“Very nice and clean room”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #25 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlsbad
“Very nice and clean room”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here in a suite and loved how large the rooms was with very tall vaulted ceilings.

Downstairs was a nice bar that we hung out in and they even had a breakfast place that looked very neat but was unable to eat there.

Walking distance to Bourbon Street and everything downtown since we are in the French Quarter.

Valet was very pricey but worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ARS819
Derek C, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I am happy to hear that you had a great stay at Hyatt French Quarter and enjoyed the room that you stayed in.
I hope that you will consider Hyatt French Quarter for any future visits to New Orleans.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
PA
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel, as with the first stay it was great! Love the rooms, location, we felt safe walking back from Bourbon St. at night, friendly and accommodating staff. We will definitely stay again on our next trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for staying with us again while in New Orleans. I was happy to hear that you had another great experience.
Look forward to being your hotel of choice while in New Orleans for any future visits.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We came to New Orleans for a friend's 40th birthday. We booked separately but were able to get an adjoining balcony on Bourbon Street. We loved it. It is noisy but hey you're on Bourbon Street. The people watching from our balcony was fun, as was the entire trip. The hotel is perfectly located for the French Quarter.

Room Tip: If you want quiet get an interior room. But if you want the full flavor of the French Quartet get th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear that you had a great time in one of our Bourbon Street balcony rooms.
We hope to be your hotel of choice when traveling to New Orleans.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Hyatt this past weekend and we loved it! The first room we were assigned to did not have a balcony (that I had read so much about in previous reviews) and the windows did NOT open. (Yikes to anyone who doesn't like confined spaces) I immediately called downstairs and they upgraded our room FOR FREE with a balcony and view of Dauphine Street. The room, especially the bathroom was impeccable. And that says A TON because I'm a huge stickler for bathroom cleanliness. The hotel concierge suggested a really great restaurant and made reservations for dinner one night. We also had room service for lunch and ate the best BLT ever! I ordered a Bloody Mary from the pool bar (which by the way was very relaxing) and the drink came with a slice of bacon and shrimp! OMG, delicious. All in all, I would absolutely stay there again. Thanks Hyatt!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, SO MUCH nicer!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your time at Hyatt French Quarter. I was also happy to hear that we were able to get you into a room that you felt more comfortable in compared to the first room you were given.
Hope to see you again at Hyatt French Quarter!
Brisbane
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in late April 2014 (the weekend before the Jazz festival). The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are massive (ours faced onto Iberville St), modern and very clean. The bed was also pretty comfy. The main thing that detracted from our stay was the massive air conditioning vent that blows straight onto your face all night. It is so loud that every time it clicked on through the night (to keep the temp in the room consistent) it would wake me up - so my stay wasn't very restful! Other than this, the room was very good and the location can simply not be beat. It's very central, whilst at the same time being on the quieter fringe of the French Quarter.

Whilst I do not think I'd ever return to New Orleans (I think it was enough to have simply been there once), if I did I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding the air vent in the room. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Engineering. It is feedback like yours that allows us to continually work on improving the product and the level of service we provide.
I'm happy to hear that if ever back in New Orleans, you will stay at Hyatt French Quarter.
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights in April for Wrestlemania. As there were three of us travelling prior to booking a hotel we struggled to find ssomewhere which could accommodate us. However the staff at the Hyatt were excellent and spoke to us in the UK via Skype and arranged a suite for us with three beds. When we arrived the greeting was warm and efficient which was great after a long journey. The suite was huge and spotlesslly clean. The best hotel room I have stayed in and if I ever return to New Orleans I would stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback for your stay during WrestleMania. What a great event! I'm happy to hear that you will come back and stay with us when back in New Orleans.
Camarillo, California
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Have been to New Orleans 4 or 5 times over the past 10 years and would rate this hotel very high on the list of places that we have stayed. The location is excellent for walking to restaurants and sites. We stayed 5 nights in mid May and one of the nights was a little noisy from Bourbon Street, but nothing that you couldn't overlook. Hotel is very clean and modern looking with helpful staff. We did not get a balcony room, but the room we had was spacious and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, but the bathroom a little smaller than I would have expected (e.g., only a single sink). Other than this and the minor inconvenience of one noisy night I would have rated this a five for sure. We got a great package deal through Southwest Airlines that included room and air fare. The hotel restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch and we took advantage of that for our breakfast most days before heading out to the sites. We have stayed a number of times at Le Pavilion (which we do like as well) outside the French Quarter, but decided to try something different this trip. While the Hyatt does not have the old world ambiance of some of the other NO hotels, it was every bit as good as Le Pavilion which is also rated high on visitors ratings. Bottom line, is this was a great experience and will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple