“Great Locale”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel and wonderful staff. Accommodating, helpful, friendly. We booked a balcony suite for Halloween but they upgraded us to the owners suite with a wrap around balcony , nice surprise. Room service was great. Hotel bar and restaurant were good ( breakfast only.). Nothing negative that I can say. It's right in the heart of the French Quarter. Loved it.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank JoanWarwick

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This has been my dream hotel since my very first trip to New Orleans back in 2002, when I fell in love with my then boyfriend, now husband! When we decided to renew our vows for our 10th Anniversary on Halloween (also the day we were married in NOLA) it was a NO-BRAINER where I wanted to stay.
Planning our vacation way in advance allowed me to work with the staff on my needs. Thank you again Megan & Laurie!! Since our ceremony was going to be just family and there wasn't going to be enough room in just a balcony room, we were upgraded to the balcony loft suite, and even a week after my trip thinking about that room I get the chills - Just BEAUTIFUL!! Worth every penny and I would do it again in a split second!!
The bedroom and bathroom are set upstairs in the loft. Having the bedroom upstairs tucked away means you are tucked away from the noise of the FQ. (I say this having partied & slept in this room on Halloween night!!) The bed is super comfy and in the morning since you are in a loft, you almost feel like you are in the clouds! (kinda nice for a 2nd honeymoon!)
The bathroom is updated, and has a modern shower with a 1/2 glass wall. Water pressure is nice, and the bathroom counter is great for any woman putting on makeup! It was great having a living space below, more like an apartment. My husband & I joked that the room was bigger than our own house!
The hotel is quite a charmer and has some lovely stories to tell. Is it haunted, maybe... ?? Location in the heart of the French Quarter is absolutely PERFECT and you always know your way back to your hotel with "touchdown Jesus" down the block (and just stunning to admire!!) I suggest to ANY BRIDE to take pictures in this beautiful hotel. I did, and I think my pictures now are way better then the originals!!
Bourbon Orleans, you have my heart... and I can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Loft Balcony Suite... the bed is set back and you get no noise from the streets below!!
1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is exquisite. If you want to treat yourself with some of the best New Orleans (Nawlins) has to offer--stay here. Breakfast is fantastic & best part everything is around te hotel. You can walk almost anywhere & you will only be a coupel of blocks away. I cannot wait to take my 5 year old daughter. We have visited many times before she was born.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mamaitaly72
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Bourbon Orleans has a very courteous staff, wonderful location and relaxing atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay and couldn't have asked for more. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The staff was helpful by giving us suggestions of places to eat late one night. Our next trip is in the planning stages.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank RobinAlan6
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans over Halloween weekend ~ GREAT experience. I felt like this was our private chateau in the midst of the French Quarter. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed sipping cocktails by the quant pool and the clean, quiet environment throughout the hotel. It was the perfect spot to relax between shopping and sight seeing, as it is located convenient to everything: Bourbon St, Jackson Square, the shops on Royal. This is a MUST place to stay. Can't wait to return!!!

2  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very friendly, great bistro, bar, pool, rooms, location. Walk to Bourbon Street and far enough to get some sleep. Only complaint was a small bath in the King room. Be prepared to spend 32 a day for parking.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe Z
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for our wedding anniversary - Halloween! Our flight arrived before the 3PM check-in but the very friendly staff was able to accommodate us without a wait. Our room faced Orleans street and was not especially quiet but we weren't bothered by the Halloween revelry. After all, it's New Orleans! Lovely room, nice balcony with chairs, comfortable bed, good lighting, in-room safe, very quiet A/C unit, free Wi-Fi and 2 complimentary drinks in the hotel lounge. We did not use the dining room or the pool but both looked very inviting. We will definitely stay here on our next annual trip to NOLA.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room if you want something quieter.