“Clean rooms, friendly service, awesome location”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #26 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a wonderful stay.We had awesome guest service. Everyone was checking on us, and making sure our stay was great. The rooms were very clean and comfy. The pool was great and clean, with great bar service. I love "The Batch". It is the bar downstairs with late night snacks and a wide choice of drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dsestep

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights here in mid July. Location is excellent, with immediate access to Bourbon and Canal. Whether you are walking to Jackson Square or catching a street car on Canal to go uptown, the hotel is conveniently located. Staff was friendly and very accommodating, as I asked if I could check in several hours early and was told it would be no problem! Rooms were very new and updated, very comfortable. We had a room with no exterior windows, just a window on the front side of the room that faced an interior atrium. That was a little odd, but it was not a problem at all since we spent most of our time out of the room. Pool wasn't fancy, but on a hot New Orleans day it did just fine! I'd stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Interior rooms had no external windows, but were very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Vincent was amazing! He was extremely helpful with our bags, mapping out safe places to go, where to avoid, answering all of our questions about NOLA, and he even offered to get us ice before leaving our room. He even checked in on us one more time before we left to hit up Bourbon St. Would recommend valet 100% because it was prompt and easy. The room isn't what we expected..but in a good way. It was larger than most hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, complete with a seating area and we only had a standard king room. Clean clean clean. Will be staying here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from July 5-8. Very nice hotel, with very friendly and accommodating staff. This is the perfect location. Close to Bourbon Street, many restaurants and in my opinion, walking distance to Jackson Square, the Superdome, Casino, and the Convention Center. I will definitely stay t this hotel again and ave recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet, be sure you ask for a room in the middle of the hotel. The room I was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yoli1992
Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the minute you walk into the Hyatt French Quarter, you'll be blown away by the sleek and well-appointed decor.
The staff is friendly, helpful and professional.
Don't be fooled by where the other hotels say they're located, this hotel is right around the corner from the Bourbon St. craziness and everything else, like Canal and Royal!
The hotel rooms feel more like an Upper West Side NYC apt. than a regular hotel room; which was a nice surprise.
And the icing on the cake . . . a nice, tall gentleman offered to hail a cab for me and carry my luggage to the curb . . . turns out that man was the hotel General Manager!
Every bit of my hotel stay felt upscale, yet wrapped in true southern comfort.
If you're a young professional (like myself) or a small family, don't look anywhere else; the Hyatt French Quarter is the place you want to stay.
I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are quiet. It takes some time to navigate around the maze-like hotel floors...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank audreyess
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel was located 1/2 block off of Bourbon Street, great location, close to the action, but not so close that it was too loud. Room was large with high ceilings and lots of windows. Great service from everyone we talked to. The cafe in the lobby had good food and huge portions. We had breakfast there every morning and was very happy with it. First morning, it was too much food, so we knew we could get less the next days. Pool was delighful, just what we needed after being out with the party the night before. Entire place was clean and rooms were too. I would stay here again gladly.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the street if you like to people watch.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This French Quarter Hyatt hotel gets four thumbs up from me and my sister! Not only is it a beautiful hotel, its location is prime. Close enough to soak in the craziness of Bourbon street, but just at the cusp such that you can veer off as you wish if you've had just enough of crazy. Not to mention their attention to detail! Upon arrival, the concierge asked what brings me to New Orleans. I mentioned I was celebrating my 30th birthday. Within minutes of settling into our beautiful hotel room, we were delightfully surprised with a bottle of champagne. What a way to start out the trip. Thank you Hyatt French Quarter!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends