“Great value!”

Ranked #102 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Seattle, Washington
“Great value!”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We were very pleased with our stay here. The place isn't fancy and it is definitely older (which, I think is part of the charm). However, our room was very clean and comfortable. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the pool, and we didn't have any problem with noise. Each person we spoke with at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. They have upgraded their continental breakfast to include fruit (along with waffles, yogurt, different choices of bread, coffee and juice). The only thing that wasn't perfect was the location- it's located on the edge of the French Quarter. It is certainly within easy walking distance, but not right in the middle of things. I felt safe walking to and from the hotel. For the price, this was an excellent place to stay and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeattleGster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed in this property for a week and had not issues at all.
The property is older, but fine. All amenities worked well. Beds were very comfortable and great pillows (this is not normally the case in many large chain hotels I have stayed in as a business traveller).
We stayed in room 211 and it was one of the larger rooms without being a suite.
Clean rooms, 2 pools, one with shade and another for the sun worshippers. Lots of loungers. They were cool at times but you get over it when you are hot.
Friendly staff and decent continental breakfast including make yourself waffles.
My only advise would be to include some fruit for breakfast. Most continentals include fruit.
More character that the concrete giants and better value. ($629.00 U.S. for a week)
Short, safe walk to the French Quarter (6 blocks straight south) and short/safe walk to Bourbon (3 block south, 3 blocks west to the beginning of Bourbon), no issues at all, 4 of us came back at midnight most nights and no problems at all.
Gets busy and loud on weekends but hey, you are in New Orleans, what do you expect?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corbs13
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The hotel looks cute from the outside but still needs updating. We had to change rooms because there was a 2 inch gap in the door at the bottom and the shower was rusty, The room was hot in the middle of the night and the beds were hard in all 3 rooms we had. When we checked in they were thorough but yet when my camcorder was stolen the desk clerk couldn't help and the general manager never followed up with me. I am a professional in customer service and expected more from management but no one seemed interested. I will pay extra at another hotel to avoid these issues in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed over a weekend, the price seemed to vary on how busy the hotel was, Room was small and clean, however the door was damaged where it had been forced at sometime, The room safe as advertised had no key,Our room was next to the pool which had guest using it all hours as they fell home drunk, making it very noisey, The Wifi wasn,t working for 2 days. Car parking was $20 per night. and the voucher from the tourist board wasn't excepted as they where busy. Breakfast was inculded and is very good, The staff showed no interest when the above was mentioned

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Situated at top end of French Quarter so you could walk to French Market, Bourbon St and other attractions. Lovely old building and good sized pool in courtyard but noise from roads and other guests using pool late at night did not allow for a good sleep. Parking on site cost $25 and when added to room rate did not make for cheap accommodation. The Continental Breakfast was okay but there was no fresh milk for coffee only vanilla or hazelnut syrups, a bit too sweet for us. We stayed for two night and our room was not serviced, when I complained to reception on our return to the hotel that evening we were told there was nothing they could do but would make a note of it. With no clean towels and full waste bins we were not happy but even worse when we checked out the next morning the receptionist did not seem bothered, She did suggest we filled in a comments card but otherwise felt there was nothing she could do. As this is an independent hotel, I would have thought they would have cared more.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tish_10
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We were in New Orleans for a conference at the convention centre and for jazzfest and touristing. This was a perfect place for us. It has New Orleans character, superb staff, and a pretty good location. We were quite happy to be in this 3 star hotel with character rather than in our colleague's fancy Hilton room, even though our room was fairly small. The bed was comfy and our room opened onto a shared balcony overlooking a pool area - a wonderful place to sit and relax where we could barely hear the traffic on Rampart St but rather listened to the fountains falling into the pool. It is located on the edge of the French Quarter and is a nice walk to the busier areas of the quarter (through residential streets) - in about 5-10 minutes, we would be on one of the main drags. As two women, we were careful walking back at night and did take cabs the last few blocks a number of times since we don't know the area well and the residential streets are very quiet. But it was well worth it to be staying at such a nice place. It was well located to catch the city bus to the Jazzfest grounds - and we were treated with a surprise crawfish feast by the hotel one night!! Amazing. We will be recommending this hotel to our friends. Thanks so much to Blake and staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank NOLAfans
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I was in New Orleans for an event at the Mahalia Jackson Theatre. I was on a tight budget and needed something safe, affordable, and from which the theatre would be easily accessible by car. I booked my room at this hotel online. When I checked in, I was very happily surprised to find it met all of my needs, and did so with style.

It's a lovely hotel; the common areas are welcoming and nicely appointed. The pool and courtyard area are clean and pretty, with lots of attractive details. My room was comfy and cozy, with smoothly worn brick floors and full, door-sized shutters for privacy. I was there on a Saturday night and my room opened directly onto the pool area but I had no problem with noise. Perhaps the fountains in the pool act as white noise? I slept great.

I was a little nervous about the neighborhood. The hotel is on the very edge of what I would consider a safe area in New Orleans. I would not venture north of Rampart St on foot. Still, I walked south to and from the French Quarter (maybe 3 or 4 blocks?) in the daytime and had no problems. When I drove back from my nighttime event, I had only to call the hotel desk and someone came across the street to let me into the secure parking area and walk with me back to the hotel's front door. As a woman alone, I found this extra bit of service very reassuring.

I definitely recommend this charming hotel and intend to stay again on my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo