“Another stay--another pleasant experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #62 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Raleigh NC
“Another stay--another pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is my fifth stay at this hotel and I have stayed at many hotels in and around New Orleans over the last 16 years as I am there once a quarter on business. I love this hotel because it is clean, easy to access and some of the friendliest staff around. Since I have repeated stays, my staff was able to negotiate a good business rate that is lower than what I paid at much lower quality downtown hotels. My wife travels with me most of the time and thoroughly enjoys this hotel. I love the 10PM Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Gathering in the lobby. Hot cocoa, milk and sandwiches are available for guests.

It is an old hotel and some of the plumbing and room spacing can be challenging. I travel about 180 days a year with a visit in different cities each week (sometimes two in a week) so I am sensitive about hotel accommodations. The restaurant is sparsely occupied at night but the wait staff are attentive and friendly. The evening special can be hit or miss but I never had a significant issue with the food. I am staying there this week so this is fresh in my mind.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Prestoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I had a horrible flying experience...so actully getting to New Orleans was a trying. As soon as we got to Le Pavillion our whole evening turned around. Everyone was so nice and getting some PBJ's and check-in was a welcome sight. To add to our evening, there was a fruit basket in our room for being a return customer....What a classy touch that made us feel special!!! Thank you Le Pavillion for everything. We will be back!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

the day that I left I got a bill under my door for over $120 for parking for 3 nights. I was not told parking would cost that much. I was told that I had to use that parking no other options. I did not know how much it cost until i received the bill. The last day our room was not made up, we were gone until 5 pm so they had plenty of time. The hotel was elegant small rooms usually good service.
This seemed like a good rate but was not due to parking costs. I would not stay there again.

i

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank shandsnut
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We used United miles to stay here for two nights.

Arriving at an old style entrance is not great....people entering and exiting ONE set of tall french doors, up 2-3 steps....If you are handicapped, there must have been another entrance. (?). The entrance was ackward when you went to get your car...it's MUCH too tight for valet and people checking in. I'm surprised that they haven't changed this.

Hotel is old school glitz, very swanky. Check in was fast but the wait for the elevator took 7-8 minutes. Thank goodness we were on the 2nd floor and never used the elevator again! (used the steps just outside our door).

Room was good, we bring all our computer cords, extension cord was used for lap tops. Free wifi was great!! Loved the romantic old school feel of the room.

Bathroom: Good, except for NO shower curtain!, only 1/2 glass 'partition'! I hated getting water on everything! omg. this was weird. It was stressful taking a shower because you were trying to not splash too much!

TV was the Old kind. We watched American Idol and it was fine.

Had drinks in the bar, nice atmosphere.

Breakfast: Didn't do the buffet the first morning. There were only two-three wait staff and they were good but it took forever. Do NOT expect fast service, this is a different time zone. Food was good. Miss Patty Cakes makes the omelets, and was great.

Overall, we were happy. Moved onto the J.W. Marriot (due to meeting a friend) and it was nice to be in a modern hotel. We got to have both experiences.

I loved the antique feel of the hotel. Room service was good. I would stay here again if the price was right. Saw the roof pool, small but comparable to other hotels in similar settings. Gym was average size.

If you like antiques and authentic hotels, you will love Le Pavillion!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldtripper
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Beautiful facility with potential... Staff friendly... Under staffed... Gym is 85 degrees... Quality of food is sub par... Pool water murky... Pb&j is cool...

• Stayed May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

This hotel oozes class from the moment you walk up the steps to classical music and are greeted by the friendly doorman. The decor inside is beautiful and the staff ultra friendly and helpful. The free late night PBJ sandwiches and hot chocolate was a nice touch and gives the hotel a very welcoming feel. This place is ideally situated a few minutes walk from all the sights and sounds of the French Quarter so there is lots to do nearby but is a quiet refuge to return to. We had a great stay here and would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

service was excellent, loved the peanut butter & jelly, David the doorman was one in a million he really my our stay even more pleasent...he knew directions,events,about parking etc. He's an assett to the hotel!!! I had great Bitrhday at Le Pavillion!

• Stayed May 2011