International House Hotel
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$289
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$286
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
Marriott Hotels
$432
$404
$332
$289
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$260
$269
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$338
$191
Travelocity
$382
$339
1,207 results
All reviewsloa baraveda productsrock star roomfrench quarterthe penthousewindowless roomcamp streetgreat lobbylobby bartwo blocksfront desk staffceiling fancanal streetthe central business districthigh ceilingswarehouse districtbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Let me try to remember the experience from the entrance of the hotel:

Good looking lobby with a nice fragrance in the air and candles lit everywhere. Cool looking seats too. But when you look close at these pretty looking things, they are actually mostly of low quality, not very clean and feel uncomfortable, such as the outside cloth of the chairs. This in fact summarizes what I feel about this hotel: a 4 star on the outside with a 2 star interior.

-Checkin was quite fast, but the staff was dressed in white slack sweat shirt and seemed casual and cold. Service quality is different from systematically trained staff at big chains.

-Elevator, carpet, handles, walls and paintings look old and had a dirty feel.

-HUGE bathroom, but average bathroom building materials (such as bathroom doors, handles, sink, mirror etc). Bath amenities are from Aveda.

-Bed was not comfortable. Fillings of the pillows and comforters feel like cheap synthetic materials.

-Wireless internet is free and works pretty well in my room.

-Decorations, furniture and finishings are at 2 star-3 star motel/hotel level.

-Checkout was fast and the staff was nicer than checkin staff.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank drpoints
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are thrilled that you loved the look and smell of our candle lit lobby, your speedy check in and free WIFI service. We take great pride in our non scripted big chain service.
The furniture of IH is all custom made by Louisiana artisans and was redone in the last year. Our beds are the super comfy Simmons Beauty Rest 2, Plush and we are sorry that you did not find them comfortable. We do hope that you will return to IH in the very near future so that we can show off our new seasonal uniforms. Sharp black jackets, custom made by a New Orleans designer.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at IHH at the end of September 2013. The location is perfect - located on the edge of the French Quarter so easy walking distance to all the bars, restaurants, shopping etc but quieter at night than staying somewhere in the Quarter! We arrived a couple hours before check in and the front desk was great about getting us into our rooms early! We had a Corner King room and we loved it. The bed was comfortable, the room was very big, and the bathroom (no tub) was really nice and had all the amenities we would need! We had drinks in the hotel bar a couple of times and we loved it. The bartenders make really good drinks and are really creative and friendly. The one negative aspect of the hotel was that it didn't have a kitchen so you couldn't order room service or have food while sitting in the bar. This wasn't that big of a deal since the food in NOLA is amazing so we probably wouldn't have ordered room service anyway but snacks a the bar would have been nice. Overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Corner King rooms are great - although if you are not used to city noise you might want to request a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at the International House and had a wonderful time. The room itself was ready on time, impeccably clean, and quiet despite facing the main road. The best part of the hotel was the customer service, the folks at the front desk were extremely helpful with recommendations for anything I asked. Great restaurants, places to hear music, and ways to get out of the area and see the sites, all recommendations were top notch. The location was key, a quick walk to Bourbon St and the rest of the French Quarter, while still being far enough away for a quiet nights rest when you're done experiencing the city. Would absolutely stay again, hoping we get down to visit again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been to New Orleans several times and this is by far my favorite place to stay. This is my go to NOLA hotel because it's incredibly clean and well cared for, the staff are very helpful, the aveda bath products are great, and it is an easy five minute walk to the French Quarter. This is also an incredibly affordable New Orleans hotel. The rooms aren't huge but are modern and spotless. Parking is average cost for a New Orleans hotel. I always find great deals on the hotels website. I am very particular about the hotels that I stay in- I do my research and like a clean, modern hotel with a great staff and this fits the bill. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to New Orleans!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with the class enclosed shower- no tub and no shower curtain!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Juaos
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just spent four nights here and was very happy. As mentioned the lobby is lovely and welcoming. Big oversized furniture with white slip covers make it chic looking. The staff was very welcoming and helpful from beginning to end. They made great suggestions of places to eat, things to see and places to avoid. The room itself was fine, decorated in white and black to give a chic look. Not huge, but had everything that we needed. There is a bit of a musty odor I think from the humidity, but once we increased the A/C it disipated. The beds were comfortable with crisp linens. The hotel is one block off Canal which makes it centerally located to both the river and the French Quarter, but keeps it relatively quite which made us pleased. It's one block from the St. Charles Street street car which takes you to the Garden District too.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple