3,085 results
All reviewspb jpeanut butter and jelly sandwichesrooftop poolcrystal roomhot cocoapbj sandwichesbeautiful hotelfrench quarterold worldhot tubturn down servicebusiness districtbeautiful lobbybourbon streethigh ceilingsfew blocksloved this hotel
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were so tired and frustrated from the drive that took nearly twice as long as it should from Houston...so, arriving at the hotel was such a relief. The valet was very warm and welcoming, which made us right at home immediately. Upon entering, we knew this was a good choice. The place is beautiful and well-appointed. The desk clerks and bellhops were also very gracious and kind. The room was very attractive and spacious. There was also an unexpected gift for us to help us celebrate our anniversary....very generous and perfect after a long, stressful journey.

Turn-down service the first night was also unexpected and fun! Every staff member was genuine and kind, always going out of their way to greet us and make us feel welcomed.

The food was very good, but as with all hotels, pricey. The dinner buffet is easy. After an evening running the streets of New Orleans, it could be worth the money just for comfort and convenience! The breakfast buffet was even better, with friendly waitstaff and an expert omelettier!

We had cookies and bottled water waiting for us nightly, bath robes and so many other little things that made the stay such a treat!

Our room was right by the elevator, which made it a bit loud as the revelers turned in for the night, but it wasn't too bad. One staff member commented that some of the rooms are being updated and that we had one. It had a nice sitting area with a table and chairs for dining...bay window with a nice view. If getting a room away from the elevator would have deprived us of that, I would keep the room we had!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Beautifully decorated in an Old World elegance.....lots of beautiful chandeliers and appointed first class! The desk clerks were very professional as was the concierge. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and what a treat the late night peanut butter & jelly sandwiches were along with the hot chocolate. My daughter had stayed there previously and wanted me to see it. Because this was a second stay for her the manager sent up a basket of fruit & cookies! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for it's class, convenience to sights in New Orleans and service...worth the higher price!!

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are nice but the double bed rooms have extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our daughter wanted to go to Mardi Gras for her 21st birthday celebration so I decided to bring the entire family. I ended up using Orbitz and found when I arrived that all 3 rooms were Deluxe Kings instead of 2 doubles and 1 king. The desk clerk was more than helpful in finding us the double rooms needed and was more than accommodating. The The hotel was amazing, from the beautiful lobby to the hallways and finally the rooms. The cleanliness, turn down service and of course the PBJ sandwiches at night made the stay even more enjoyable. The room my wife and I were in (Deluxe King) did have a few minor issues with the bathroom, the sink would back up, the toilet would remain running at times and the shower leaked, though not enough to take away from the over all experience. Another great feature was the shower water pressure and the almost instantaneous hot water! The hotel is within walking distance of the French Quarter and The River walk. Valet parking is a bit high at $35.00 a day but it does offer in/out service 24/7. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New Orleans and even locals that want a weekend out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I am a New Orleans native and returned for a three-night business trip accompanying some foreign official visitors. I selected Le Pavillon for location (short walk to any business in the CBD and easy walk to French Quarter) and its “old school” feel. It truly is a class act – they don’t make hotels like this anymore: a magnificent and beautiful building, elegant interior decoration, and well-constructed with solid walls with crown molding in both public and private rooms. I read some of the negative reviews below of the rooms and thus almost did not stay here, but I am glad I ignored the comments. All four of us really liked our rooms – reminded me of some of the grand old hotels I stayed in New York City as a kid with my parents. The worst I can say is that the beds and pillows were merely ok. The staff is classic New Orleans friendly. My visitors loved Le Pavillon, as did I, and they came away from New Orleans with a positive feel for the city in no small part due to our delightful stay at Le Pavillon.

My only negative comment is over the breakfast buffet. The dining room is magnificent, but my advice is to skip their breakfast and walk down the street to any of the wonderful New Orleans cafes. The buffet costs $20, yet it was just a mediocre quality breakfast (rubbery fruit, cheap bread, low quality cheese, dry pasteries, basic cereal, etc). To add insult to injury, one is charged five dollars extra for the coffee and orange juice. The waiter innocently asks, “Would you like coffee and juice?” and the surprise comes when you sign for the bill. Sorry, Le Pavillon, but that is really a nickel and dime move on your part. Yet, bewilderingly, free coffee is offered every morning by the bar as you walk into the dining room. Go figure. Needless to say, I only ate there once.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank stepstra
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have been shopping for a hotel to call my "home away from home" in New Orleans. I have intentionally booked dozens of different properties in the downtown area looking for just the right hotel.

The Le Pavillon is exactly what I have been looking for!

The property is outstanding; very clean, well preserved building with a history, it's centrally located and the staff is professional and friendly. It's a very comfortable feeling; the surrounding, the staff and the location, it's just the perfect stay.

I often travel to New Orleans on businesses but I enjoy a weekend getaway with the family. This is the perfect place for any stay; for business travelers it convenient to any location downtown, easy to find and access, but you need to consider the statement made from conducting business at such a beautiful and well preserved history building, the staff is very professional and and it make quite a statement.

For pleasure it cant be beat, again convenience is important, but to surround your love ones with the splendor of this historic site and interact with the friendly and professional staff, you just can't go wrong.

I'll become a regular, I've finally found my "Home away from Home" for New Orleans.

Room Tip: Watch for specials! This is an exceptional 4 star property, even at full rate it's outstanding but occasionally you can get a special price and then you in first class at coach rates.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple