“nice little hotel”

International House Hotel
Ranked #72 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The location is super,you can walk to any of the prime locations offered in NOLA. The front end employees are friendly the bar, You can get to anywhere in 15min walk. when to Emeril's on julia street. Nice food, great ambiance . The hotel is quiet,and reserved. I really enjoyed staying here, and would stay again. Thank-you

Room Tip: This Hotel is a gem, it does not matter what floor you stay on you are going to sleep well.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

So why do I give it a poor rating? Key machine broken so no keys the first day there. I paid extra for a king size bed and an Apple TV system in the room. The TV never worked even after engineering fixed it. No coffee in the room. No restaurant. No snack or convenience store in the hotel. No exercise facility. All that said, I'm used to staying with the big boys. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, etc.. As a matter of fact, I was booked at a Sheraton in New Orleans to attend a business conference. They "walked" me to the International House. I empahsize walked because that was the term they used to descibe what was happening to me because they had oversold the hotel. Oh they picked up the tab for the first night, but I would have much rather been at the Sheraton. Call me a square but I was on a business trip and the business was to be transacted at the Sheraton, not at some boutique hotel with no amenities. For what the rooms were I guess they were ok. I mean it is attractive enough and they did have a nice bar/lounge but I like somewhere to have breakfast in the hotel and I'm always wanting a snack from a hotels little convenience counter. The staff was nice. For what it is, and if you don't care about the amenities, I think you would be happy with the property and its location.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter. Most are small and you don't come here for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank STEVE D
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My fiancé and I have stayed here once before and had a great experience so we decided to go back for valentines day weekend. It did not disappoint. Aside from a great location right off of canal the hotel is really nice and unique. Not to mention its far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of canal that it still has a cozy feel. If youre bringing a special someone this is definitely a good pick. The lobby area is very cool and unique as well

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rufus J
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our favorite place to stay every time we visit New Orleans. This hotel has a super helpful staff, impeccably clean rooms, and a fabulous location. The rooms are priced moderately, but we always feel like high society when we walk in the doors. This hotel is our number one go-to each time we plan a vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris7893
Reviewed February 14, 2013

very cool boutique hotel with W feel. Funky rooms, white linen sheets and great bathrooms. Close to canal and a short walk to french quarter this hotel is a great alternative to the big chains. Doorman knew my name and i must say walking back thru that lobby everyday made me feel like a rockstar!

Room Tip: ask fro room on PH level..there are a few up there with balconys!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RobKNewYork
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We spent four nights here. The staff was helpful, pleasant and attentive. The decor was upscale and very attractive. The bedding was very comfortable. The designers spent a lot of creative energy and money on the decor, so it is puzzling to us why there was a comfy arm chair tucked into a dark corner of our room with no side table for a drink or lamp for reading. The location just two blocks from the French Corner and a block from the St. Charles Avenue Mardi Gras parades was excellent. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilovebirdsky
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited New Orleans for my boyfriend's birthday and stayed at this hotel based on price (we paid ~ $250/night pre tax) and location. The hotel is about a 5 - 10 minute walk from the French Quarter, which is great since things are easily accessible but the hotel itself is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is very clean and modern, but has a very unique feel...a little creepy, in fact. Be warned - at night, the lobby feels a little bit like a gothic funeral...and the bar is similarly strange. The reception desk is an homage to JFK and Steve Jobs. There is currently no restaurant at the hotel or room service, so that is a disadvantage (mostly in terms of breakfast). The staff was very nice and attentive. On both days we were there, the housekeeping staff oddly left a number of cleaning products in our room. On the whole, I probably wouldn't make a return stay - and not because of anything in particular other than the vibe didn't quite sit right with me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple