“Chic yet suprisingly sensible and unpretentious”

International House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #70 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
everywhere
“Chic yet suprisingly sensible and unpretentious”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

A whimsical lobby welcomes you with a European sophistication...mood lighting and floral arrangements offer a delightful touch. No detail is overlooked here. The front desk and doormen are first class. Rockstar suites are a pragmatic option for anyone on a budget, or those seeking a romantic getaway. Loa's lounge is a nice place to begin the evening--a mix of hip, professional types. As for on-site dining, Ramblas offers a unique menu with an old-world Spanish charm.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to any business traveler or local who wants a hip, boutique experience without all the fuss.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Acworth, GA
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This was my first stay at this hotel but given the opportunity it will not be my last. My initial impression from driving up was "what have I gotten my self into" however, from the time I got out of the cab and was greeted by the doorman it was a pleasant surprise. The decor was very nice, very clean, and the service was exceptional. I most definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Mobile
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I had a wondeful experience at the International House. My friend and I drove to New Orleans for a day trip and as we were there we decided to stay the night. I usually stay in Hilton Brand hotels, but as we were finding a parking space near the French Quarter, we stumbled upon this hotel. We had already looked at a few other hotels that were available for the night, but this hotel had the friendliest staff of them all! Fortunately, they happened to have a rooms available. They gave us keys to look at a few different rooms. We chose the Rockstar room! It was very affordable. The catch was, there wasn't a window in the room. We enjoyed the quietness of the 11th floor and the darkness of the room in the morning. The lobby was very lively and beautiful. The hotel was in walking distance of everything in downtown New Orleans. The shower was huge, and we loved the Aveda shower products! The pillows were very comfortable. We had such a great experience that we decided that we had to stay there again another time. -Theresa Forbes

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I choose this hotel to host out of town guest for my Wedding. Had 12 rooms booked and I stayed there myself. Everyone loved the hoel. Great Location, Great Staff, Clean Rooms.

• Stayed July 2009
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Though my husband and I are locals, we love to take advantage of being tourists in our own city. We found this beautiful hotel by stumbling upon the hip and sexy candlelit 'Loa' lounge downstairs - which regularly provides our last nightcap before retiring for the evening... great bartenders - great cocktails!
We make IH our choice for a weekend of submersing ourselves in all that is New Orleans. This hip boutique hotel is in a great area of town, very close to all the action, but far enough from the constant noise to get a good night's rest.
The staff here have consistently been friendly and helpful without pretense - how refreshing!
The penthouse rooms are quite awesome but we have stayed in the more intimate queens as well and have been very comfortable. A few highlights to the amenities include a mini fridge for you to stock at your convenience (you'll want a few cold waters to rehydrate after a night on the town!), cd player with a few authentic New Orleans based artist's cd's to enjoy (or purchase), and Aveda bath and shower products.
The tapas restaurant 'Rambala' downstairs looks like a happening spot for dinner, breakfast is also served 7 - 10.
Things are always tidy and the beds and pillows are quite comfy... good thing as you will want to be well rested for a traditional New Orleans jazz brunch come Sunday morning!

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We are frequent travelers to New Orleans and have stayed at many hotels in the city. The International House is our absolute favorite place to stay in New Orleans. We love the smoke free environment and the fact that their bar is also smoke free. The Loa Bar is very chic and a great place to enjoy a drink on the comfy sofas and watch the views from the large windows that look out onto Camp Street. The hotels location is another reason we like it so much. It's close enough to the French Quarter to walk anywhere we want to go but far enough from it to be able to enjoy some quiet time as well. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Vienna
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I stayed at the IH for a conference.

Rooms are ok, but not extraordinarily spacious or hip. Lighting in the whole hotel is quite dim - but I knew this before booking, and had no problems with it.

The bar is nice but not a hotspot in the evening. The hotel lacks an outdoor facility, like a roof-terrace, which would be a cool location for the bar.

When I arrived the hotel didn't have my reservation, so I was assigned to a room without window (!). However, after the first night I was moved without any discussion to another room.

The hotel features free wireless LAN.

I cannot say anything especially bad or good about the hotel. My stay was ok, but I am not sure I would return to this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business