“Cool decor, classy”

International House Hotel
Ranked #72 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Convenient location accessible to both French quarter and business district and arts district, cool bar, friendly service and professional staff. A little noisy with truck traffic in morning and baths could use a little freshening and better shower heads. Beds very clean and comfortable with nice linens.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for International House Hotel

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'm in and out of the city on a regular basis, and really enjoyed IH - nice stylish feel with high ceilings and soft lights, great little bar, rooms of comfort and size (I did have a free upgrade which landed me a corner room with a panaoramic view). Very easy location for cbd, the quarter or the warehouse district. Staff was helpful, friendly, engaging. All good, and will definitlely return.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at International House - checking in the day after the SuperBowl - the week before Mardi Gras. A pretty busy time in New Orleans. The International House is in a good location - easy walking to the French Quarter and the Warehouse district without the throngs of tourists. The room was large and decorated in a minimalist style (read bed, chair, table). Overall I think the rooms were pretty basic but had all that we needed. The rooms were a little damp and just-so-slightly musty but I suspect that is a product of an old building in New Orleans and not a problem with the hotel itself. I appreciated the large windows with all the natural lighting. The bed was very comfortable. Myself and my guest had to wrestle over the limited closet space however.

The public areas of the hotel are very hip and inviting. We had drinks in the small bar one night and enjoyed ourselves. We also used the gym which had adequate equipment, good AV and, happily, was buried in a musty basement. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The location is super,you can walk to any of the prime locations offered in NOLA. The front end employees are friendly the bar, You can get to anywhere in 15min walk. when to Emeril's on julia street. Nice food, great ambiance . The hotel is quiet,and reserved. I really enjoyed staying here, and would stay again. Thank-you

Room Tip: This Hotel is a gem, it does not matter what floor you stay on you are going to sleep well.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

So why do I give it a poor rating? Key machine broken so no keys the first day there. I paid extra for a king size bed and an Apple TV system in the room. The TV never worked even after engineering fixed it. No coffee in the room. No restaurant. No snack or convenience store in the hotel. No exercise facility. All that said, I'm used to staying with the big boys. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, etc.. As a matter of fact, I was booked at a Sheraton in New Orleans to attend a business conference. They "walked" me to the International House. I empahsize walked because that was the term they used to descibe what was happening to me because they had oversold the hotel. Oh they picked up the tab for the first night, but I would have much rather been at the Sheraton. Call me a square but I was on a business trip and the business was to be transacted at the Sheraton, not at some boutique hotel with no amenities. For what the rooms were I guess they were ok. I mean it is attractive enough and they did have a nice bar/lounge but I like somewhere to have breakfast in the hotel and I'm always wanting a snack from a hotels little convenience counter. The staff was nice. For what it is, and if you don't care about the amenities, I think you would be happy with the property and its location.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter. Most are small and you don't come here for the view.
2  Thank STEVE D
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My fiancé and I have stayed here once before and had a great experience so we decided to go back for valentines day weekend. It did not disappoint. Aside from a great location right off of canal the hotel is really nice and unique. Not to mention its far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of canal that it still has a cozy feel. If youre bringing a special someone this is definitely a good pick. The lobby area is very cool and unique as well

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rufus J
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our favorite place to stay every time we visit New Orleans. This hotel has a super helpful staff, impeccably clean rooms, and a fabulous location. The rooms are priced moderately, but we always feel like high society when we walk in the doors. This hotel is our number one go-to each time we plan a vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple