Admittedly, this hotel was among the cheaper options in the French Quarter at $120 a night.
And admittedly, I did see one review on Tripadvisor saying "Bring your own Lysol!" among all the positive reviews. But I thought: It can't be that bad.
I'm about to pack my things and head to a $200 a night hotel because:
- the room is tiny and has no window
- it bears no resemblance to the picture shown on Priceline.com when I booked
- the internet does not work in the room
- the water takes forever to heat
- rain leaked from the ceiling onto my bed last night
- the breakfast is bland and cookie cutter
- the shower-head is in crusty and in dire need of a clean (Bring your own Lysol!)
- there was traffic noise all night from the main road the hotel is situated on
The one good thing I will say about the New Orleans Courtyard Hotel is that they were willing to cancel my second night on short notice, and for that I'm most grateful.
In all honesty, if you're in your 20s and/or super-budget conscious, this hotel may be for you - there's a nice pool and the place itself is easy on the eye - but personally I'd prefer to pay $80 more and enjoy clean, friendly surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Owners 2009. The New Orleans Courtyard Hotel is one of several historic New Orleans homes and cottages that have been lovingly restored and converted into beautifully appointed Rooms, spacious Multi-bedroom Suites, luxury Townhouses and charming Cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your New Orleans Courtyard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Courtyard Hotel
- New Orleans Courtyard
- Courtyard New Orleans