New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Capri Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
Capri Motel
You added Capri Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #150 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“No Remote Control!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

First, prostitution. You will see hookers. Second, drugs. Yes, there are full-time drug addicts living here with their toddlers. It's friday night, however, and I've yet to hear a gunshot & only one siren. The bath towels are an insult to common human decency, but if you are uncommon, you realize that two half-size towels equals one. There is a steady leak from the bathroom above mine which is perceptibly worsening, and providentially happens to fall directly into the toilet and sink. I have seen nor looked for any sign of vermin, but upon crawling into bed, i do itch, but then again I forgot to pack my own soap. There is a full fridge, great tv coverage, but I've just called the front desk to complain about a nearby rooms dogs, who were clawing and clamoring about the door presumably in the owners absence. The front desk was forthright and obliging and somehow, I wish to think without malice, has silenced those poor beasts. But no remote control. Seriously, to hell with this place.

• Stayed February 2012

Families
Couples
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I work for the U.S. Forest Service. I had the misfortune of staying here for a week. It was a horrible nightmare. People opening my door, trying to coerce me into buying their crack and drugged up women. When I said no, they became aggressive and tried to force themselves into my room. Police were of no help. Their solution was for me to lock my door for the night. The owner, when I complained, refused to listen to what I had to say. Each night I was awakened to screaming and yelling. Let's not forget the mice and cockroaches. The sheets had burn holes next to where the mice had chewed through. The cold water only worked half of the time. The rooms smell like death and to top it all, there were syringes in the desk drawer. Over all, if you stay here after reading this, then there is no hope for you.

• Stayed February 2011