New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #144 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have traveled all over the world, in many 3rd world countries. This hotel was worse than most of those hotels! It was absolutely DISGUSTING! It smelled, paint was chipping, holes and stains all over the comforter and sheets, and what looked like blood spatter all over the curtains. It honestly looked like our room had been the setting of a murder. I have never stayed in such a HORRIBLE hotel EVER. Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mimi O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a destination wedding on Jackson Sq. The place was quaint, but really needs new carpeting, some cosmetic repairs, a new elevator, and some paint. The rooms had one painted over brick wall adding to the quaintness. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rbciao
Bushnell, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While the hotel is nearby action it is not kept up maintenance-wise. Stains on carpets, tubs and walls. Mattress was old and lumpy. Elevator didn't work the first day we arrived. And it was extremely loud all night long.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you're open to a little rough around the edges, but want close in for a great value, this is for you. Went for a wedding and friends stayed close by for $175-300/night while this was $85/night. Were hardley in our room but to sleep anyways. The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank michelleannef23
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

A more accurate rating for this hotel would be 2.5 stars: below average, but not poor. We got this hotel randomly on Priceline and after I read the reviews, I was freaking out, but I couldn't get out of it. The front desk staff was friendly to us. The first thing I did in the room was check for bugs/critters, but I found no roaches, bedbugs, mice or any evidence thereof. The room is shabby but the linens and towels were clean and the bathroom was clean (no hairs or anything gross). Our room was on the 4th floor. Yes, the elevator is old and smells funky. That's not really a deal breaker for me, though. The room can get a bit noisy with horns honking and general street noise from the French Quarter, which I think you would find of most hotels here. There was also a restaurant fume smell permeating the entire fourth floor in the evening when we came back from dinner, so I think they have some ventilation issues related to neighboring businesses. It either went away eventually or we got used to it.

I like a really nice hotel as much as the next person, but this was ok for me as a place to lay my head. The location is super convenient for NOLA nightlife, shopping, eating and fun. If you're really picky or used to consistently-maintained chains like Sheratons, Omnis, Hiltons, etc., this place might be a shock to you. But don't be too frightened of the harsh reviews.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank BuildingHugger
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place was a DISGRACE!! My husband and I came to New Orleans for week 1 of the NFL season we checked in at 3:15 and checked out 4:00. The smell got me at the door but I decided to give it a chance, the elevator almost closed on me more than once. So we get to this disgusting room, carpet filthy, curtains dirty, dark, dreary, nothing like the pictures!!! We decided we try to get drunk and just try to deal that's when the mouse came to visit that was it for me!! When I called front desk to complain I was offered another room on another floor!!! REALLY like they don't travel floor to floor!!! We got the hell out of there and I have asked bookit.com to remove this hotel from their website as it is nowhere near up to their usual standards!! I would not stay here for free or recommend to anyone!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves at least update the photos online so people know what to expect!!! The location was awesome but not enough to forget everything else going on!!! Close this place and clean and exterminate ASAP!!! Just terrible

• Stayed September 2013