“Great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Madison, Mississippi
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stay in NOLA quite a bit and this is the first time to stay in this hotel. We had a balcony suite and really enjoyed all the spaciousness in the room. We could see Bourbon St from our balcony, but didn't have all the noise associated with being right on Bourbon (and this was Halloween). The staff was great and we will stay here again. I think it may be time to replace some sheets. They were so scratchy, we bought our own sheets for the second night. Also, with only one elevator working (sometimes both elevators were down and we had to take the freight elevator) we had some long waits to get to our room. All in all, really nice visit.

Room Tip: The balcony room with a loft gives you plenty of space to do things while the other person sleeps.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Located smack bang in the middle of the French Quarter, we weren't sure what to expect from Bourbon Orleans. The anxiety continued when we were shown to a goods lift as the best way to get to our sixth floor room....but thankfully all turned out well! We had booked a room overlooking the pool and not the street on advice of other Trip Advisor users and this was a great tip as we had no noise at all - quite a feat in a hotel of this size in an area where the bars stay open until 6am. The room wasn't the most spacious but it was newly decorated and very comfortable. The hotel is a busy one and as such lacks any real personal touch. It's also a popular wedding venue so over the weekend, the outside pool area was frequently out of bounds but with so many other things to do in New Orleans, this didn't feel like a big miss. It isn't cheap and the valet charges are high but it wins for convenience and comfort.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room overlooking the pool and not the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had never been to NOLA before and chose this hotel because of it's central location and it's history. We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and so decided to 'splash out'. The staff were super friendly and accommodated my Husband's request for champagne and fruit in the room as a surprise for me without any fuss or fanfare!
They also provided us with one of the few rooms which a balcony which opens out into the pool courtyard which was a lovely surprise. The room was nice and clean, not particularly spacious but we didn't spend long in there so that wasn't a problem.
Couple of criticisms - firstly, we were on the 3rd floor close to the ballroom and when we arrived from the UK on the Saturday night a large party (probably the wedding mentioned in a previous review) was in full swing. The sound of the band was deafening! Luckily, by that time we had been awake for over 24 hours travelling and had also enjoyed a couple of cocktails in our stroll around the French Quarter before going to bed, so nothing kept us awake that night!
Secondly, we didn't find the courtyard pool area very quiet due to the large air-conditioning units on the roof. There was a constant loud droning noise.
Having said all this, everyone was so friendly (I especially enjoyed wandering through the front door and one of the doormen saying 'welcome back' each time we returned to the hotel) I would most definitely go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KEY WEST
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We go to New Orleans a lot and decided to try the Bourbon Orleans this time because of their two level suite. The suite is perfect for the small reception we had for my birthday and the catering staff was wonderful. The set up and take down were done flawlessly and I didn't have to do a thing. The food was perfect and enjoyed by all of my guests. I asked for a suite overlooking Orleans St. because I did not want to be near Bourbon St. and they accommodated my request. Even though we were the furthest suite from Bourbon, the noise was so loud, I did not sleep the first night. The next morning I went to the front desk to ask where I could purchase earplugs and I was given two pair right there. My friends stayed in a room overlooking the pool and did not hear any noise. If you want to sleep, get earplugs or a pool/courtyard view!!!! My only concern about the hotel was the staff. While each and every member of the staff dutifully said "hello" at every encounter, it didn't always feel personable. I expected a little more. One of the reasons I love the city is because of the people and I just didn't get that New Orleans vibe from the employees at the Bourbon Orleans.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

First time visitors to NOLA and following some other travelers advice on-line, we booked the Bourbon Orleans! What a wonderfully lucky happenstance for us. Great location, super staff, great king bed room overlooking the courtyard (quite after a day and night of busy, busy). We truly fell in love with so many of the staff we came in contact with. Starting with the fellows in front, to the front desk staff who greeted us warmly after a day of air travel (Geo-"our guy", the lovey young woman who was the morning "go-to" gal, Launa who was our after hours bud), and of course Caleb (Mr. Superman) and a great young man from New Jersey (sorry I'm blanking on his name). These were all our superstars but there was not a grouchy person in the mix. We were there a full week and while we encountered a couple of minor glitches the staff went above and beyond to remedy those minor happenings. Good job to whomever sets the bar high on customer service as it is very evident in every way. Having said all that I do have to lament the fact that the management did not provide a ghostly appearance in spite of the "haunted" reputation-bummer!!!

Room Tip: If you want a quite nights sleep or are a light sleeper make sure you choose a room that overlooks t...
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stroll Bourbon Street during the madness that is Halloween on Bourbon. After walking past all of the drinking establishments filled with "tourist" 20 somethings I stumbled on the Bourbon O' Bar. Fun people without the over the top behavior. I wanted to give a special "shout out" to my cocktail waitress Nita. She had the perfect personality for a bar in New Orleans. An intimate knowledge of the city - and more importantly - the music scene. Not only did she recommend the perfect libation, but she also helped me set my itinerary for the rest of the evening and the next few days. She could work for the visitor's bureau . . . thanks Nita!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect, a half block from Bourbon Street. The staff is friendly and the rooms are beautiful! I work at a luxury hotel and am not easily impressed. A little disappointed I didn't hear or see any ghosts though!