“Mildred H. It was just great. Loved my stay.”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #10 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mildred H. It was just great. Loved my stay.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

From the minute I walked into your establishment I was amazed. Not only was the hotel in a great location, it was just perfect for the activities that I wanted to do. Convenient to everything. Room was clean, and comfortable, quiet at night, and staff very helpful. Right at Bourbon
Street where I wanted to be. We walked to most of our activities which was great. Glad the travel agency booked us there. We also enjoyed the pool area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mildred H
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mildred H,

Thank you for staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will tell all your friends and family that we are ready to welcome them to the French Quarter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,513)
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and some of the staff was friendly. (We had a rather rude house keeper.) The room was clean, but even the TV and my rather rambunctious 3 year old couldn't drown out the noise from Bourbon St.
When I booked the room I requested a room on an upper floor. When we got to the hotel we were informed the room we reserved was on the third floor. At one point we got off the elevator on our floor and the hallway smelled as if we had just missed a greatfull dead concert. This was brought to the staffs attention who notified management. This was a recurring smell that day. Which also might explain why the fire alarm went of several times throughout night and early morning hours. (BTW when I asked the front desk guy about the alarms he said he nothing)
For breakfast we did room service from the hotel restaurant. Not as good as I expected and definitely not grandma's pancakes.
So if your going for the party this is probably a good place, but not very family friendly. If I stay here again it will be because someone else is paying. Not worth the money could have stayed at a LA Quinta and had the same experience for a third of the cost.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank craigboggs
Dear CraigBoggs,

Thank you for staying with us this month. Certainly noise and fire alarms can be very disruptive. We are working very hard to minimize noise throughout the hotel, especially on Bourbon Street. Please contact me directly when planning a future visit and I will ensure you a perfect room with an interior courtyard view.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect. I saw the reviews and everyone was right. Staff are amazing, room is lovely, hotel is steeped in history, right in the middle on French quarter and you sleep so well in the quiet rooms. From the second you arrive the staff are there for you. Made our holiday coming here!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jonathan H,

Thank you for sharing your nice comments regarding our Hotel. Yes, we are an historic hotel and our ballroom and lobby areas date back to 1817!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Thanks so much to James Jay for accommodating us and helping make our trip so enjoyable. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Everyone from the front receptionists, to the concierge, to the housekeeping staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms are immaculate and the hotel has everything you need. Thank you Bourbon Orleans Hotel, we had a fabulous stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Latasha S,

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I will be certain to let James Jay, Director of our reservations department know of your kind words. Please let all your friends and family in Cleveland know we are here for them!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This truly is an amazing hotel. Even though our stay was very short, we had a great time. The room is very nice and overlooked the pool. We didn't go in, but saw a few couples enjoying a little break from the crowds on Bourbon St. The bartender, Steven Lemley, makes a killer cocktail and is a lot of fun to talk to.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel, you will not have a bad night.

Room Tip: The rooms with a courtyard view are very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dano,

Thank you for staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans! I will be certain to share your comments with Steven, our mixologist in the Bourbon O Bar. Wish you were still here………I am ready for a Tiki Drink!
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay, but was disappointed with non complimentary breakfast. Also, the shower drainage was not good and the toilet didn't flush adequately. my wife and I waited for over an hour to get our car at check out. A personal suggestion would be to place "quiet please" signs in the hallways until at least 11am. All in all the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Loved the location and turn down service.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Carlos,

Thank you for staying with us this month. We are very proud of our friendly staff. We work hard to ensure everything is in working order in all guestrooms. I will be certain to follow up on your comments with engineering. Thank you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel is simply amazing. I haven't even been home a week and I miss it already! From its friendly staff to its beautiful and clean rooms. It definitely is a must stay for anyone looking for a clean and comfortable hotel in the French Quarter. It's location is a plus as well. My daughter and I got up each morning and walked to our destination for the day.

The price was right too.

Thank for a fabulous time! We already are working on coming back real soon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Tiffany W,

We miss you too! Our passion at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel is to “Provide the best in personal service for our guests who will always enjoy a fun, friendly, and authentic French Quarter experience”. Please let all your friends and family in Chicago know we are ready to welcome them to NOLA.