International House Hotel
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$151
$117
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
$138
$102
1,221 results
All reviewsloa baraveda productsrock star roomfrench quarterthe penthousewindowless roomcamp streetgreat lobbylobby bartwo blocksfront desk staffceiling fancanal streetthe central business districthigh ceilingswarehouse districtbed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is beautiful and not your chain hotel. My room was small but simple and pretty - all black and white. The bed was comfortable enough, and the room was plenty big for one person, probably two, assuming you don't plan on spending all your time inside. The lobby, elevators, and bar are just gorgeous. Service was professional and very courteous.

The location was perfect - I walked to the convention center one way and the French Quarter the other.

Only downside was no food and no restaurant right next door, but plenty of places to eat if you don't mind walking a few blocks.

Room Tip: I had a view of a parking garage, but I didn't mind. There are views of the river, so you could probably ask for that. I was near the elevator but never heard it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

So this is located on Camp St. which is not Canal and a little bit of a walk from Canal so why so expensive? I could have done without the extremely dark ambiance of the lobby. But the lobby smelled nice and was spacious with tons of seating which I liked. The rude woman who checked me in was a complete nightmare. When I complained, the guest services manager seemed to shrug it off and reverberate what the employee had told me...information that I did not need and did not address the point of my complaint. I did not complain about rules, I complained about the rude treatment I received but apparently they don't get it.

Many of the employees were nice and helpful. I am not much for having doors held open for me but they did it every time I walked through the doors which was nice. Offered to call a taxi and gave me info I needed. It was just the first woman and subsequent handling of my complaint on that rude woman who checked me in that I was disgusted with.

The room was not too clean. Found freshly chewed pieces of gum in the bathroom and shower was grimy with water spots on fixtures. Aveda products were basically nice but the mint soap was irritating to my skin. Room was warm and humid when I walked in. Not the cleanest feeling room and smelled weird. I hate humidity on blankets and towels, etc... and humidity was abundant inside the room. The AC cooling system was controlled by a thermostat and I had it all the way on 60 because it was so hot in the room and the AC didn't work too well. It wasn't even that hot outside. Missing a bathmat when I walked in so had to use a towel on the floor.

They don't even have one washer/dryer. You have to use their overnight DRY CLEANING service or get to French Quarter for laundromat. One computer in lobby and bar is expensive. Don't expect to get a great view from any room in this hotel.

Room Tip: Map out laundromats and convenience stores as there is no washing facility here and no vending machines.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you liked the Aveda products and the scent in our lobby. We actually have it customed blended. We are sorry that you found our 2 blocks from Canal Street location to be too far from Canal Street and that we do not offfer washing and drying machines. Our customer service is something that we take great pride in so thank you for pointing out the challenge that you had. If we do not hear about these issues we cannot fix them so thank you. We do hope to see you at IH again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is our second time staying at International House and again we were very pleased. The decor of the hotel has changed from our last visit but the ambience we loved was definitely still there. Check-in was quick and was pleasantly surprised that our room was not the window-less room we were expecting from our booking. Free wi-fi was provided. Another pleasant discovery, we were less than five minutes away from Mother's Restaurant on Poydras, and enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Unfortunately, we were not able to enjoy the bar amenitiies located at the hotel but definitely plan to do so on our next stay at International House.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melisa G
Reviewed June 4, 2013

On the last minute we decided to join some friends in New Orleans for the weekend, not knowing it was the Oyster Fest. We found the name of the International House on Camp Street after calling several other places and could not find a room affordable to us. They had a room available just a few blocks from where our friends were staying and a few blocks from Bourbon Street. They had sevured parking and this place was Awesome, beautiful and so very nice. I cant wait to go back, which we will because we only live 2 1/2 hours from New Orleans, and we will definitely stay there again. We have stayed alot of places there and this was by far the BEST.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night in a corner king room. Even though we arrived a bit early the room was ready which was great. Huge windows gave the room lots of light and a spacious feel. Bed was very comfortable. The Staff was very helpful and accommodating. The location was also a plus, out of the quarter but just a block away. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013