This is a slow time in New Orleans, and obviously a slow time for you (by offering such reduced rates). In what kind of way did this cause your facility enough inconvenience to warrant a charge to my credit card (other than your "policy")? Why didn't you charge me the additional $1.00 per night? Is it because we didn't actually stay at your hotel, therefore you cannot technically charge me for that?

Our New Orleans trip was merely postponed, and we still plan to visit the city for a few days. However, Le Pavillon will not be having us as their guests because of the spunk and audaciousness displayed by your "policy" for a mere $66.67.

My policy now has no alternative but to cause me to become obstinate toward your hotel as you are (obviously) toward me. I will spend my money at some other place, sirs. If others read this, they may (as well) reconsider their choices also.

Randy Metcalf

P.S. Your representative on the telephone reported to me, "......if it is decided to charge your credit card with this......". Poor decision.
(unquote)

As a local resident, I say the Le Pavillon can have their pomp and eat it too!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member