“Great Hotel/Staff Except!”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the NBA All Star Weekend. What a great time we had in New Orleans. It was myself and my two boys and a group of 10 others. We had a blast on Bourbon Street, loved the food and the Hotel met all expectations.

I do have only one complaint and that was from one of the female bar tenders at the hotel. She became very rude, obnoxious and un professional to our group when we asked if she remembered a beer we had ordered. She started getting all cocky and stating that she was taking care of the 2 ladies at the end of the bar who had ordered hot totties. Really? how bout you get the beer and then make the drinks that took her 10 minutes to make. We ordered the beer before the 2 ladies ordered their drinks. Uncalled for is all I can say. I would also say that this is reason for me to not stay at this hotel again.

Will definitely come back to NO but not to this hotel. Your employees are what make hotels great. This one put a horrible taste in my mouth and I shall not return. By the way, she was the only person in NO that was rude in any way. The people of NO are very friendly and happy to have us in their city. Thanks so much for the hospitality NO.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

I was delighted to read you and your two sons had a great experience in New Orleans during the NBA All Star game. Please accept my sincere apology for the service you experienced in the bar. I have followed up on this matter personally. Please contact me directly when planning your next New Orleans visit so I can personally make your arrangements.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,377)

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

First off, the location was fantastic. You are a 30 second walk to Bourbon Street

The rooms are very small. However, most hotels around bourbon street are small. But expect a New York sized hotel room.

My only complaints were that someone set off a fire alarm on 2/15 early morning. We had to get dressed to go down to the lobby to find out someone had pulled it as a prank.

The housekeeping didn't clean our sheets for 2 days, they just made the bed. Also, a housekeeper left our door open after she left, the door was likely open for about 12 hours.

If you want a reasonable, great location hotel, this is for you. This hotel might not be ideal for a big party group though, the rooms are tiny and most of the guests seemed 35+ years old.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for staying with us this month. As a historic French Quarter hotel we have guestrooms of various sizes and many are quite large. I am very concerned about your housekeeping experience. We pride ourselves on delivering a consistently excellent housekeeping service. We do place tent cards in the rooms as a green initiative indicating that the notice needs to be left on the bed letting us know that you would like your sheets changed. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your experience further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to love the Bourbon Orleans because of all the great reviews! The location is fantastic! It really doesn't get much better. But the management was less than stellar. The elevator broke and we got stuck. Our room was the size of my bedroom closet, which isn't a huge deal, except that it made it hard to keep the temperature comfortable. It was constantly damp from the shower and too hot the few times the heat kicked on. We had to keep our suitcase in the closet because there was no place else it would fit.
For the price Id rather stay somewhere a little more comfortable, even if it means I'm walking a littler farther.
One awesome thing I should mention, their lobby Christmas decorations are stunning! Worth a peek in if you are around during the holidays.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for staying with us in November. I apologize for your elevator experience. We had been upgrading our guest elevators and I am pleased to say this project is now complete. Our guestroom sizes do vary due to the historical nature of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed our holiday décor, we are getting ready for Mardi Décor this week

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Of course, any hotel in the French Quarter can provide the basics of location and a bed to sleep in. What differentiates the Burbon Orleans from the others is a staff that cares about their guests. Winess Concierge Ron Laigaie --- he noticed that my wife had trouble walking and suggested a tour of a plantation that had an elevator -- Houmas plantation ... the tour was excellent and the people were accomodiating to my wife. Additionally, staff was attentative to my wife (for example "sit down in the lobby until we get you a cab" an helping her into the cab.

The room was excellent ... clean and highly functional with a walk in shower in every room (one of the reasons we picked this hotel). We were short of a item in our room. In the time it took me to walk from the front desk to the elevator (about 75 feet) an employee met me at the elevator with the item.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I was delighted to read of your experience with Ron Laigaie, Concierge as well as other members of our team. We stress to our staff taking the time to address every guests individual needs. I will be sure to share your comments in our newsletter. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for two nights while vising New Orleans. Our room was very small, but the location more than made up for it. We ended up self parking in a parking garage a few blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans. Our location is one of the best and very central to experiencing all that the FQ has to offer. Due to our historical location , some rooms may be smaller, however on your next visit I encourage you to try any of our balcony or courtyard accommodations as we have many spacious guest rooms and suites.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Well appointed hotel centrally located in the French Quarter. We had a spacious room with a balcony facing St. Ann's street (quieter than Orleans St). We were able to walk/bus everywhere we wanted to go.
In addition the hotel has a great bar with excellent live music and is a value for the area.

• Stayed: February 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our new craft cocktail bar, the Bourbon O. We have introduced a new Hollywood South Menu featuring fun New Orleans libations that were featured in films made in New Orleans. For example, the Sazerac, featured in James Bonds “Live and Let Die” with Roger Moore. Come on back and we will have one ready for you!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights last week. The location is fantastic. It's right in the middle of the French Quarter. I didn't mind the small room or the low ceiling in the bathroom, or that they were doing some renovations so there was only one elevator available. However, the mattress on the bed was not great. There were small stains on the sheets. The towels were in terrible shape. The water coming out of the shower head had a funny smell. It was also quite noisy with a lot of noise from the hallway since they'd given me a room next to the service elevator.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us here at the Bourbon Orleans. I am investigating your experience because Just ok is not acceptable to us. I am hopeful you will give us another opportunity to serve you and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me when planning your next visit to New Orleans and the French Quarter.