“Made my Anniversary Awesome!”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Made my Anniversary Awesome!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed there from Saturday September 28 to Wednesday October 2 and it was amazing. Magen, whom I spoke to a few days prior to checking in was there when we did check in. Kudos to her! So efficient and friendly! She even had the hotel send up wine and a fruit bowl. While we didn't opt for the balcony our room was a courtyard view and very nice. It was also very quiet. Even with the construction that was constant in the city our room still remained very quiet. The hotel is right next to everything. Red fish Grill's bbq oysters are incredible. Also had their bloody mary and it was like a meal! (although I wouldn't recommend having them together too heavy together...stop by and have one then set out for exploring! The room was neat and clean, the bed was very comfortable, and I liked the seating area. Having a refrigerator was very convenient. I always like an in room safe and the closet was big. The shower while big and modern with the glass door leaked terribly and even with my best attempts at clues in the room housekeeping didn't understand to leave me tea bags (didn't speak English so had to pantomime what I wanted) The concierge was always very pleasant told us about a nice place for a quick bite to eat but the recommended tour for cemetery was OK. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want quiet try for a courtyard view. Keep in mind that some rooms have no windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank msnurse133

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the hyatt for the last three days, great location, walking distance to most things. Our room 266 was over looking the street, which was noisey until 4am, why do cars have sound systems so loud it rattles your hotel room window ? We changed rooms the next day to 220. Guess what, from midnight a construction team started next door until next morning! Nothing the hotel staff could do, but be warned for a noisey stay at this hotel. Bourbon st at night was sleazy, 7 pm and people vomiting in the street along with people begging for money, if you really wanted to see new orleans go to french mans st for decent food and great jazz and blues sounds. If you do a tour watch out for the visitor information centre , they will take a deposit of twenty dollars for your tour, when paying for your tour they will charge the full amount, what about the deposit I asked , I'll have to make a phone call and check that was the answer,even though I had a receipt ! He eventually gave me back 20 cash. Travellers beware! Now we have done New Orleans, I would not bother coming back again, we are seasoned world wide travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris T
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since our stay and I can't remember the exact layout of the room. I do remember that the hotel was in a great location and was decorated very nicely. We would definitely suggest a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
California
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked a three night stay at this hotel. On day number three I had a run in with a cockroach in the bathroom of our room. I called the front desk to inform them. They offered to spray the room, which was perfect, anything to insure that none of them would hitch a ride home in our luggage...yuck! I let the front desk know we would be leaving for the day if they wanted to send the tech up and spray and clean the room since it hadn't been cleaned the previous day. Later that evening I returned to the hotel, went up to my room, but was unable to unlock the door. My card was deactivated, at this point I went down to the front desk to get a new card, but instead of getting a new card I was greeted by two security guards that escorted me back to my room. Once at the room I was informed that I needed to gather all my belonging and that I was being kicked out of the room for vandalism. "For vandalism, all I did was call about a cockroach", the security guard then told me the vandalism was that I had moved the alarm clock/ iPod player. Really! Yes I moved it so I could listen to my music on the balcony but it wasn't a permanent fixture in it original spot so how is that vandalism. I was escorted out of the hotel! Had to find another hotel to stay in that last night. Did I mention I booked the Hyatt with kayak and had paid the hotel in full and got no reimbursement for the last night. Horrible experience! I'm sure rooms get trashed there all the time, I mean it's New Orleans and in the French quarter no less, but moving an alarm clock is not vandalism!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Wildwilezzz
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Everything up to standard - great staff, etc. My room was on the side of the hotel that was on what looked like a quiet street but unfortunately there was a hole-in-the-wall bar called The Alibi which attracted people till 3 or 4am. There was a man each night playing a drum outside too which had I got the chance would have had it inserted in him. Added to that both nights I stayed there were garbage trucks emptying what sounded like huge bins of bottles TWICE in the early morning hours. No sleep!!!

Room Tip: Not on the side street with the ALIBI Bar!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank arbourstone
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice hotel, we stayed here for 5 days. The staff was friendly especially Missy at the concierge and the location is an easy walk to anywhere especially Bourbon St. There is some left over party goers which you may here early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philip B
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here in June and it was perfect. The location is steps from must-dine restaurants, tourist attractions and Bourbon Street.
The rooms are spacious, modern and clean.
Our basic room even had a couch and chaise.
I was with a group of other young people, and hotel security did a good job of ensuring we remained quiet.
While here, make sure you go to a jazz bar on Frenchman St. and go on a gator tour with Airboat Adventures!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends